No announcement yet.

Hate Crime Denunciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Stay strong. I have been through two hurricanes but the most I went without current was about two weeks for one and about two days for the other. Why don't you head back to America?
    It's too expensive, especially without a job lined up. Crazy what happened here, though. Surreal. No real help came, but I suppose that's how it is when it's a location of mostly minorities. Couldn't believe Trump eventually visited a church here, threw rolls of paper like if it were basketball, and then eventually claimed he gave himself a '10' for the 'recovery'. Meanwhile, contracts for the light reconstruction were given to people connected with his donors. Specifically, a 2-year-old company that had only two full time employees at the time the hurricane hit. Google Whitefish. The ports were mysteriously inoperable because supermarkets supposedly didn't want to move their containers. My take? I strongly suspect the rich took most of what came through, unless the aid were a lie as well. I do know the island of Vieques went without food or water for nearly two weeks. Then, Fema gave them a day's worth of meals for only 2000 people, in an island of 10000. Expired food. There's a ton of stories I could tell. It's been like a movie. They even covered up the actual death tolls. 911 bodies were cremated without autopsies, listed as 'natural deaths'. Cnn called half of the funeral homes on the island and already had reports of 499 hurricane-related deaths. I wouldn't be surprised if the real death toll were close to 2000 or more, because it's been a huge coverup. Meanwhile, in that visit, Trump claimed he was delighted we only had 16 deaths, and that we weren't a 'real disaster like Katrina'. Uff, it's post-apocalyptic stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
      It's too expensive, especially without a job lined up. Crazy what happened here, though. Surreal. No real help came, but I suppose that's how it is when it's a location of mostly minorities. Couldn't believe Trump eventually visited a church here, threw rolls of paper like if it were basketball, and then eventually claimed he gave himself a '10' for the 'recovery'. Meanwhile, contracts for the light reconstruction were given to people connected with his donors. Specifically, a 2-year-old company that had only two full time employees at the time the hurricane hit. Google Whitefish. The ports were mysteriously inoperable because supermarkets supposedly didn't want to move their containers. My take? I strongly suspect the rich took most of what came through, unless the aid were a lie as well. I do know the island of Vieques went without food or water for nearly two weeks. Then, Fema gave them a day's worth of meals for only 2000 people, in an island of 10000. Expired food. There's a ton of stories I could tell. It's been like a movie. They even covered up the actual death tolls. 911 bodies were cremated without autopsies, listed as 'natural deaths'. Cnn called half of the funeral homes on the island and already had reports of 499 hurricane-related deaths. I wouldn't be surprised if the real death toll were close to 2000 or more, because it's been a huge coverup. Meanwhile, in that visit, Trump claimed he was delighted we only had 16 deaths, and that we weren't a 'real disaster like Katrina'. Uff, it's post-apocalyptic stuff.
      I see. Document as much as you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xoo View Post
        The amount single mothers was artificially high but probably lower than today because sometimes families were separated. Nowadays no one is forcing people to be single mothers. BTW, one of the complaints is about slavery was that families were separated.
        So, then there weren't less Black, single mothers in slavery times. Are you sure that there aren't outside elements influencing the current rates? I'd Google that as well.

Comment

I see. Document as much as you can.
          If you ever go through a similar one, avoid giving your camera to the government. We tried showing them pics on it, and the camera came back with its screen smashed. Hehehe, the pics were still retrievable, though. We were trapped in by trees, and it took us days to clear the path with machetes. Still had a tree on my roof two days ago lol

Comment

If you ever go through a similar one, avoid giving your camera to the government. We tried showing them pics on it, and the camera came back with its screen smashed. Hehehe, the pics were still retrievable, though. We were trapped in by trees, and it took us days to clear the path. Still had a tree on my roof two days ago lol
            I don't my authorities so if I can't give them a copy I wouldn't give them anything.

Comment

I don't my authorities so if I can't give them a copy I wouldn't give them anything.
              I thought 'The Walking Dead' was entertaining, lol, then I realized life is almost the same thing. Another lesson, I suppose XD

Comment

I thought 'The Walking Dead' was entertaining, lol, then I realized life is almost the same thing. Another lesson, I suppose XD
                I never got into that show but I see what you are saying.

Comment

So, then there weren't less Black, single mothers in slavery times.
                  I'm not even sure of that but if there wasn't it was because slavery separated families not because women were irresponsible. Or maybe slavery did cause single motherhood because if you're a black woman slave who cares if you get knocked up as the slave owner is going to be responsible for feeding that child.

Are you sure that there aren't outside elements influencing the current rates? I'd Google that as well.
                  The rate of single motherhood has climbed for every group since the 1920s.

Comment

It was like that when the tsunami hit Japan. I know the feeling, more people will know that feeling soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xoo View Post
                      I'm not even sure of that but if there wasn't it was because slavery separated families not because women were irresponsible. Or maybe slavery did cause single motherhood because if you're a black woman slave who cares if you get knocked up as the slave owner is going to be responsible for feeding that child.

The rate of single motherhood has climbed for every group since the 1920s.
                      Well, I see your opinions, but do you have any insight as to what possibly causes current rates for Black women in particular?

Comment

Working...
                      X