Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self-Segregation What Does It Accomplish?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    It's a permaban to post people's pics on here, even pics they already posted. Rules are rules. Bungalows violated the rules.

Naaa, it's not that serious. BS lounge was much better, closer community in the past. It's not the same anymore. You don't see anyone posting their pics anymore, too much negativity goes on. Nobody is comfortable anymore. But in the past, I had no issues. Everyone is beefing on here nowadays. If you want to meet up and see how black/white/purple/yellow I am, we can do that and we can have some Pepsi as well, if you'd like.
    I miss the old lounge days. You're right, we didn'thave this bs we have today. These new poster are terrible. Makes you not want to post anymore given all the garbage that's posted on a daily.

Comment

Any kind of segregation is wrong. I want to be around all types of races.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        Fire weakens steel.
        Not completely true. It depends on the carbon content of the steel and the temperature that it is raised to as well as the rate at which the steel is cooled.

Case hardening is a process of strengthening medium-carbon steels by raising the temps until the steel glows red and then quenching it in a liquid heat sink (cold fluid), dropping the temp very rapidly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Ray View Post
          I miss the old lounge days. You're right, we didn'thave this bs we have today. These new poster are terrible. Makes you not want to post anymore given all the garbage that's posted on a daily.
          I agree. These new posters come in here all frustrated and tense. Their main thing to do when they log in is to take shots at other posters. We used to have banter on here in good fun, it was never really in a hateful way like it is with the new breed. Anorak's thread about people being too serious here hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR GUERRERO! View Post
            Self-Segregation what does it accomplish, I would think that would be a step back and not progress.

Right now the big issue (non-issue just entertainment news really) is Blacks boycotting the Oscars etc but what will that accomplish? Now every award they win from the oscars will have to come with an asterisk on it right? for instance "did they win it for their merits as an actor or actress or were the Oscars etc simply appeasing the black population and filling their quota of X amount of blacks must win".

and this thread is not just about the Oscar but more deeply about the root issue of Self-Segregation and what does it accomplish, I can not see any benefits from it other than to pacify themselves.

its the equivalent of saying "gimmie what I want or im going to throw a fit till you do"
            How many white actors/artists have won BET awards?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              The Black Entertainment Awards does not hide who are the awards for. They have their own awards (for good reason, as we can see 2 years in a row, no Black actors have been nominated in the Oscars), ahh now BET should give awards to white people too, because white actors don't get enough awards, oh the inequality, a black channel not giving the white man an award. If the Oscars want to rename itself as the White Entertainment Awards, then do it. But that is not what they are called. If they want to make the Oscars exclusively for white people, they'll get backlash, but at least their agenda will be put in the open rather than subtle.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Not completely true. It depends on the carbon content of the steel and the temperature that it is raised to as well as the rate at which the steel is cooled.

Case hardening is a process of strengthening medium-carbon steels by raising the temps until the steel glows red and then quenching it in a liquid heat sink (cold fluid), dropping the temp very rapidly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                  in their existence they only nominated a handful. They PURPOSELY do what they crying about and what they accusing another institution of doing lmfao, but that other institution is keeping its prestige by not letting race,sex,creed or anything influence its process.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    The Black Entertainment Awards does not hide who are the awards for. They have their own awards (for good reason, as we can see 2 years in a row, no Black actors have been nominated in the Oscars), ahh now BET should give awards to white people too, because white actors don't get enough awards, oh the inequality, a black channel not giving the white man an award. If the Oscars want to rename itself as the White Entertainment Awards, then do it. But that is not what they are called. If they want to make the Oscars exclusively for white people, they'll get backlash, but at least their agenda will be put in the open rather than subtle.
                    why you ignoring my reply lol. I dispelled your entire argument.

Comment

Working...
                    X