Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westworld HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus, Anthony Hopkins is so god damn creepy. That's why I love him.

Looks like the perfect show. Can't wait to see it.

Comment

The premier was really good, I'm impressed. The first episode really drew you to empathize with the hosts. You do get the sense that they really are starting to evolve and become self aware. That was really interesting to know that Dolores is the oldest host in the park. She's been killed, rebuilt and reset so many times, she's practically brand new. But the memories seem to be getting tapped into due to the recent update. Or is that just a red herring, and as stated above that AI is simply evolving naturally?

I also liked the music in the premier. It was cool to hear Black Hole Sun on the player piano, and Satisfaction during the Hector's robbery. All really good stuff and I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

Ed Harris' Gunslinger is very intriguing. Apparently, the 70's movie version of this show had the Gunslinger as a host, but in this version he's a long time guest and has been coming for 30 years. He's digging deeper into the game and I wonder what his ultimate goal is?

If the rest of the season is as good as this, HBO has another hit on their hands.

Comment

recorded the premier last nite...looking forward to watching it after the game tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Looking forward to this one. Big names in the cast and behind the scene.

Judging by the quality of the production we can blame this show and GOT for eating up HBO's boxing budget for the year
          just saw the pilot, looks promising

Comment

I enjoyed the original Westworld movie back in the day.

Yul Brynner was the perfect pyschopathic cowboy robot.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              recorded the premier last nite...looking forward to watching it after the game tonight
              football on the west coast is so much better than on the east coast.

wake up at 9 and it's already pregame countdown, then on monday nights the games start at 6pm and over by 10 the latest.

Comment

Gotta say, I noticed during the scene where the android went off-script and shot everybody in the bar... The song they were playing on the piano was Black Hole Sun.
                They played it for about 20 whole seconds uninterrupted, so ten seconds in I knew it sounded familiar. Made my jaw drop that I could even pinpoint something that minut in a show considering how oblivious I usually am

Great little detail on their part

Comment

Early to tell on the series but I liked the start. I have confidence because it is HBO that it is going to be good!

Comment

It should fill the void while there is no Game of Thrones to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                      Gotta say, I noticed during the scene where the android went off-script and shot everybody in the bar... The song they were playing on the piano was Black Hole Sun.
                      They played it for about 20 whole seconds uninterrupted, so ten seconds in I knew it sounded familiar. Made my jaw drop that I could even pinpoint something that minut in a show considering how oblivious I usually am

Great little detail on their part
                      They were playing Paint it Black, Rolling Stones.

Comment

Working...
                      X