Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unarmed Black Man Shot by Tulsa Police (Video Inside)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Police need to be better trained and need to have nonlethal tools (to subdue) suspects at their disposal. Police men and women are naturally on edgy in the current toxic and violent climate. It looked like the man was going for something in his vehicle and they reacted based on a perceived threat. Could they have tased the suspect in this situation?

sounds like an argument for gun control. WTF are they so worried about him reaching for, anyway? guns aren't a problem, yet police shot this guy?

BTW, it looks like the driver's window was closed from what i am seeing.

this female cop is going to do some time. times are a changing. 10 years ago this wouldn't even be a story. at the very least she's done being a cop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Furn View Post
      Whether his race had anything to do with it is complete conjecture on your part.

but you agree if he had listened he'd be alive today ?
      no, i feel that's a complete assumption on yours.

if a cvnt thinks murder is a response made in parity to not obeying orders, i'm thinking a taser / baton for compliance.

Comment

• ... this poor ***r was tazed THEN shot, ffs.

but he didn't listen so that's what he gets. foh.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          sounds like an argument for gun control. WTF are they so worried about him reaching for, anyway? guns aren't a problem, yet police shot this guy?

BTW, it looks like the driver's window was closed from what i am seeing.

this female cop is going to do some time. times are a changing. 10 years ago this wouldn't even be a story. at the very least she's done being a cop.
          You think she think she's gonna do time NE?

Doubt it.

They're gonna launch a "criminal investigation" (on one of they're own) just so they can appease us.

Then they're gonna find that she"assessed an imminent danger and acted accordingly" and she's gonna walk.

We all know the routine.

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
            You think she think she's gonna do time NE?

Doubt it.

They're gonna launch a "criminal investigation" (on one of they're own) just so they can appease us.

Then they're gonna find that she"assessed an imminent danger and acted accordingly" and she's gonna walk.

We all know the routine.

times are a changing. these cops are getting filmed in high quality. i truly believe that HD cameras will be mandatory on all cops in 10 years. that police unions fight them is telling. this one might walk, but in time they're going to start seeing consequences, and the culture will change. i don't think they'll change out of the goodness of their hearts, but because of the cellphone camera.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
              times are a changing. these cops are getting filmed in high quality. i truly believe that HD cameras will be mandatory on all cops in 10 years. that police unions fight them is telling. this one might walk, but in time they're going to start seeing consequences, and the culture will change. i don't think they'll change out of the goodness of their hearts, but because of the cellphone camera.
              See, that's what's so frustrating.

This incident was caught on camera, and they still gonna try to pull this ****.

It ain't gonna stop because cops know there ain't no consequence for their actions.

This b*tch needs to be made an example of to all cops that this type of **** is unacceptable.

Once the cops realize there are some real consequences, they'll think twice before just shooting a dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Police need to be better trained and need to have nonlethal tools (to subdue) suspects at their disposal. Police men and women are naturally on edgy in the current toxic and violent climate. It looked like the man was going for something in his vehicle and they reacted based on a perceived threat. Could they have tased the suspect in this situation?
                im starting to think it has nothing to do with training. call me crazy but i think cops have an agenda out to kill black americans and then use an excuse that he/she was resisting arrest.

just like how a lot of retired cops have come out and said they were told to target minority such as blacks/mexicans for traffic stop.

Comment

Whether his race had anything to do with it is complete conjecture on your part.

but you agree if he had listened he'd be alive today ?
                  Forget obeying orders

showing the man you ain't no compliant beta is more important than your life.

Comment

I'd say 99.9% of people do exactly as they are told when they have a police officer pointing a gun at them.

He didn't just not immediately comply he walk 20 yards to his car, you can hear the helicopter guy saying " he's still walking, he's still walking."

Let me ask you this.

Do you think the cop thought he was reaching for a weapon and that her life was in danger or do you think she thought I'm going to just going to shoot this guy cos i don't like black people and this is my chance to kill one ?
                    You would be wrong with your 99.9% figure.

Police routinely have standoffs where they are patient with the suspects. Often times the subjects are high, depressed, not mentally there, so their behavior is off and it takes time for them to comply.

Please if you dont believe me do your research on that.

Now, on to your other question.

I think that just like the guy in the helicopter, she thought to herself 'this is a bad guy' (what made him look like a bad guy i still dont know but hey...) and then thought to herself, im not taking any chances, first false move i shoot the mother****er. And once the mother****er was on the ground bleeding out, he wasnt worth her time to try to save.

Another cop used a taser. Why didnt she? Doesnt she have hand to hand training to take guys down? Didnt she have her baton? Why didnt they all gang tackle him?

Lets face the facts, there were all kinds of non-lethal ways to deal with this guy. Non-letahl ways that they supposedly train for before putting on that uniform. This is what has to stop... STOP GIVING THESE COPS A PASS WHEN THEY KILL PEOPLE!

Comment

• Has anyone verified why exactly he was walking back to his car? From what I've read his car was stranded in the middle of the road, someone called the police on him because they found him suspicious or some sht, and it escalated from there.

Seems like he was being deliberately noncompliant, I could be wrong doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X