Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama after P*ssin on Isreal, P*sses on Russia. Expells 35 Officials Seizes Compounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Those are my thoughts exactly and the same goes for anybody in this country aligning themselves with them.
    Xenophobic much?

Comment

Im sure Obama didnt just expel these Russians without having some solid proof. The only thing I find hypocritical is China has been caught more times spying on the USA and its businesses more than any other country for the last decade but yet we dont sanction them because I guess bootlegging isnt as bad as messing with a flawed election system.

My big thing is people make such a huge deal about illegal Mexicans but theres tons of non Mexicans here illegally and legally that do far worse to US commerce through counterfeit goods and keeping money out of US based businesses hands.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        This is the report from Homeland Security released today on the alleged hacking...what a pile of horsecrap this is...no real details of anything...and 12 pages on how to secure you network.

And comes with a disclaimer at the top of it...that's reassuring!

JOINT ANALYSIS REPORT DISCLAIMER:
        This report is provided “as is” for informational purposes only. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DHS
        does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this advisory or otherwise.

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/defaul...-2016-1229.pdf

And on this evidence of this report...Obama expels the Russians?
        Originally posted by jas View Post
        trump won

deal with it liberal braindeads

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
        trump won and obum is on his way out and everyone sees him for what he is: a b*tch. life is good.

this is a load of **** tbh. it's mostly democrats and the neocon never trumpers in the GOP pushing the aggression card on Russia. one side wants an excuse to explain an embarrassing defeat and the other wants to quadruple the defense budget business as usual. both are ******s and irrelevant at this point. the GOP voterbase and the rest of America voted in a president who doesn't want anything to do with that so all of what you said is irrelevant too.

Georgia is still its ****ty self after the "invasion". the only difference is they're not bombing Ossetians anymore because of Russia. the MSM and bush government sold Georgia as some little kid being bullied and Americans ate that **** up.

woops.

Iraq had WMDs, assad was barrel bombing civilians, Russia is evil... America funds its massive defense industry on perpetual disinformation and the willfully ignorant.
        Just as i suspected,

they got nothing:

FBI/DHS Joint Analysis Report: A Fatally Flawed Effort

The FBI/DHS Joint Analysis Report (JAR) “Grizzly Steppe” was released yesterday as part of the White House’s response to alleged Russian government interference in the 2016 election process. It adds nothing to the call for evidence that the Russian government was responsible for hacking the DNC, the DCCC, the email accounts of Democratic party officials, or for delivering the content of those hacks to Wikileaks.

It merely listed every threat group ever reported on by a commercial cybersecurity company that is suspected of being Russian-made and lumped them under the heading of Russian Intelligence Services (RIS) without providing any supporting evidence that such a connection exists.

A common misconception of “threat group” is that refers to a group of people. It doesn’t. Here’s how ESET describes SEDNIT, one of the names for the threat group known as APT28, Fancy Bear, etc. This definition is found on p.12 of part two “En Route with Sednit: Observing the Comings and Goings”:

As security researchers, what we call “the Sednit group” is merely a set of software and the related network infrastructure, which we can hardly correlate with any specific organization.
        https://medium.com/@jeffreycarr/fbi-...2fa#.oclvirjvh

Critiques of the DHS/FBI’s GRIZZLY STEPPE Report

But why is this so bad? Because it does not follow the intent laid out by the White House and confuses readers to think that this report is about attribution and not the intended purpose of helping network defenders. The public is looking for evidence of the attribution, the White House and the DHS/FBI clearly laid out that this report is meant for network defense, and then the entire discussion in the document is on how the DHS/FBI confirms that APT28 and APT29 are RIS groups that compromised a political party. The technical indicators they released later in the report (which we will discuss more below) are in no way related to that attribution though.

Or said more simply: the written portion of the report has little to nothing to do with the intended purpose or the technical data released.

Even worse, page 4 of the document notes other groups identified as RIS (Figure 4). This would be exciting normally. Government validation of private sector intelligence helps raise the confidence level of the public information. Unfortunately, the list in the report detracts from the confidence because of the interweaving of unrelated data.
        The report goes beyond indicators to include new tradecraft and techniques used by the Russian intelligence services

The report was to detail new tradecraft and techniques used by the RIS and specifically noted that defenders could leverage this to find new tactics and techniques. Except – it doesn’t. The report instead gives a high-level overview of how APT28 and APT29 have been reported to operate which is very generic and similar to many adversary campaigns (Figure 8). The tradecraft and techniques presented specific to the RIS include things such as “using shortened URLs”, “spear phishing”, “lateral movement”, and “escalating privileges” once in the network. This is basically the same set of tactics used across unrelated campaigns for the last decade or more.

