No announcement yet.

Aaron Judge, rookie of the New York Yankees and why you should watch him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    He was trolling lol. Bellinger trails Judge in every department, literally every. The closest one is Judge has 6 stolen bases while Bellinger has 5.

Although Bellinger can definitely be something special though. At this pace he can shatter Piazza's record for homer runs by a rookie Dodger with 35hr Bellinger needs 15 which is definitely doable in 3 months. Bellinger could end up with 40 homers 100 rbi, over .600 slugging % which would put him at 1st place for Dodger's rookies all time in HR's and slugging. Both Judge and Bellinger about to take some Yankees/Dodgers rookie records this year. But Judge may do more than that, he may break some other MLB records.
    mike trout actually is better, mike was 1.0 war points ahead of your boy before that injury, lol, mike trout is good enough to come back and pass judges azz in war and many statistics that judge went ahead on way after the trout injury, lol, buster olney beleives this might happen, lol, mike trout is that good, lol, cody is not better than your boy but mike trout is still far off the best player in baseball

Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 06-25-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
      mike trout actually is better, mike was 1.0 war points ahead of your boy before that injury, lol, mike trout is good enough to come back and pass judges azz in war and many statistics that judge went ahead on way after the trout injury, lol, buster olney beleives this might happen, lol, mike trout is that good, lol, cody is not better than your boy but mike trout is still far off the best player in baseball

Trout is great, no doubt, a veteran. Judge is a rookie though.

To even be in the same sentence as Trout, an established all-star who's finished as MVP or runner-up every year, says a lot for Judge.

Judge is probably going to surpass Trout's rookie numbers of 30 home runs and 83 rbi's in 139 games. Judge will hit 30 homers probably even before All star break, well before even 100 games probably, and he will drive in more than 83 rbi's.

Unlike Trout, who won RoY and impressively finished 2nd in MVP voting in his first year, Judge might win both in his first year, barring an injury.

Comment

Trout is great, no doubt, a veteran. Judge is a rookie though.

To even be in the same sentence as Trout, an established all-star who's finished as MVP or runner-up every year, says a lot for Judge.

Judge is probably going to surpass Trout's rookie numbers of 30 home runs and 83 rbi's in 139 games. Judge will hit 30 homers probably even before All star break, well before even 100 games probably, and he will drive in more than 83 rbi's.

Unlike Trout, who won RoY and impressively finished 2nd in MVP voting in his first year, Judge might win both in his first year, barring an injury.
        mvp wouldnt be close this year if injury didnt occur for trout cause when trout got injured, he was #1 on almost every offensive category and judge was stating to really lag, trouts war was 3.5 and judges was 2 .4, lol,

by the way, the ball is fuhkin juiced or something, lol, mike trout is great and all but this year hes like a fkkin monster, lol, i love mike trout but baseball is trying to make baseballs easier to hit(my opinion), so many playrs in th league are taking advantage of this stupid sh11t like mike trout, aaron judge, cody bellinger, paul goldsmidt, lol, this year to me is like a mark mc gwire vs sosa time without steroids, lol, only balls being super juiced so judge trout byant harper and many others can get record setting numbers, lol, this is bullsh11t, lol, judge trout bellinger are good but not this good, the blue jays put up over 900 ****in runs 2 seasons ago, lol, yankees play in a hitters park and just about most teams do aswell,

mlb juicing he balls up is good for baseball and trout, harper, seager, bellinger, judge are the ones who will benefit by breaking and dismantling unbreakable records

baseball is juiced-
        Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 06-25-2017, 06:02 PM.

Comment

It's scary, with his power and he can hit to the opposite field. His home runs are almost evenly distributed through right field, center, and left field. That's where the .328 comes from, he hit. He's going to break records this year. I was wondering the other day if he can break Roger Maris' 61 homers, he's certainly close to be on pace, but I think it's unsustainable. He has 26, to break it he needs 36 in the next 3 months and 1 week, that's an average of about 12 per month which isn't something I see him doing. I mean he has 9 in June and that's with a little bit of a "slump".
          The question isn't if he can PHYSICALLY break 61, it's can he MENTALLY break 61. I recall Maris was losing his hair by late September. Being young and in NYC will make it very tough for Judge.

McGwire, Sosa and Bonds were mature and playing in backwater swamps (St Louis, Chicago and San Fran) ...big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
            mvp wouldnt be close this year if injury didnt occur for trout cause when trout got injured, he was #1 on almost every offensive category and judge was stating to really lag, trouts war was 3.5 and judges was 2 .4, lol,

by the way, the ball is fuhkin juiced or something, lol, mike trout is great and all but this year hes like a fkkin monster, lol, i love mike trout but baseball is trying to make baseballs easier to hit(my opinion), so many playrs in th league are taking advantage of this stupid sh11t like mike trout, aaron judge, cody bellinger, paul goldsmidt, lol, this year to me is like a mark mc gwire vs sosa time without steroids, lol, only balls being super juiced so judge trout byant harper and many others can get record setting numbers, lol, this is bullsh11t, lol, judge trout bellinger are good but not this good, the blue jays put up over 900 ****in runs 2 seasons ago, lol, yankees play in a hitters park and just about most teams do aswell,

mlb juicing he balls up is good for baseball and trout, harper, seager, bellinger, judge are the ones who will benefit by breaking and dismantling unbreakable records

baseball is juiced-
            Judge is now at 4.4 WAR I think.

