No announcement yet.

Snoop Dog on the Roots Remake for History Channel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Dog on the Roots Remake for History Channel

I have to say, I sort of agree with him.

slavery media is played out.

id rather the history channel focus on middle east ancient history or african continent history. its more important especially with north africa and middle east raging and immigration.

american slavery media at this point is just overkill.

Comment

Heck no it's just getting started. Slavery movies are the the new Holocaust movies from the early 00's. Remember what Ricky Gervais told Kate Winslet about Holocaust movies?

Expect this to win awards and expect slavery movies to start rolling out and win awards.

Comment

Wow...nice one, Snoop. No one should forget the past, but the present is more important.

I've always felt the same way about Mafia shows like the Sopranos. Make a series about how integrated are Americans of Italian descent, and about their accomplishments. Nooooo let's make a show about dumb ass gangsters.

Anyone yet call him an Uncle Tom?

Comment

Ima start calling him tobi

Comment

I agree with Snoop.

People should boycott Roots and instead watch one of Snoop's movie classics which portrays black people in a more positive light. I suggest The Wash, it even co-stars Dre and Eminem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              Wow...nice one, Snoop. No one should forget the past, but the present is more important.

I've always felt the same way about Mafia shows like the Sopranos. Make a series about how integrated are Americans of Italian descent, and about their accomplishments. Nooooo let's make a show about dumb ass gangsters.

Anyone yet call him an Uncle Tom?
              They did, it's called Jersey Shore. The Italian gangster stereotype is less offensive.

Comment

White america has 2 options when it comes to black poeple, Either show them as slaves and hope the world takes pitty or show them how they are today killing each other etc etc.

I think they chose the right option.

Comment

Originally posted by Gods We Faked View Post
                  They did, it's called Jersey Shore. The Italian gangster stereotype is less offensive.
                  I agree....those freaking idiots on the Shore show made me want to puke.

Comment

Not enough sex scenes in those slave movies. Why would they leave that out? You know it was happening almost on a daily basis. Most owners had jungle fever.

Comment

Working...
                    X