No announcement yet.

The EU referendum - UK Votes to Leave!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
    Scotland isn't really going to vote to leave the UK because of Europe, nobody gives a **** about Europe here, the idiots just do whatever their union bosses tell them. Most Scottish people know the moment they leave the UK their free healthcare, education and benefits will stop.
    The Scottish independence crew are never going to stop trying for independence and any opportunities to call for a referendum they will.

People need to start ignoring them because they will never go away

Comment

• I have Never bothered voting in all the years I've been eligible to vote but I'm honestly happy this referendum is finally over now everyone whether they we're voting remain or exit can finally STFU and get on with their lives...

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        The right wing parties in France, Holland, Denmark will be pulling for a referendum too now.. this can potentially tear everything apart and will certainly shake things up seriously.
        The brits have nukes and can potentially start WW3 as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Germans suit themselves? Are you joking? The germans have paid by far the most in the introduction of the euro and Again in the greece crisis.

This while the brits said 'I want my Money back'.
          I like the Germans and no doubt they are committed to the EU and put their money in over and over again. But the perception in the UK is that Merkel, far more than anyone, is the most powerful, influential politician in the EU. Part of it seems to be that because the Germans pay so much, they feel they deserve more of a say. Which is understandable yet seems contradictory to the spirit of the EU. The Greece crisis is an example of what I mean, Germany put in the most money and behaved like they had a right to call the shots.

It was Merkel who insisted everyone else take more Syrians/other asylum seekers, and Merkel who refused to bend in talks with the UK about us controlling our own immigration and benefits system. The 'concessions' that Cameron came back with convinced nobody and that was a case where the right deal could've swayed the vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
            We'll finally be forced to cut child benefit, I ****ing love it.
            What do you mean? Don't you chavs have like 17 children with 10 different girls? You're all in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              I like the Germans and no doubt they are committed to the EU and put their money in over and over again. But the perception in the UK is that Merkel, far more than anyone, is the most powerful, influential politician in the EU. Part of it seems to be that because the Germans pay so much, they feel they deserve more of a say. Which is understandable yet seems contradictory to the spirit of the EU. The Greece crisis is an example of what I mean, Germany put in the most money and behaved like they had a right to call the shots.
              Well the one who pays the band determines the music. IMO the Greek crisis was handled by Merkel to an A+

However:

It was Merkel who insisted everyone else take more Syrians/other asylum seekers, and Merkel who refused to bend in talks with the UK about us controlling our own immigration and benefits system. The 'concessions' that Cameron came back with convinced nobody and that was a case where the right deal could've swayed the vote.
              The migrant crisis has shown how quickly the tables can turn. Merkel going from hero to villain in 6 months.

She is the main cause of the migrant mess. For that I give her an F.

Comment

• The EU is in effect a free trade agreement (with large membership fees) attached to a disastrous open immigration stipulation. What was once a convenient way to facilitate trade under one umbrella grew into its own political monster.

People are realizing those trade agreements can be renegotiated without the archaic baggage and leaving.

How much is really there to shake up? It's a return to normal diplomacy instead of 10 people bullying a continent, threatening economic disaster every time they try to act upon their own will in any matter.

If this, what we've seen so far, is the grand extend of that economic disaster, then look for more countries to leave. They'll have to drive the UK into destitute poverty for the pros to outweigh the cons. Not quite disastrous enough.
                Last edited by ////; 06-24-2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• As an American I fukin love this for the UK. The immigration policies of the EU have destroyed Europe and I'm happy that the people of the UK have stood up and decided to take their nation back. Hopefully in November we will take our nation back too. Let freedom ring.

#MakeTheUKGreatAgain
                  #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Comment

• Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                    As an American I fukin love this for the UK. The immigration policies of the EU have destroyed Europe and I'm happy that the people of the UK have stood up and decided to take their nation back. Hopefully in November we will take our nation back too. Let freedom ring.

#MakeTheUKGreatAgain
                    #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
                    Please note that the UK has taken precious few migrants.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
                      The EU is in effect a free trade agreement (with large membership fees) attached to a disastrous open immigration stipulation. What was once a convenient way to facilitate trade under one umbrella grew into its own political monster.

People are realizing those trade agreements can be renegotiated without the archaic baggage and leaving.

How much is really there to shake up? It's a return to normal diplomacy instead of 10 people bullying a continent, threatening economic disaster every time they try to act upon their own will in any matter.

If this, what we've seen so far, is the grand extend of that economic disaster, then look for more countries to leave. They'll have to drive the UK into destitute poverty for the pros to outweigh the cons. Not quite disastrous enough.
                      There's also the European police coorporation (Europol) and plenty of other stuff like say approval of medicine, climate standards etc.

These are Things that the brits also has turned Down. I reckon that the europol issue will hurt a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X