Hands Up - Poem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    Lol the hate is super strong. Everyone hates op
    And that's a fantastic reaction to this poem; I can't believe it. The worst thing that could've happened is their having ignored it, which was a real possibility since I'm not on their good side as it is because of my debates on racism/police brutality.

Instead of that, however, almost all of them showed up, and they showed up extremely angry. This is the cruelest I've seen them thus far, and that means the poem hit a sore spot, resonating within their beliefs.

In all likelihood, they agreed with the poem itself, and eventually grasped that its intention was to expose ignorance. They put two and two together, and they're mad.

I'm loving it.
    Last edited by SunSpace; 09-01-2016, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
      And that's a fantastic reaction to this poem; I can't believe it. The worst thing that could've happened is their having ignored it, which was a real possibility since I'm not on their good side as it is because of my debates on racism/police brutality.

Instead of that, however, almost all of them showed up, and they showed up extremely angry. This is the cruelest I've seen them thus far, and that means the poem hit a sore spot, resonating within their beliefs.

In all likelihood, they agreed with the poem itself, and eventually grasped that its intention was to expose ignorance. They put two and two together, and they're mad.

I'm loving it.

You tell em SunSpace! No one can silence your communist brilliance. The poem really hit a chord with the members of the lounge, they all know the brutal truth, but they deny it and hide behind menial things such as statistics and facts. I have it SunSpace 1 the rest of the Scene 0. Take the L BScene a champ of social justice has emerged .

Comment

I'm loving it.

Why do all these idiots with opinions always think the other party is mad or "hating" on them? The reality is that poem was poorly written and its content was stupid. The word you're looking for is annoyed. People are annoyed by stupid people like you who are way too arrogant and opinionated when you really have no clue about anything. There's a lot of you on here and people are tired of debating your stupidity so they rather just tell you off.

Comment

Get it off your chest, guys;

I still love you all.
          Last edited by SunSpace; 09-01-2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
            Boobies are so wonderful
            Boobies are so nice
            Boobies go so great with scotch
            Or bourbon over ice.

Some guys live for love that’s true
            Some guys live for cooters
            I prefer to write dumb poems
            About bodacious hooters
            Brought a tear to my eye.. Green k sent

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Why do all these idiots with opinions always think the other party is mad or "hating" on them? The reality is that poem was poorly written and its content was stupid. The word you're looking for is annoyed. People are annoyed by stupid people like you who are way too arrogant and opinionated when you really have no clue about anything. There's a lot of you on here and people are tired of debating your stupidity so they rather just tell you off.
              Yo, Blanco, I'm really happy for you; I'ma let you finish, but I'm one of the best poets of all time.

No one rhymes like that,

Not even your favorite country singer.

Too ill.

Don't even get me started on how I get with meaning, man!

When you find someone better, give me the name. I've been trying to find that person for years.

Closest I can think of is Philip Larkin.

Dude was sick.

Oh and Edna St. Vincent

She tight, too.

I can't front; they bring the heat in some of those individual poems. You gotta take em' as classics.

But I got that consistency, man.

It's something special,

Every. Time.

Look, all of you guys just need to tell your grandchildren, when the time is right, that you met the best poet in history in a boxing forum.

If that's not a story, what is?

You're welcome.

Comment

A lot of suicide-committee racists think my poems are about them,

But this is not to be confused,

This one's for you:

When I held it in front of me,
                Pointed at my belly,
                There were two pains:
                One would come,
                A searing drum,
                Which in turn
                Could alleviate
                The other I felt long before,
                Even then at that very moment,
                Continuing on forever,
                Unless I did something.

I heard her voice
                And chose to suffer.

Comment

A lot of suicide-committee racists think my poems are about them,

But this is not to be confused,

This one's for you:

When I held it in front of me,
                  Pointed at my belly,
                  There were two pains:
                  One would come,
                  A searing drum,
                  Which in turn
                  Could alleviate
                  The other I felt long before,
                  Even then at that very moment,
                  Continuing on forever,
                  Unless I did something.

I heard her voice
                  And chose to suffer.

I have a suspicious feeling SunSpace is Alexkid.

Comment

As to your research, don't even start with Shakespeare; he's alright in poetry, but someone like Frost completely schools him, in my book.

Maybe it's a generational divide, too.

We ain't talkin' about no plays, though, this the lyrical world, so if you want the goodness, you need to start with someone like Maya Angelou.

She good.

I'm better, though.

You guys think I'm joking? Nah, I seriously think I'm better.

And what?

Did you guys, for one second, actually believe I'd care that you're mad about my poem?

Did you not stop to think that I expected all of this coming in?

And I don't know what the weird fascination with my suicide is around here, but I see that as fear.

When the only recourse you have is to wish death on someone, you already lost.

I spit that ether lyrically, and I don't need your approval, because I know how great I am. Whatchu guys think? If you guys were approving of this, then I'd actually have to start to worry.
                    Last edited by SunSpace; 09-01-2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

To avoid that truck hittin’,
                      So they hit em’

Comment

Working...
                      X