No announcement yet.

What were the 80s like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    As someone who was born in 1992, I'd like to know what the 80s were like for those of you who lived through it.
    - -They wuz like the 70s in vanilla crepe.

Comment

Lots of puzzy , good drugs and a realness to life.

No bs , you got what there was .

Good head , great azz , good drugs and alcohol , solid music and puffy hair.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
        Less fake ****, better quality coke, better quality music
        Maan!
        Just like I imagined.

I’s born in late 80’s but listening to 80’s music now gives me some dope arse vibes!!

It seemed like such a hip and rocking time!

I’d rock out with my big kokk out back then if I could!

Turn up that Daryl & Oates!

Comment

Born in 1972, so the 80s were my later childhood through teenage years.

The vibe was very different. More vibrant, alive. We were closer together as Americans, and as people too.

As to how it felt being a teen-young adult, I'd tell someone young to watch John Hughes movies. That man had a pretty good pulse on the American teen, hence his movies being so popular with them. Fast Times At Ridgemont High is another good one. The writer of that film was actually a very young-looking reporter who went undercover as a Southern California high school kid and then wrote that movie.

Another way I'd suggest to gauge is the mood of that era is to watch comedy movie and stand-up comedians from that era. You'll see what '80s people' laughed at and you'll learn more about the pop culture of the time.

Comment

As to drugs, yeah, they were kinda prevalent.

Weed was usually floating around, though it wasn't de-criminalized like today. The weed was definitely weaker than todays' strains, but we were kids so it hit us good anyway. I never tried cocaine (Less Than Zero scared that thought from me), but you always knew someone who was using it or a friend knew someone that did. I did see it used openly at teenager house parties a few times, once there was even a little stack of it on a table with several teenagers around it using it.

Acid was also at a few house parties I attended. I once saw a dude in the HS office having a bad acid trip. He was convinced he had just seen someone unzip their own face. Shrooms were here and there, but never my thing.

We didn't have meth, and I never saw heroin in person until my 20s.

Needles to say, alcohol was everywhere.

Comment

Pristine pu55y...

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                As someone who was born in 1992, I'd like to know what the 80s were like for those of you who lived through it.
                Mad condomless love... fathered a few.. had to get my DNA testing... back then, cheese wiz poon was everywhere..

No cell phones so you or she could lie about who was laying pipe..

Now, people track one another online and the rules of engagement are all twisted.

Progress allows views into previously private trysts...

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                  - -They wuz like the 70s in vanilla crepe.
                  We had better dope and music.....

Comment

The 80's were cool. Atari, Colecovision super controller Rocky boxing, Vectrex, my first piece of ass and completion of highschool. My first ever doobie smoked too. Great times...….Rockin'

Comment

Born early 80s, so I was a kid then. Vibrant and fun times. More together as Americans. Had great memories of that era.

Comment

Working...
                      X