Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im a mexican american first gen...and this is MY country too...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
    Well, if I had to try to rationalize the Cuban vote, it's no secret that many of the Cuban exiles used to be (or are descendants from) the elite over in Cuba. I would not be surprised if a good portion of them have White features (as is the tendency of the elite all over the world) and thus have not had to deal with the same level of struggle as other Hispanic minorities.

In other words, they have been able to blend in as "White" throughout their lifetimes, despite being as mixed as any other Latino, with people possibly assuming that their last names are Italian or something. Hence, they may not care what happens to other Latinos. It's sad and treasonous to fellow minorities, but humans, as we all know, can be very self-centered.

Still, whatever the case was, closet White racists are what decided this election (spurred on by Russian Internet trolls). That hatred is what we now have no choice but to stand up to.

Oh, and I said "Don't go" not because of your post, but because I suspected many people will eventually tell you to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      you have to go back

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
        Yes, I saw that you responded in the same way even to the Puerto Rican who supported Trump.

And that shows the fallacy in certain Latinos thinking that racists won't come after them, too.

It's sad.

As to your posting it to me, have fun building a wall over an ocean, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
          bwahahahahahahahahhahaha

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
            It's not that I'm ignorant of American history, it's that I'm extremely well versed in world history. Whites made up a tiny percentage of world slave owners and were among the earliest to free them. Why do we scapegoat them for participating at all rather than praise them for their relative reluctance?

Because they're genetically distinct in mostly desirable way and we need a way to simultaneously vent our insecurity/envy whilst explaining to our 4th graders why some people had spaceships while others lived in huts. Perpetuating an oppression myth is far easier than saying "our ancestors just didn't do as well and we're playing catch-up".

You know this. Everyone knows this. Most people are sickeningly fake.
            Look, I am not trying to disculpate other cultures or peoples for atrocities they have committed. Moreover, you are perfectly free to believe in the superiority of the "White" race if you wish. I am simply pointing out that your assertions do not square with american history. As to your profound knowledge of world history, I can't comment on that. As far as I am concerned, most cultures have blood on their hands at some point in their history.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              If being mexican is so great.... why do ya leave there in the 1st place???

(not trying to be rude just asking a question)
              Cause every rican wishes he was a mexican aztec warrior

Comment

OP unless you are a rapist or criminal or have family who came in illegally and are drug smugglers why you scared? lol only way you are scared is if you are one of them be honest with is what are you hiding?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                  uuhhhhh no..... I like my culture/heritage as you should yours.

Comment

Originally posted by RicspekOnMaName View Post
                    Trump and his biggot friends had themselves a good'o victory last night but that don't mean sh$t to me or my people bruh...Im an educated PROUD Mexican American...and more like me are popping up EVERYWHERE in our country... the greatest country on the face of this earth...

Contrary to Trump's belief Mexicans who come to this country are NOT mostly rapist, murderers, and thieves etc etc. Yes there are some...just like some are Irish some are Asian,Black, and so on and so forth....but by and large my people are a working people...they are survivors... we find a way...

Now that Trump is commander in chief...nothing changes...we will continue to find a way...we will continue to make this country run from the fields and the service industry...

but wait... the best is yet to come...because more and more of today's children will become tomorrow's leaders...and more and more of those children are brown like me...

this is not about a take over...people who say that Mexicans/Minorities will take over the country are just as stupid ignorant and pathetic as the people who think Trump will extinguish Mexicans/Minorities from this country...this is about having a seat at the table with everyone else...and while last night this movement might have taken a blow...the battle continues and the war is far from over...

trump has nothing against legal immigrants and mexican americans.

the ______ media oligarchy has done a masterful job framing the issue the way they want it:

DIVIDE AND CONQUER

PIT

BLACKS VS WHITES
                    LATINOS VS WHITES
                    BLACKS VS ASIANS

THIS
                    IS
                    WHAT
                    ***THEY)))
                    DO.

Trump has nothing against mexican americans.
                    Trump has nothing against LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

What trump is against is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

OF ALL KINDS.

You have allowed yourself to be played by the ____ media oligarchy. they have muddied the waters and have tied racism with protecting your borders instead of what it really is:

PATRIOTISM.

I love mexicans.
                    I love hispanics.

I dont like Muzzys.

There is a difference.

I have nothing against LEGAL MEXICAN/HISPANIC/ASIAN/EUROPEAN (NON MUZZY OF COURSE, THERE IS A REASON WHY FOR THAT BUT THAT IS ANOTHER THREAD) IMMIGRATION.

Neither should you or anybody else.

LEARN
                    TO
                    THINK
                    FOR
                    YOURSELF.

It is not racism to want to shore up your borders,

its PATRIOTISM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                      yes. Everyday I wake up wishing I was Mexican.

Comment

Working...
                      X