Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ten most disturbing cinema experiences?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    I enjoyed it, but I wasn't disturbed by it.
    You have to imagine keeping such a frenetic pace. Usually if a movie has a strong man role I put myself in their situation, like "what would I do?". If you just watching as a 100% spectator, it doesn't have the same effect.

Gore and disgusting things don't really disturb me much, I just limit my viewing of them.

Comment

A Serbian Film is actually disturbing.

Movies can be unsettling in many ways though, it's all in the mind. I think the last film I watched and found unsettling was Freaks from 1932.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
        Gore and disgusting things don't really disturb me much, I just limit my viewing of them.
        I don't get disturbed by gore as such, just the psychological impact behind it, if its present.

Seeing a real live animal murdered is disturbing to me though.

Comment

Seeing a real live animal murdered is disturbing to me though.
          You should probably not watch Benny's Video.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            I think the last film I watched and found unsettling was Freaks from 1932.
            Such an awesome film. I don't know that I'd call it unsettling but watching Snake Man light his cigarette was a sight to behold.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
              Such an awesome film. I don't know that I'd call it unsettling but watching Snake Man light his cigarette was a sight to behold.
              Would you let him suck you off?

Comment

Would you let him suck you off?
                Too dark for my taste.

Comment

Of course, one thing we haven't really talked about is age. I'm sure when most of us are thinking of disturbing films, we're thinking of it with an adult's mind. But when you were a kid, weren't things even MORE disturbing?

Did you ever get to see the cartoon version of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe? The lion being stabbed to death I could handle, but being stripped, shaved and humiliated like he'd forgotten the safe word really concerned me. I probably **** my pants over Watership Down, too.

When I was a kid, this advert was on TV all the time... it's got Donald Pleasance from Halloween doing the narration, and it used to scare me shitless (bear in mind I would have only been around four):

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    A Serbian Film is actually disturbing.

Movies can be unsettling in many ways though, it's all in the mind. I think the last film I watched and found unsettling was Freaks from 1932.

A Serbian Film was something else man. I'm very desensitized, but that film still made me feel uneasy. I actually watched it a second time a few years after I initially watched it being the sick bastard that I am lol. I Spit on Your Grave was prettty bad as well.

Never seen Freaks, I might have to check that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                      A Serbian Film was something else man. I'm very desensitized, but that film still made me feel uneasy. I actually watched it a second time a few years after I initially watched it being the sick bastard that I am lol. I Spit on Your Grave was prettty bad as well.

Never seen Freaks, I might have to check that one out.
                      Didn't see I spit on your grave but might do if you can recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                      X