No announcement yet.

Social Justice Warriors in Society

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    There isn't a problem with people wanting social justice and equality. However, there is a problem when the people purportedly fighting for 'social justice' use tribalism and identity politics to further their causes. Going back to my earlier post: if a BLM group is protesting the ACLU accusing them as perpetuating "white supremacy" - that's not grounded in reality and they have no substantive evidence to support this claim.

This is the dogmatic ideology of social justice warriors. They're basically saying "accept everything that we're saying to be true...if you're critical of our means or don't agree with us, you're a racist, bigot, sexist xenophobe, etc., etc.
    BLM isn't about social justice, they are about the treatment blacks get from police.

That disruption was getback for the ACLU's principled First Amendment defense of the Charlottesville alt-right's civil liberties. The article also points out the comments about the ACLU supporting Hitler.

Clearly they are misguided and angry.

Not really what they are saying. The group is not tolerant of any defense of what they feel is hate speech directed at people of color. So they are skeptical of the ACLU wanting to advance their cause because they have sided with racists like Hitler. I don't agree with this position but understand why they acted the way they did.

Clearly they are extreme idealists that do not understand the ACLU's mission.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-05-2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      So then you surely must advocate repealing all Affirmative Action polices, as they by definition give certain groups preferential treatment, privileges, and opportunities.

Because if you don't, you've just illustrated a glaring double-standard on your end.
      That sounds a lot like Jim Crow and the black codes. I'm sure you have no problem with those laws. Also, affirmative action was more beneficial for white women than any other group.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        That sounds a lot like Jim Crow and the black codes.
        Not really. It's not taking away rights from anyone, just giving certain groups a competitive advantage/privilege.

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        I'm sure you have no problem with those laws.
        You're not a mind-reader. Stop trying to be one.

If you want to know my stance on something, ask me.

So you know, I do not support Jim Crow laws.

Also, affirmative action was more beneficial for white women than any other group.
        Your point being?

I said AA policies "give certain groups preferential treatment, privileges, and opportunities."

You simply cited one of the groups getting the preferential treatment, privileges, and opportunities through AA.

Try and keep up, please.

Comment

Not really. It's not taking away rights from anyone, just giving certain groups a competitive advantage/privilege.

You're not a mind-reader. Stop trying to be one.

If you want to know my stance on something, ask me.

So you know, I do not support Jim Crow laws.

Your point being?

I said AA policies "give certain groups preferential treatment, privileges, and opportunities."

You simply cited one of the groups getting the preferential treatment, privileges, and opportunities through AA.

Try and keep up, please.
          I don't have to be. I've read enough of your post to determine that you're a lunatic and a bigoted moron.

Jim Crow and black codes didn't take away rights from people? Damn lol. You're so dumb that it's embarrassing. Or you don't know what either of those things are which is highly likely because you're uneducated.

That just proves my point about your views of past racial discrimination.
          Last edited by joseph5620; 10-05-2017, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            I don't have to be. I've read enough of your post to determine that you're a lunatic and a bigoted moron.
            Down to personal attacks now?

Watch it, or you go on Ignore.

If you can't state your case like an adult, you're not worth my time.

Act accordingly if you want to continue engaging in debate and discourse with me.

Jim Crow and black codes didn't take anything away from people? Damn lol. You're so dumb that it's embarrassing. Which just proves my point about your views of past racial discrimination.
            Actually you have it backwards, genius.

I condemned Jim Crow and said it does take away rights from people. So don't make accusations on me based on your inability to read and comprehend simple English.

You're still not keeping up at all here.

Do more reading comprehension, and less insults.

Comment

Down to personal attacks now?

Watch it, or you go on Ignore.

If you can't state your case like an adult, you're not worth my time.

Act accordingly if you want to continue engaging in debate and discourse with me.

Actually you have it backwards, genius.

I condemned Jim Crow and said it does take away rights from people. So don't make accusations on me based on your inability to read and comprehend simple English.

You're still not keeping up at all here.

Do more reading comprehension, and less insults.
              I don't give a shi t if you put me on ignore. It's comical that you think I care about that. Most cowards like you react in that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                Yep.... I said it, these stupid cowardly soft brained idiots NEED THEIR FEELINGS HURT... in fact they need to be thrown into the ring with top pro boxers so their numbers will be thinned. Cultural Marxists are all scum.
                Thank God for President Trump. He keeps these SJW'S in check and the liberal tears are the most delicious.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

That's a instant classic.

"Hell yeah I'm in".

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Here is a great article that really gives an accurate snapshot on where we are headed and how the radical liberals are cannabalizing themselves and taking all of us down with them.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...cking-liberals
                      Wow, that's one awesome article. I've read quite a few on the rise of the radical left, but this one for some reason just hits all the right spot. Thank you for this.

Comment

Working...
                      X