Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

As I said on the other Bowie topic:

RIP! What a shock... The new album happens to be his goodbye party. And it makes more sense why it sounds as dark as it sounds.

PS And the way he left us, ain't it just like him?

Comment

God, I hate the world. No more Bowie and Olly Murs still committing Crimes against Music.

I'm Going to Summon the Vengeful Spirit of Frank Zappa through Black Magic to hunt and Kill all these Mediocre Hacks.

You will be sorely missed, Dear Davey Bowie.

Comment

I think this is the first time a celebrity died and I actually cared. I was just telling people how good his new album was and how surprised I was by it, then all of a sudden he dies. I had no idea he was sick.

Comment

He expressed himself as he died through his music as he did with his whole life. He produced his final chapter with such little time to start and finish it. It must be unimaginably difficult to find the will and energy to do what he did. I'd think most people would just want to shut down somewhere and go. He gave his family and friends a way to experience his dying with a less gruesome reality...that he accomplished and celebrated his final work. It was released on his birthday...he died 2 days later. He left like the great artist he was after he saw the reaction to it. It's all so theater-like...death imitating art. He died as he lived in his personas and shows. Within a couple of years someone will make a bio-pic about him I'm sure.

Comment

Yeah, what a striking sense of character to write and film videos for an album where you acknowledge you're dying.

Sad about this.

However, I have wondered where the idea that English people have terrible teeth comes from. I suspect that it was 90% down to Bowie. And maybe 10% the guys from Peep Show.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  Yeah, what a striking sense of character to write and film videos for an album where you acknowledge you're dying.

Sad about this.

However, I have wondered where the idea that English people have terrible teeth comes from. I suspect that it was 90% down to Bowie. And maybe 10% the guys from Peep Show.
                  LOL...I used to watch his videos and wonder...damm...with all that money why not fix them? He finally did but not until his 40's or maybe 50's I think. The guy was a legend...but those were some nasty-ass teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

Sad about this.

To be honest I'm surprised you've not done a night with Bowie yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      To be honest I'm surprised you've not done a night with Bowie yet.
                      Don't get him started...let the guy Rest in Peace.

Comment

Working...
                      X