Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JDM/Rice, American Muscle, or German/Euro????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    Im not into Rice sht and fixing up cheap cars. That ended in the 90s

I like Japanese engineering and European. American muscle i have no interest in besides the Viper ACR..

Nobody makes cars like the Japanese.

German cars depreciate like crazy. Buying a once expensive one ofF warranty can easily become a nightmare, where Japanese cars hold more of their value even with high mileage due to their reliability. The Germans just like in ww2 tend to over engineer their stuff. Sometimes their may just be one weak link, but u have to remove a pile of the engine to just get to it. There’s a car for everyone. There’s a reason they make Techinals out of Toyota’s.

Comment

• I own majority Honda and Acura over the time currently have an Acura MDX and a Honda Fit. Used to fix up an Acura Integra just recently sold since the Covid started but owned it over 15 years had carbon fiber hood and trunk with motor swap and all other kids of suspension and misc. since had kids stopped paying attention to it.

upload images

Comment

• upload images

Car had been sitting over 5 years had to let someone else have it who would bring it back to life, but when was all washed up all the suspension shined nice on the bottom!

Comment

• Couple more I found a bit more cleaned up

upload images

upload images

Comment

• American muscle.
            Modern

Preferably Chevy. And specifically corvetTe z06. Procharger with corsa exhaust, American racing headers. 617 hp currently.

Building 427 with a procharger d1sc. Aiming for 800 to the wheels. Don’t ask why. I’m scare to drive the car now. But in this game it’s who has the biggest dic it seems.

Comment

• Prolly Euro overall for me.

But American Sports cars always have a place in my heart. The whole Corvette line, the Dodge Viper, the Ford GT. Big time classics.

Comment

• American cars, Big and powerful lots of personality, but unrefined, no class, no precision

Euro, precise and refined but no personality, no flavour

Japanese, kind of a mix of both, some personality, some precision, a decent mid ground

I like cars from all 3, I think the GTR is dollar for dollar the best car on the market, but I'd love a dode challenger just for the lols

Theres no current euro car I love but one will come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
                  I'm near Reno. What car we talking? I built one sub glass box for my ram 2500 and put a JL shallow mount. I'm running a rockford amp at 2ohms and it pounds. Everyone that hears it asks where the rest of my system is lol. I can suggest stuff and guide you or anyone else through the process of building a box out of glass.

I do work for old customers when they're ready for paint. But I'm not cheap. 4 coats of clear then cut up to 1000 then a flow coat of clear. Then nib it and compound and polish it. No orange peel that way and depth for days!

Sorry I'm not taking new customers but as I said I'd be happy to share info if that would help anyone.

2011 E92 M3. Was hoping to squeeze 1-2 10 in subs without hopefully losing my rear seats.

The S65 engine doesn't leave much room to work with to squeeze in twin turbo so I know that will cost a pretty penny.

Thanks for the reply though, love your work and attention to detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

2011 E92 M3. Was hoping to squeeze 1-2 10 in subs without hopefully losing my rear seats.

The S65 engine doesn't leave much room to work with to squeeze in twin turbo so I know that will cost a pretty penny.

Thanks for the reply though, love your work and attention to detail.
                    You cool with losing your spare tire? I owned a 330 and made a custom box for that spot. I had three tens in it. Now that I know more I'd throw two tens in the sides of the trunk. Again, this will require glass work that you CAN do yourself.

As for the turbo or super charger. I'm pretty sure they make a kit for your car. Things have gotten pretty easy these days. These kits come with a tune and a drop in fuel pump to up the PSI. You remove the old pump from under the rear seat and pull the fuel pump and put the new one back in. I haven't turboed a bmw but I know there's kits out there. It will get you maybe 7psi boost safely.

These are the kind of boxes I'm talking about.
                    https://imgur.com/jIj9Nbd

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
                      You cool with losing your spare tire? I owned a 330 and made a custom box for that spot. I had three tens in it. Now that I know more I'd throw two tens in the sides of the trunk. Again, this will require glass work that you CAN do yourself.

As for the turbo or super charger. I'm pretty sure they make a kit for your car. Things have gotten pretty easy these days. These kits come with a tune and a drop in fuel pump to up the PSI. You remove the old pump from under the rear seat and pull the fuel pump and put the new one back in. I haven't turboed a bmw but I know there's kits out there. It will get you maybe 7psi boost safely.

These are the kind of boxes I'm talking about.
                      https://imgur.com/jIj9Nbd

Yea I don't mind not having a spare. I like the look from the sides.

I'll pike around online for turbo kits but I'd he surprised if I found one for my model.

Comment

Working...
                      X