Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im a mexican american first gen...and this is MY country too...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    .....And?

No one expected him to, but he significantly outperformed predictions with Latinos.
    Just speaking to your point....I thought you were saying he did....

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      Cannot read that
      Eeeeexactly.........

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        I read your comment.....

dont give me that crap you wrote that yourself.

If ya wanna "change" this country etc

(that goes with your line about todays children being tomorrow's leaders and then being brown like you)

Why even come here in the 1st place and why even leave mexico?

so you gonna leave one country... have kids (brown like you) in another country and hope today's kids will be tomorrow's leaders so that way those tomorrow's leaders can change policies etc.
        I didn't come here dumb sh#t....I was born here...I didn't leave anywhere Im in MY home country....Where are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by RicspekOnMaName View Post
          I didn't come here dumb sh#t....I was born here...I didn't leave anywhere Im in MY home country....Where are you from?
          im talking about in general. I was born in NJ, raised in PR.

Comment

Between Facebook and this...

Comment

Well, if I had to try to rationalize the Cuban vote, it's no secret that many of the Cuban exiles used to be (or are descendants from) the elite over in Cuba. I would not be surprised if a good portion of them have White features (as is the tendency of the elite all over the world) and thus have not had to deal with the same level of struggle as other Hispanic minorities.

In other words, they have been able to blend in as "White" throughout their lifetimes, despite being as mixed as any other Latino, with people possibly assuming that their last names are Italian or something. Hence, they may not care what happens to other Latinos. It's sad and treasonous to fellow minorities, but humans, as we all know, can be very self-centered.

Still, whatever the case was, closet White racists are what decided this election (spurred on by Russian Internet trolls). That hatred is what we now have no choice but to stand up to.

Oh, and I said "Don't go" not because of your post, but because I suspected many people will eventually tell you to leave.
              Last edited by SunSpace; 11-09-2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

im talking about in general. I was born in NJ, raised in PR.
                Soooo why your people leave Africa???

Although most Puerto Ricans are mixed-race, few actually identify as multiracial. Most being "mulattos" and "tri-racials", having significant Spanish, African, and Taino ancestry

Comment

Originally posted by RicspekOnMaName View Post
                  Soooo why your people leave Africa???

Although most Puerto Ricans are mixed-race, few actually identify as multiracial. Most being "mulattos" and "tri-racials", having significant Spanish, African, and Taino ancestry
                  PR is part of the US. My ancestry is Puerto Rico not africa.

Comment

PR is part of the US. My ancestry is Puerto Rico not africa.

Comment

Puerto Ricans are more than tri-racial, but the races that we culturally recognize are indeed Black, Spanish, and Taino Indian. In reality, we are practically mixed with half the world, from all sorts of European to Arabs, Indians (from the actual country India) and even Chinese.

Nevertheless, some Puerto Ricans with pale skin ignorantly list themselves as White on the census, despite the fact that a lot them very obviously have Black noses/lips and Native American eyes, etc.

Basically, as with the Cuban vote, if they can get away with blending in as "White" somehow, certain people undoubtedly refuse to view these issues as directly affecting them. In other words, they have no problems with believing that they, too, are racially superior to others and choose to "forget" their history.

The same has happened to White people in the states. It's a common cycle. They forget, or refuse to remember, where their families immigrated from, instead choosing to reap the benefits of "White" skin. It's total ignorance, with the latest additions being Italians, and I suppose even Cubans, now seen as "White."

What a disgrace.

Comment

Working...
                      X