• Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Great list of bands. Whitesnake, Cinderella, Crue are my favorites. And Queensryche, but some people wouldn't consider them hair metal.

I would like to add the Scorpions even though they're kind of borderline, but they helped influence the hair metal genre regardless. Like Van Halen, the Scorpions were like the bridge between 70s glam rock and 80s hair metal.

But they can't technically be called a hair metal band because the singer Klaus Meine was already going bald in his 20s.
              I always felt Cinderella was too often overlooked. The lead singer had the definitive hair metal voice.

I can hear Iron Maiden's influence in Queensryche. Vocalists have a similar sound, though Dickinson is one of the best. Maiden is one of my all-time favorite bands. They still put on one of the best shows in the business while pushing 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                Fuuuuuk, he should've just sported one of these to save face.

Klaus was just like Dio. Both 5'4"and bald, but I'm sure they got more pus*y than all of us.

But at least Dio didn't go bald till he got older. Klaus had that Tyson Fury hairline, he went hit late 20s, then his hair fell off.

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                I always felt Cinderella was too often overlooked. The lead singer had the definitive hair metal voice.

I can hear Iron Maiden's influence in Queensryche. Vocalists have a similar sound, though Dickinson is one of the best. Maiden is one of my all-time favorite bands. They still put on one of the best shows in the business while pushing 60.
                Queensryche is awesome. They were heavier and more musically ambitious compared to the hair metal bands, but yeah a lot of that had to do with Maiden influence. They were like progressive metal for their time.

I like Maiden a lot too, I want to see them live before they get too old or pass away. They played in San Bernardino and Vegas this summer, but I couldn't make it to either show unfortunately.

Comment

If we're going to include Guns 'N Roses:

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    If we're going to include Guns 'N Roses:

'91

close enough

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X