• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Def Leppard

Wait, what's up with your user title?

Comment

I dedicate this song to Chocolatito Gonzalez, lol. you'll be missed champ

On the real though check out the great guitar solo in this vid.

Comment

5-star quality thread

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
          Wait, what's up with your user title?
          Green crack is just one of my favorite weed strains.

Comment

I think Van Halen is credited with opening the door to the hair band genre. Great band. The 80s was stacked with a lot of talented bands, many of them who never got national exposure. But the big ones such as Ratt, Poison, Bon Jovi, White Lion, Whitesnake, Cinderella, Motley Crue, Dokken, Night Ranger, Damn Yankees, Queensryche, all great bands with solid musicians.

A few years back I saw the Broadway production of "Rock of Ages". Great show, I went back a few times to see it again. Def Leppard would not allow them to use any of their songs despite the title of the play.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Ratt, Poison, Bon Jovi, White Lion, Whitesnake, Cinderella, Motley Crue, Dokken, Night Ranger, Damn Yankees, Queensryche, all great bands with solid musicians.
              Great list of bands. Whitesnake, Cinderella, Crue are my favorites. And Queensryche, but some people wouldn't consider them hair metal.

I would like to add the Scorpions even though they're kind of borderline, but they helped influence the hair metal genre regardless. Like Van Halen, the Scorpions were like the bridge between 70s glam rock and 80s hair metal.

But they can't technically be called a hair metal band because the singer Klaus Meine was already going bald in his 20s.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  I think Van Halen is credited with opening the door to the hair band genre. Great band. The 80s was stacked with a lot of talented bands, many of them who never got national exposure. But the big ones such as Ratt, Poison, Bon Jovi, White Lion, Whitesnake, Cinderella, Motley Crue, Dokken, Night Ranger, Damn Yankees, Queensryche, all great bands with solid musicians.

A few years back I saw the Broadway production of "Rock of Ages". Great show, I went back a few times to see it again. Def Leppard would not allow them to use any of their songs despite the title of the play.

I have to check out that "Rock Of Ages" production. It sounds awesome. The 80's were definitely stacked with great bands. Skid Row and Dokken were my favorites.

Last edited by Santa_; 09-15-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Great list of bands. Whitesnake, Cinderella, Crue are my favorites. And Queensryche, but some people wouldn't consider them hair metal.

I would like to add the Scorpions even though they're kind of borderline, but they helped influence the hair metal genre regardless. Like Van Halen, the Scorpions were like the bridge between 70s glam rock and 80s hair metal.

But they can't technically be called a hair metal band because the singer Klaus Meine was already going bald in his 20s.

Fuuuuuk, he should've just sported one of these to save face.

Green crack is just one of my favorite weed strains.

Oh, ok.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I put Bon Jovi up there with Rolling stones. Decades of great music.

Comment

Working...
                      X