No announcement yet.

David Bowie Has Died From Cancer Aged 69

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
    It has a bit of the "Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band" sound to it. It was recorded 11 November 1966 – 25 February 1967 whereas Sgt. Pepper’s was recorded 1 February 1967...so I'm wondering about that?
    It's often cited as being inspired by Anthony Newley, but it's not brought up these days as everyone's forgotten who the **** Anthony Newley was.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      It's often cited as being inspired by Anthony Newley, but it's not brought up these days as everyone's forgotten who the **** Anthony Newley was.
      He is the star of the garbage pail kids movie. And mentioned by Derek and clive.

Comment

There was a post earlier in this thread about his entire career being inspired by Anthony Newley...I had to google to see who he was...but apparently it was that Broadway Musical element to his performances...and I can see that.

But if you listen to all the horns being used in that 1st Bowie album and the bizarre way the last song ends...and maybe it's just me...but I can't help but feel someone was picking up on the others styles..Bowie/Beatles. As if almost the producers shared something about what each others projects. Sgt Peppers was unlike anything the Beatles had ever done before...a complete departure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
          I'm absolutely gutted.
          Gutted about what, an ageing glamfaqqot taking off his high heel boots and disappearing behind the curtain?

Go cry with poet

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            He is the star of the garbage pail kids movie. And mentioned by Derek and clive.
            Is he?

I only really know him from this (complete with David Bowie quote in the trailer):

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              There was a post earlier in this thread about his entire career being inspired by Anthony Newley...I had to google to see who he was...but apparently it was that Broadway Musical element to his performances...and I can see that.

But if you listen to all the horns being used in that 1st Bowie album and the bizarre way the last song ends...and maybe it's just me...but I can't help but feel someone was picking up on the others styles..Bowie/Beatles. As if almost the producers shared something about what each others projects. Sgt Peppers was unlike anything the Beatles had ever done before...a complete departure.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                Gutted about what, an ageing glamfaqqot taking off his high heel boots and disappearing behind the curtain?

Go cry with poet
                **** me, what a Latvian ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by racer59 View Post
                  There's a great bit in his Gurney Slade anti-sitcom where he watches himself on stage singing that, and thinks to himself how shit it is, and how he thought he was a better singer.

Comment

**** me, what a Latvian ****.
                    I'm not Latvian but you have rotten teeth.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                      I'm not Latvian but you have rotten teeth.
                      The old "bad teeth" routine, huh? I'll have to do some new threads so you can rip them off.

You're a Latvian with down syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                      X