Trump: Transgender people should use bathroom of their choice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      This is not my only or central concern, but it is one a weigh with some significance. Seems like a basic right that you get to make decisions concerning your own body and your own life.
      So just anyone can pretty much put a dress or some tights on and walk
      In the womans lockeroom and change , or a womans bathroom and pull out the meat and wizz.

Is there a sign in sheet or something ?

Comment

Or much simpler, we can stop asking or caring what people are packing between their legs. It's something that I feel is odd that people are concerned with at all.

I'm sure most transgender people do get mental help, but just saying that they should acknowledge their assigned gender doesn't work. We have seen the pattern in gay conversion camps - they don't get 'better' (if you would call it that anyway), they instead just continue to feel guilty about their sexual urges and self identification and go on to be depressed and/or attempt suicide. A little acceptance and understanding from other people is better medicine than any therapy could ever hope to be.
        I don't know about you, but seeing trans people is pretty repulsive to me, and to the majority of others as well. Im not preaching hate I am just saying it how it is.

There has literally been no real effort to address mental issues that stem from transexuality or ****sexuality. We accept ****sexuality because it has been around forever and two grown consenting adults are free to make their own decisions.

However, you can go head and accept this

You know just cause the person in the video feels like he is a 6 year old girl then we should all accept it and treat him like a 6 year old girl, ignoring he has a d1ck, an ex wife and kids, and looks like shrek.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
          I don't know about you, but seeing trans people is pretty repulsive to me, and to the majority of others as well. Im not preaching hate I am just saying it how it is.

There has literally been no real effort to address mental issues that stem from transexuality or ****sexuality. We accept ****sexuality because it has been around forever and two grown consenting adults are free to make their own decisions.

You know just cause the person in the video feels like he is a 6 year old girl then we should all accept it and treat him like a 6 year old girl, ignoring he has a d1ck, an ex wife and kids, and looks like shrek.
          Despite the fact that this example is a strawman in that I would not ask people to look at people like the one in this video as normal, I will try to respond.

It's one thing to be supportive, but it's not like I'd expect you to enroll them into the 2nd grade at an elementary school. Now while I respect the right for anyone to be identified as the gender they genuinely associate themselves with, age is another story. Believing you are an age doesn't make it so. But I don't see gender and age as comparable in terms of objective measurability though, so all this tells me is that this person has a hard time facing reality in ways that other people who see themselves as a different gender than assigned do not. I can't say I know what the medically accepted course of treatment would be for someone in said psychological condition.

I guess the main difference of opinion here is that you and many others view ****sexuality and transexuality as mental health issues that need to be corrected, whereas I and the community of psychologists do not. Some people try to disagree by throwing the word Gender Dysphoria out there for instance, but any serious website will clarify that the medical issue is not the feeling of not being your assigned gender rather than the psychological distress associated with not being able to relate to the gender others see you as. See WebMD for instance - http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/gender-dysphoria.
          Gender dysphoria used to be called “gender identity disorder.” But the mismatch between body and internal sense of gender is not a mental illness. Instead, what need to be addressed are the stress, anxiety, and depression that go along with it.
          And likewise the major, respected bodies of psychology have long since abandoned the thought that ****sexuality was a mental health illness needing correction. I have no reason to feel differently than them.

Comment

Despite the fact that this example is a strawman in that I would not ask people to look at people like the one in this video as normal, I will try to respond.

It's one thing to be supportive, but it's not like I'd expect you to enroll them into the 2nd grade at an elementary school. Now while I respect the right for anyone to be identified as the gender they genuinely associate themselves with, age is another story.
            It's another story because it is a lot harder for you to fit this type of lunacy into your equation of abnormality at the moment. In 10 years time when there is a stronger social movement to normalize stupidity like age identification, then you'll get behind it too, like the good little sjw that you are. Unfortunately for you the time isn't yet ripe for people to completely dumb down their intellect concerning a persons age. Once the gender agenda is complete then we can move on to age.

Believing you are an age doesn't make it so. But I don't see gender and age as comparable in terms of objective measurability though,
            So believing I am 6 years old when I am really 50 doesn't make it so, but believing I am a woman when I have the XY chromosome and a d1ck hanging between my legs does make it so. Is that the logic you are applying here.

so all this tells me is that this person has a hard time facing reality in ways that other people who see themselves as a different gender than assigned do not. I can't say I know what the medically accepted course of treatment would be for someone in said psychological condition.
            Well seeing as both are being delusions about who they are, I'd say its a mental illness that needs to be more carefully studied and appropriately dealt with, and not encouraged.

I guess the main difference of opinion here is that you and many others view ****sexuality and transexuality as mental health issues that need to be corrected, whereas I and the community of psychologists do not. Some people try to disagree by throwing the word Gender Dysphoria out there for instance, but any serious website will clarify that the medical issue is not the feeling of not being your assigned gender rather than the psychological distress associated with not being able to relate to the gender others see you as. See WebMD for instance - http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/gender-dysphoria.
            You can feel and believe whatever you want, if you want to believe the sky is red and the grass is blue no one can stop you. Just know that a lot of people wont be going along with your politically correct delusions.

And likewise the major, respected bodies of psychology have long since abandoned the thought that ****sexuality was a mental health illness needing correction. I have no reason to feel differently than them.
            That is your right.

Comment

You've seen, met and been in bathrooms with a lot of trans people, but never knew it. Its something that has almost no effect on peoples lives. Thinking something is repulsive, shouldn't mean we should hate or effect how we treat others. You'd be surprised how repulsed so many people get over obese people showing affection in public.

Also not sure why you group ****sexuality and transexuality together, they are separate issues. But trans is a mental issue, a very controversial one at that with very little consensus with how to approach it. But the person is sick, they arent trying to rape you or whoever in bathrooms, like some are making it out to me

Comment

Trump again hit the nail on the head. It should be up to the person who owns the bathrooms as to who gets to go into which one. In this case, Trump gets to decide the rules for his bathrooms.

It's wrong when the Federal gov't mandates to everyone the rules for all privately owned bathrooms. Let individuals business owners decide, not lifer politicians.

Comment

So believing I am 6 years old when I am really 50 doesn't make it so, but believing I am a woman when I have the XY chromosome and a d1ck hanging between my legs does make it so. Is that the logic you are applying here.
                  Never try and make sense of liberal SJW logic. You'll drive yourself nuts.

Comment

I voted Trump but I'm against a person who decides to be a man today and a woman tomorrow go into the same bathroom as my kids/wife

I don't give a fcuk what anybody says

what's the big deal in making a third bathroom

MEN

WOMEN

SHIM's

or in OUTBACK

BLOKES

SHEILAS

BLEILAS

why can't they respect us too and our opinions on this

Comment

Put the shoe on the other foot:

Target allows dudes to use women's rooms. They own their bathrooms and they feel they get to make that decision. If the Federal Gov't now says that a dude cannot use a woman's restroom, should Target be forced to change their chosen restroom policy on their private sector businesses?

Comment

Working...
                      X