Closing Thoughts

The White House’s response and combined messaging from the government agencies is well done and the technical attribution provided by private sector companies has been solid for quite some time. However, the DHS/FBI GRIZZLY STEPPE report does not meet its stated intent of helping network defenders and instead choose to focus on a confusing assortment of attribution, non-descriptive indicators, and re-hashed tradecraft. Additionally, the bulk of the report (8 of the 13 pages) is general high level recommendations not descriptive of the RIS threats mentioned and with no linking to what activity would help with what aspect of the technical data covered. It simply serves as an advertisement of documents and programs the DHS is trying to support. One recommendation for Whitelisting Applications might as well read “whitelisting is good mm’kay?” If that recommendation would have been overlaid with what it would have stopped in this campaign specifically and how defenders could then leverage that information going forward it would at least have been descriptive and useful. Instead it reads like a copy/paste of DHS’ most recent documents – at least in a vendor report you usually only get 1 page of marketing instead of 8.

This ultimately seems like a very rushed report put together by multiple teams working different data sets and motivations. It is my opinion and speculation that there were some really good government analysts and operators contributing to this data and then report reviews, leadership approval processes, and sanitation processes stripped out most of the value and left behind a very confusing report trying to cover too much while saying too little.

We must do better as a community. This report is a good example of how a really strong strategic message (POTUS statement) and really good data (government and private sector combination) can be opened to critique due to poor report writing.

they absolutely have NOTHING.

Pure technical balderdash that amounts to pure conjecture and no real solid evidence of a smoking gun pointing to putin.

they are trying to find guilt in a mountain of technical jargon that most american wont know anything about but in essence, does not prove that the russian government and putin was behind this....

NO smoking gun.

No real evidence.

basically an avalanche of technical jargon meant to show "appearance" of guilt without any actual evidence showing putin and russias guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Im sure Obama didnt just expel these Russians without having some solid proof. The only thing I find hypocritical is China has been caught more times spying on the USA and its businesses more than any other country for the last decade but yet we dont sanction them because I guess bootlegging isnt as bad as messing with a flawed election system.

My big thing is people make such a huge deal about illegal Mexicans but theres tons of non Mexicans here illegally and legally that do far worse to US commerce through counterfeit goods and keeping money out of US based businesses hands.
          read my post before this.

they got nothing.

they are trying to prove guilt in the court of public opinion with an avalanche of technical jargon that proves no smoking gun or any clear cut evidence of putin was behind this.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            Xenophobic much?

just a rich guy from calabasas california playing thug life online.

another riff raff/malibus most wanted type of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
              read my post before this.

they got nothing.

they are trying to prove guilt in the court of public opinion with an avalanche of technical jargon that proves no smoking gun or any clear cut evidence of putin was behind this.
              No I get it but I think in this case we are not dealing with a "beyond a reasonable doubt" sorta case. "The glove dont have to fit" or there shouldnt have to be a "smoking gun." Spying on the USA is punishable by death or life imprisonment so sanctions against a country that doesnt show other countries diplomats the same freedoms we show theirs is far from the worst thing President Obama coulda did. Im not commending him but you cant give a country like Russia an inch because then theyll take a mile.

Comment

No I get it but I think in this case we are not dealing with a "beyond a reasonable doubt" sorta case. "The glove dont have to fit" or there shouldnt have to be a "smoking gun." Spying on the USA is punishable by death or life imprisonment so sanctions against a country that doesnt show other countries diplomats the same freedoms we show theirs is far from the worst thing President Obama coulda did. Im not commending him but you cant give a country like Russia an inch because then theyll take a mile.
                so basically, hacking happens.

that HAPPENS EVERYDAY. election or no election.

america got CAUGHT hacking OUR OWN allies ffs.... what's happening now is, the obama administration, stating **** THAT HAPPENS EVERYDAY, ie superpowers and nations hacking each other, as the reason why hillary lost and basically proving no evidence that in this SPECIFIC HACK, it was putin, it was to influence the election....

there is no evidence of that.

hacking happens everyday, 24 hrs a day, 365. election or no election. if you have a specific charge, and obama administration and the mainstream media has been saying russia is behind this SPECIFIC hack with putin behind it, you better show better evidence than this.

because this is absolutely nothing.

they have not proven anything. the only thing they have proven is that hacking exists. not what they are SPECIFICALLY charging putin for.

pure political hijinks, HYPOCRISY and grandstanding.

Comment

i mean just think about it dude,

if what obama is saying is TRUE, that putin was behind this hack to STEAL the election from hillary to trump,

shouldnt the consequence be a lot steeper?

AND THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION KNEW WELLLLLLLL BEFORE THE ELECTION, yet they did nothing.

what was the reason they gave for staying silent?

"We didnt want to influence the election..."

yea, ok. barack.

that's why you campaigned for hillary, because you didnt want to influence the election...

If what obama white house is saying is true, then the penalty should have been a lot steeper than this.

its not true,

that's why the penalty is really just a slap in the wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    Xenophobic much?
                    Nope. I just don't care about people that don't give a fuc k about me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                      just a rich guy from calabasas california playing thug life online.

another riff raff/malibus most wanted type of guy.
                      You can keep pretending that I'm white just like you pretend to be 1/4 black when at one time you said you were half black.

Self hatred will kill you. You're on your way.

Comment

Working...
                      X