Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippines' Duterte calls Obama 'son of a whore'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tua brought up Korea. Korea was destroyed by the war and they did have a dictatorship to bring them out of the abyss. They were also fortunate not to have corrupt officials. One thing Korea knew was that they were completely surrounded by way more powerful enemies in China, Japan, NKorea, Russia.
    Korea benefitted because they suffered than paid off their debts, and understood militarily that if the U.S. wanted a presence there that was the best thing because after all the other choices were historically snakes to them.

They were historically poor country that used what they could to get a leg up.
    That happened to be the U.S and as crazy as NKorea is, they pretty much know not to fvk with ROK and US Soldiers except for mock charges and the bs model rocket missiles they shoot over the east sea. NKorea rode with Russia then China. Look where that got them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      I should be more direct where I am going with this. Authoritarian regimes and crackdowns only really work for a little while. Say Duterte has an opponent he doesn't like, maybe one who isn't corrupt but he's a threat. It would be really convenient for him to frame him up with shabu and he's got the people's support so he is believed and he eliminates the guy from politics.

Just like kaydo may have a neighbor who doesn't like him, so he rats him out to the police.

I definitely get what he's trying to do and is succeeding at but it sounds like he's moving toward authoritarianism. If the pinoys need to be led by him for a while that's fine but in the long run people are going to get sick of it and innocent lives will be lost.

It's cool to stand up to the U.S and maybe disagree with them and not be diplomatic, but who does that but ****ed up third world dictators with no real power in the world. Our powerful enemies pretty much know better than to stir it up too much.

Duterte has to play his hand carefully. He can do very good things in his own country he's just got to work on bs'ing the world.
      Even if assassinating drug dealers did work.

It could have worked without putting it out here so publicly.

You want to have plausible deniability in things like this.

Drug Dealers start dying. Ppl know but don't really know.

Then the human rights abuse stuff is so not in your face.

It's like us foreign policy. We kill thousands of civilians bUT you still sell the line that u try to avoid civilian casualties as much as possible.

We ally with dictators who share some of our interests but we still sell the line that we want and promote democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        Even if assassinating drug dealers did work.

It could have worked without putting it out here so publicly.

You want to have plausible deniability in things like this.

Drug Dealers start dying. Ppl know but don't really know.

Then the human rights abuse stuff is so not in your face.

It's like us foreign policy. We kill thousands of civilians bUT you still sell the line that u try to avoid civilian casualties as much as possible.

We ally with dictators who share some of our interests but we still sell the line that we want and promote democracy.
        Yep, that politics. We're all hypocrites. Pointing out another man is one is no great feat. You play the game.

Comment

I should be more direct where I am going with this. Authoritarian regimes and crackdowns only really work for a little while. Say Duterte has an opponent he doesn't like, maybe one who isn't corrupt but he's a threat. It would be really convenient for him to frame him up with shabu and he's got the people's support so he is believed and he eliminates the guy from politics.

Just like kaydo may have a neighbor who doesn't like him, so he rats him out to the police.

I definitely get what he's trying to do and is succeeding at but it sounds like he's moving toward authoritarianism. If the pinoys need to be led by him for a while that's fine but in the long run people are going to get sick of it and innocent lives will be lost.

It's cool to stand up to the U.S and maybe disagree with them and not be diplomatic, but who does that but ****ed up third world dictators with no real power in the world. Our powerful enemies pretty much know better than to stir it up too much.

Duterte has to play his hand carefully. He can do very good things in his own country he's just got to work on bs'ing the world.
          l know what authoritarian regime is, l lived under one for more than a decade. l don't think this one now is, he's more like a realist and a pragmatist. That he has a genuine love for his country is out of the question.

Again, l would rather not have opinion on his strong demeanor on diplomatic, bilateral and other international issues, the dude maybe just playing a game that might be too dangerous for our own good but then again who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by kadyo's View Post
            l know what authoritarian regime is, l lived under one for more than a decade. l don't think this one now is, he's more like a realist and a pragmatist. That he has a genuine love for his country is out of the question.

Again, l would rather not have opinion on his strong demeanor on diplomatic, bilateral and other international issues, the dude maybe just playing a game that might be too dangerous for our own good but then again who knows.
            Fair enough, kaydo.
            He's still new we will see.
            He needs to get the right people whispering in his ear lest he becomes a pariah.
            I am rooting for you guys. I am not a fan of people praising his posturing and machismo. Just because those things backfire.
            Last edited by jreckoning; 09-08-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              Monopolize oil interests and secure allied oil producing nations.

Iran is tricky because we need them to help fight isis in Iraq and Syria but all of our allies in the region hate iran.

Dutertes policies, whatever, debatable. Everyone has an opinion.

But the way he speaks is not debatable.

How he says things and it's perceived is wrong.

He's the president. Talk presidential? No class.

Reminds me of trump in america. Talks out of his ass but says what some want to hear. Then when he puts his foot in his mouth, he blames the media.

Colonial mentality. Colonized mentality. Whatever u prefer to call it.

Too many damn filipinos have it on forums and editorial writers in philippines news.

It's been 70 yrs. time to let it go.

Not everything America does is to insult us or use us.
              That sounds like colonized mentality lol.

Hey rock, did you hear about the latest naval incident where 7 iranian ships surrounded a US warship?

Comment

• It's strange having a civilized conversation on boxing scene.

Comment

• Cambodia also shot off it's mouth one too many times to the U.S and the us cut aid. Now China basically bought them and people are like WTF. I guess they think that's better than Vietnam because they still aren't over the ass kicking Vietnam gave them.

People's lives haven't changed much despite all kinds of money pouring in. It's all going to China and the already rich.

edit: cambodia is a whore to any country giving them money.lol.
                  Last edited by jreckoning; 09-08-2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kadyo's View Post
                    That sounds like colonized mentality lol.

Hey rock, did you hear about the latest naval incident where 7 iranian ships surrounded a US warship?
                    I read it hear it all the time from pinoy articles or Pinoy Americans here.

I know the us does, did bad things and they are arrogant (comes with power)

But they're not there screwing over or putting down philippines all the time. Some ppl act like that's us priority or something.

The Iranians been doing that since the iran-Iraq war.

Harmless stuff. I think it was just speedboats with at most machine guns.

Not really any threat to the us navy.

They like to claim the entire gulf is theirs that's why.

When push comes to shove, they have little naval assets to challenge the gcc warships, let alone the us navy.

Comment

Cambodia also shot off it's mouth one too many times to the U.S and the us cut aid. Now China basically bought them and people are like WTF. I guess they think that's better than Vietnam because they still aren't over the ass kicking Vietnam gave them.

People's lives haven't changed much despite all kinds of money pouring in. It's all going to China and the already rich.

edit: cambodia is a whore to any country giving them money.lol.
                      Only thing I know about Cambodia is their pizza hut sucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X