As far as Judge trailing Trout by the time Trout got injured let's see.

Trout's last game was May 28, so let's compare their numbers up to that point.

Trout - Judge
            HR: 16 - 16
            RBI: 36 - 34
            AVG: .337 - .321
            OBP: .461 - .422
            SLG: .742 - .679

He trailed but it was pretty close, and btw Judge was not starting to lag, he was actually picking it up. Which is why now his SLG% is at .700, his average is at .332, his OBP is .440. so far his home runs per month is also pretty consistent, 10 (APR), 7(May), and 9 (June). Still, comparing Judge to Trout, he's in good company then.

MLB baseballs: Yes, some pitchers like Verlander, Tanaka and Kershaw have complained about something being different with the baseballs. Kershaw has allowed more home runs this season than he ever has in any other season with 17 homers allowed, the most he's allowed in a full season was 15. Tanaka and Verlander also have the same complaints. Verlander says the seams on the balls are tighter, which makes it harder to get a grip on it, this benefits the batter. There are other ace pitchers getting hit harder than usual this year.

Comment

This kid is going places.

Comment

Aaron Judge is a rookie, home grown from the Yankees minor league system.

He is 6'7" 285lbs.

He hits home runs like the steroid era players without the steroids.

Judge has 26 home runs, the other two Yankee rookies to hit 25+ home runs are in the Hall of Fame right now, Joe Gordon (rookie in 1938) and Joe DiMaggio (rookie in 1936).

The Yankees record for most home runs by a rookie is 29 home runs by Joe DiMaggio set in 1936. Aaron Judge has an insane 26 hr's and it's not even half the season yet. So he will soon be breaking an 81 year old record.

Judge can break the record for home runs hit by a rookie in MLB history, 49 homers, set by Mark McGwire in 1987.

Judge is on pace to win Rookie of the Year and AL Most Valuable Player, done only by Ichiro Suzuki in 2001 and Fred Lynn in 1975.

And finally:

Longest hit home run of the season (495 feet).
                Incredible power and a gigantic human. But he is 25 years old. So he's going after things done by 19-22 yr olds. Still fun to watch

Comment

Average age of a player in triple A last season was 28.

Average age of a rook is 24.5.

Comment

Judge is now at 4.4 WAR I think.

As far as Judge trailing Trout by the time Trout got injured let's see.

Trout's last game was May 28, so let's compare their numbers up to that point.

Trout - Judge
                    HR: 16 - 16
                    RBI: 36 - 34
                    AVG: .337 - .321
                    OBP: .461 - .422
                    SLG: .742 - .679

He trailed but it was pretty close, and btw Judge was not starting to lag, he was actually picking it up. Which is why now his SLG% is at .700, his average is at .332, his OBP is .440. so far his home runs per month is also pretty consistent, 10 (APR), 7(May), and 9 (June). Still, comparing Judge to Trout, he's in good company then.

MLB baseballs: Yes, some pitchers like Verlander, Tanaka and Kershaw have complained about something being different with the baseballs. Kershaw has allowed more home runs this season than he ever has in any other season with 17 homers allowed, the most he's allowed in a full season was 15. Tanaka and Verlander also have the same complaints. Verlander says the seams on the balls are tighter, which makes it harder to get a grip on it, this benefits the batter. There are other ace pitchers getting hit harder than usual this year.
                    i know those numbers, judge was way ahead of trout at one point on many numbers(like hr, rbi slg, etc.) but trout started going nuts, lol, i love trout but baseball is gonna give away records to judge bellinger trout so people can watch baseball, i follow trout every second of every moment (from his espn player card online that showed hes #1 )when he plays and trout passed everyone on the american and national league on most offensive categories, lol, people were saying trout is the only the clear favorite in mvp for mvp,

at the time of his injury he was in #1 in just about all offensive categories except hits runs and rbis, he was still in top 5 in those areas aswell, trout was having a season that he was clearing everyone away and it was hysterical,

like buster olney max kellerman(yanks fan) scott vn pelt etc. said ................it wouldnt surprise them if trout leapfrogs everybody(including judge) on stats like he did again when he comes back on mvp race,

his 5 tool stats were better than judge, lol, judges pace was scary, now its not as scary but the league adjusted, lol, trout is getting better in every year, look at this year, the best of his life, lol,

baseball is handing out records as gifts to judge trout bellinger, lol, this sh11t is stupid"peeleft:

balls are juiced for players like trout bellinger and judge, lol, balls are juiced
                    Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 06-25-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Dont make me take out my Anaheim Angels hat.

I know you NY still butthurt about the ownage back in early 2Ks.

Comment

Working...
                      X