No announcement yet.

David Bowie Has Died From Cancer Aged 69

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    Don't get him started...let the guy Rest in Peace.
    Oh I wasn't encouraging him.

Comment

Comment

I notice that he's always capable of ****ting out at least one stellar track per album.

I just had Diamond Dogs on, and found it far more disappointing than I recalled... but Rebel Rebel is one of his best.

Comment

Any of you David Bowie fans care to make sense of this? Any comments?

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusi...ing-blackstar/

Comment

That's an interesting article, thanks for the link.

Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts once you digest it all. Same goes for any of the other Bowie fans on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Any of you David Bowie fans care to make sense of this? Any comments?

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusi...ing-blackstar/
                It actually makes a lot of sense. I tend to think people analysing lyrics and linking symbolism to meaning is often silly. Just because these things can be interpreted in different ways.
                But the article makes the lyrics and videos make sense. Linking them up to his previous work.

Ive been listening to some of the albums mentioned in this thread. Its still hit and miss to me. But its impossible to put him and his music in a box.

Comment

You guys heard this 90s track, "I'm Afraid Of Fat Yankistanians"? I'd never heard it before:

Comment

Good interview with Paxman from 1999

His thoughts on the internet back then were particularly interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      It actually makes a lot of sense. I tend to think people analysing lyrics and linking symbolism to meaning is often silly. Just because these things can be interpreted in different ways.
                      But the article makes the lyrics and videos make sense. Linking them up to his previous work.

Ive been listening to some of the albums mentioned in this thread. Its still hit and miss to me. But its impossible to put him and his music in a box.
                      Let me ask you...when you first heard the song Station to Station did you have any idea what Kether and Malkuth were? Or what Kabbalah was?

Comment

Working...
                      X