Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does England suck so bad in soccer, I thought it's their no1 sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
    Yes, and lemme guess what sports is America good at??

Ans: None, which the world cares about ..
    Why the hate? Snooker and Darts are on TV in the UK...I was just mentioning more Brit sports.

Dang...relax. Brexit is making you crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
      Yes, and lemme guess what sports is America good at??

Ans: None, which the world cares about ..
      BTW I played cricket on a team in Uxbridge years ago. Liked it a lot. Limited
      overs so it went at a good pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
        Basketball >cricket
        american football > cricket
        boxing > cricket
        baseball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cricket

bass fishing >>>>>>>>> cricket

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          bass fishing >>>>>>>>> cricket
          NOW you're talking! It's a mystery to me why bass fishing isn't an Olympic sport!

Comment

England lost to Iceland in the Euros. Iceland!

I don't know if that's better or worse than the 2010 World Cup where they came in second in their group to the USA. But they'll never live it down.

Comment

Football is too athletic for us British people, there I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                It all comes down to coaching and infrastructure.

The England players are levels below the Germans, Italians, Spanish, etc...both technically and tactically, along with coaching.

You can look through the entire England team and you won't find a single world class player that could play for one of the world's top clubs. You will find a lot of good players though, who continue to fail at international level.
                There are far more world class and interbpnational players in Serie A, La Liga in comparison to the premiership.

The quality us higher. British players dint get to rub shoulders with as much quality players as the rest of Europe.

That or we are genuinely shyt, ( probably the latter )

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
                  There are far more world class and interbpnational players in Serie A, La Liga in comparison to the premiership.

The quality us higher. British players dint get to rub shoulders with as much quality players as the rest of Europe.

That or we are genuinely shyt, ( probably the latter )
                  Absolutely.

I've stated countless times that the Premier League is behind La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga.

A lot don't like to admit it, but it's the reality of the situation. technically and tactically, those leagues are all vastly superior. Those leagues also have next to no British players to speak of other than Bale, there is a reason for that.

Realistically, there are a handful of Premier League players that are good enough to play for the top sides in the other big leagues and they are all foreign; Alexis, Aguero, Payet, De Bruyne, Alderweireld, De Gea...there's not too many others.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                    you're not challenged in cricket.

come on, that is freaking common sense. the amount of athletic output compared to other sports is just not the same.
                    Cricket is one of the more popular sports in the world. Yes it hasn't had the most athleticism in the past but that is changing and you really need to be athletic and strong to be a fast bowler in test cricket. Of course it challenges you in all sorts of different ways because it has a lot more disciplines than most other sports.

Cricket can be really dangerous with a hard ball flying around the field with no protection for fielders. Bowlers can legitimately target any part of the batsman's body as long as the ball bounces. That's a test of courage even more so in the days before helmets.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzQU35DiiCY

Baseball? How is that not a dumbed down bat and ball sport compared to cricket.?

Comment

Originally posted by Fairweather View Post
                      Cricket is one of the more popular sports in the world. Yes it hasn't had the most athleticism in the past but that is changing and you really need to be athletic and strong to be a fast bowler in test cricket. Of course it challenges you in all sorts of different ways because it has a lot more disciplines than most other sports.

Cricket can be really dangerous with a hard ball flying around the field with no protection for fielders. Bowlers can legitimately target any part of the batsman's body as long as the ball bounces. That's a test of courage even more so in the days before helmets.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzQU35DiiCY

Baseball? How is that not a dumbed down bat and ball sport compared to cricket.?
                      only ******s play cricket GTFO.

i have more respect for a male cheerlearder than a cricket player.

Comment

Working...
                      X