No announcement yet.

Harvard Student submits rap album as thesis, graduates with honors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    There we go! Who said he was an engineer? Who derailed the thread?
    He is also an engineer. He is going to work at Google as a software engineer after graduating. He just majored in English is all. This rap album was for an English thesis.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      He is also an engineer. He is going to work at Google as a software engineer after graduating. He just majored in English is all. This rap album was for an English thesis.
      Gotcha.......

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Did you even read the article?

Harvard undergraduates aren't obligated to submit senior theses, but most departments require it to graduate with honors. Often it takes the form of a research paper, but students can apply to turn in an artistic work as a creative thesis. Some submit screenplays, novels or poetry

It's optional and only required for graduating with honors. It also doesn't have to pertain to their major. It's not like he hasn't taken the required courses for his degree.
        Fair point, and like I said in my second post, I'm not bashing the kid, Im glad he is a software engineer...
        It just seems stupid that a rap album or rock song or country western album going to gain acclaim in college..

Especially the social issues.. so many issues in America get totally ignored, the crazy hardcore left (not normal liberals) are dividing this country and setting race relations back 60 years..

I don't care if u black, white, Latino, etc.. just be a productive member of society.. that's all I ask.. this kid seems legit, but getting bogged down ideology... bush n Obama both got bogged down by ideology... Clinton was great because he was fairly in the middle and not tied to idealogy.. America on both sides are just beyond stupid right now.. the social warriors have hijacked the left, with disasterous results.. the right has the conservative idiots and they have hijacked the right.. all these mofos need to chill

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Fair point, and like I said in my second post, I'm not bashing the kid, Im glad he is a software engineer...
          It just seems stupid that a rap album or rock song or country western album going to gain acclaim in college..

Especially the social issues.. so many issues in America get totally ignored, the crazy hardcore left (not normal liberals) are dividing this country and setting race relations back 60 years..

I don't care if u black, white, Latino, etc.. just be a productive member of society.. that's all I ask.. this kid seems legit, but getting bogged down ideology... bush n Obama both got bogged down by ideology... Clinton was great because he was fairly in the middle and not tied to idealogy.. America on both sides are just beyond stupid right now.. the social warriors have hijacked the left, with disasterous results.. the right has the conservative idiots and they have hijacked the right.. all these mofos need to chill
          Such as????????

Comment

Sounds corny as hell.

I wonder how many years until Spike Lee makes a movie based on this.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Such as????????
              Inner city schools being horrible

Chicago murder rate

Fatherless bastard black kids

Nation 20 trillion in debt

NYC high school students having grade school level reading capabilities

Black kids having no lunches unless taxpayers pay for it

Yet the news n liberals want to focus on none of that..

How many speeches has the great community organizer Obama given to Chicago high schools... zero, but he is talking to Wall Street collecting 400k a speech..

How many marches have been done in protest of gang violence or bastard kids.. zero

That's what's ****ed up about America

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                Well it says he submitted the thesis to the English department, safe guess is that English is his major (or one of his majors). The thesis was probably a requirement for honors in the major, as is often the case.

EDIT: I just looked him up on LinkedIn, he is an English major at Harvard. Apparently for three years while studying there he worked as a software developer for the school.
                Nice.

In which case, I don't see anything controversial at all with him submitting a rap album as his major project.

Comment

He's doing his part by further driving the relevance of traditional university campuses into the ground and facilitating the future elearning revolution

Comment

Chicago murder rate

How many speeches has the great community organizer Obama given to Chicago high schools... zero, but he is talking to Wall Street collecting 400k a speech..

How many marches have been done in protest of gang violence or bastard kids.. zero

I have heard complaints about all of those. Most the issues you stated are due to poverty. When some politicians try to put in policies to help alleviate poverty. You and some politicians cry out and say, you're gonna blow up the debt.

Stop acting like you care about those issues. You only bring them up to make some people look bad.

Comment

Chicago murder rate

The things you named are talked about all the damn time.

Its twice now in the same thread that you talk about stuff without understanding it.

Comment

Working...
                      X