• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
    *slaps a mannequin across the face*

If any of you attempt to sabotage one of my poems again,

The mannequin gets it.

Oh, yeah, none of you guys are so talkative now, are ya?

As to your research, don't even start with Shakespeare; he's alright in poetry, but someone like Frost completely schools him, in my book.

Maybe it's a generational divide, too.

We ain't talkin' about no plays, though, this the lyrical world, so if you want the goodness, you need to start with someone like Maya Angelou.

She good.

I'm better, though.

You guys think I'm joking? Nah, I seriously think I'm better.

And what?

Did you guys, for one second, actually believe I'd care that you're mad about my poem?

Did you not stop to think that I expected all of this coming in?

And I don't know what the weird fascination with my suicide is around here, but I see that as fear.

When the only recourse you have is to wish death on someone, you already lost.

I spit that ether lyrically, and I don't need your approval, because I know how great I am. Whatchu guys think? If you guys were approving of this, then I'd actually have to start to worry.

*slaps the mannequin again*
    yet somehow you're an unemployed broke whiner.

Comment

I won't be debating anyone, but I wanted to share this. Feel free to discuss:

Hands up, he’s down,
      Obscuring your vision;
      Black’s too dark a pigment
      To avoid that truck hittin’,
      So they hit em’
      Without thinking
      Once, less twice, or three times.

Everyone knows violent types.
      Take the face as the sign
      And watch the judge signing,
      “No evidence for prosecution,
      Just time off:
      Vacations with payments due, then.”
      He goes to Ebay, sells his weapon
      For 250,000—
      Maybe buy a grand private home with.
      America’s bliss.

Don’t forget the immigrants,
      White man’s deepest regret.
      Europeans have been here first,
      Way before any native descendants.
      So keep em’ beyond the borders,
      Even the young and toddlers;
      Build a wall so high up
      That Melania smiles for us.

Hands up, he’s down,
      Obscuring your vision;
      Any color’s too dark a pigment
      To avoid our truck hittin’,
      So let’s hit em’
      Without thinking
      Once, less twice, or three times.

Please leave our lounge

Comment

Is this what it has come to? You guys are begging me to leave, now?

Yo, ///, you like that line?

It's kinda catchy, ain't it?

Kinda like Tupac's consonance, another great poet.

Let's have some fun and count the T's:

To avoid that truck hittin',
        So they hit em'

So many T's, you'd think someone put them there to make them sound like gunfire or something...
        Last edited by SunSpace; 09-01-2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          yet somehow you're an unemployed broke whiner.
          Exactly; I didn't sell my soul for the sake of a job, and I'm proud of it. In between this and your made-up suicide fascination, you guys are running out of material or something. Is that the best you got? Because I've said it multiple times that the best choice I could've made was to resign.

Do you not understand that the reason I don't even bother to respond to you when you bring that up is because you make me feel good when you remind me of that choice?

If it weren't for the fact that it's getting boring, I'd just have you continue to tell me how great I am for refusing corruption.

I mean, I'm sure you'll continue, though, and I don't blame you. I wouldn't know how to diss myself either. >.>

Too ill.

Comment

Exactly; I didn't sell my soul for the sake of a job, and I'm proud of it. In between this and your made-up suicide fascination, you guys are running out of material or something. Is that the best you got? Because I've said it multiple times that the best choice I could've made was to resign.

Do you not understand that the reason I don't even bother to respond to you when you bring that up is because you make me feel good when you remind me of that choice?

If it weren't for the fact that it's getting boring, I'd just have you continue to tell me how great I am for refusing corruption.

I mean, I'm sure you'll continue, though, and I don't blame you. I wouldn't know how to diss myself either. >.>

Too ill.
            You act like its the only job in the world. What's stopping you from getting another job? Or is it just easier to whine and complain than to actually work?

Comment

You mean to tell me that you didn't read the posts in which I explained my situation? Are you seriously admitting that you've been going by the nonsense Archer has been repeating, all this time?

First rule is to know your enemy, especially if you're going to criticize.

That's sloppy work.

No wonder you've been repeating it over and over.

Dude, I live in Puerto Rico. It's been in a deep depression for 15+ years now. There are literally no jobs. I explained it all to Enayze, and I'm sure Archer saw the post, because I was debating him throughout that entire thread, not to mention that he's run with it ever since.

The only reason Archer keeps spinning that nonsense is because he has nothing else to snipe at me with. So, he likes to pretend that I have a choice in the matter. I guess he assumes it might eventually embarrass me or something, which it doesn't.

Why would it? He's lying, and if someone believes what he's saying without verifying, then that's on them, not me.

I do feel frustrated about my situation, in the sense of feeling like wasted talent as to a legacy. But I'm past the point where even mocking that would've affected me.

I've learned to see the world for what it is, and I'm lucky in so many ways. At the end of the day, I'm not the one losing. A job doesn't make me who I am.

I'm still top-notch; lacking a paycheck doesn't change that. Frankly, I don't care for money; I've always been poor.

Teaching was supposed to be my breakthrough, my "started from the bottom, now we here" moment. It didn't happen. And that's why it's ridiculous that some of you guys want to assume that I care about the economics. I didn't lose anything, not even money.

In the past, I was just pissed that I wouldn't be recognized as the best at whatever I do.

That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Ever since I was a kid, I've always felt that I had a lot of potential. It was akin to a promise to myself that I'd live up to it.

Growing up now and seeing that this is an unfair world where even entire countries (Syria) and colonies (Puerto Rico) lose generations of people because of greed sucks, but how in the world does that equate to anyone hurting my feelings with it?

Precisely because it's an unfair world, I've understood that achieving greatness in the eyes of others is folly. Most of the people we celebrate reek of the same "evil" that we accuse others of.

But I'll halt the explanation here, for now. If you guys get me started on my philosophical beliefs, we'll be here all night.

To review, the only thing that bothered me (which wasn't economics) doesn't bother me anymore. I made that clear from the moment I originally brought my situation up.

My island and I were to serve merely as an example, while I crushed Archer's debate stance.

He's been the one constantly bringing it up, repeating it, as if it's supposed to somehow change the fact that he can't touch me when it comes to debating issues.

I haven't brought it up since. So, in all sincerity, you guys "whine" about my situation more than I ever have.

Beyond it making me feel proud, it's also quite clear that it's a last resort tactic by an opponent, because if any of you could actually debate me, you wouldn't bother to rely on gossip.

If you're going to do that kind of stuff, at least make it creative.

And, btw, that suicide thing is kind of weird.
              Last edited by SunSpace; 07-24-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

So they hit em'

So many damn T's, you'd think someone put them there to make them sound like gunfire or something...
                You seem like the type of idiot that would read Tupac poetry and think it's the greatest **** ever wrote. Listen up bozo Tupac poetry was terrible. It was on the level of an 8th-grade student. The Rose That Grew From Concrete is child's play but you probably think it's the greatest poem ever.

Go read a book and get some culture dimwit.

Comment

Comment

Man! You guys are BRUTAL!

Comment

So they hit em'

So many damn T's, you'd think someone put them there to make them sound like gunfire or something...
                      Lol... Don't ever compare your crap poem to tupac

Comment

Working...
                      X