Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manga Readers/Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, time for a change of pace from the norm. I just started Shokugeki no Soma, and the first 4 chapters are hilarious. I especially like the sensationalized descriptions of when someone tastes Souma's food.

Comment

• See, stuff like this is hilarious!

Comment

• Sup everyone. I finally got all caught up with Shokugeki no Soma, and all in all it was really good. It is kind of interesting that this manga is technically a battle manga, but done through the cooking. I would get hungry every time I would read this one. The food descriptions and cooking information are pretty well done. They definitely did their homework when creating this piece. Soma is a great lead character, and of course since it is echi, the various female counterparts are all crushing on him. However, I really don't know how they will end up closing out the series. Apparently, both the manga and anime are very popular, so this one may go on for years like some of the other mainstream manga.

Anyway, once I finished SnS, I got into the Souten no Ken universe, and started reading Fist of the Blue Sky, which is the predecessor to Fist of the North Star (although FOTNS came our first). Blue Sky is very good, and reveals the origin story of Hokuto Shinken. The main character, Kasumi Kenshiro, is known as Yan-Wang in Shanghai where most of the story takes place. The numerous battles that take place with other martial artists are excellent, culminating towards the end to an epic battle between masters of Hokuto. The artwork by Tetsuo Hara is awesome. I love his drawings and of course, the story is done by one of my favorites, Buronson. I have about 15 chapters to go before the end, but this manga has been great. I look forward to really reading FOTNS after this, even though it is much older, as well as the other offshoots of this universe. Hokuto Shinken is bad ass! This manga also has a great cast of martial artists, and one of my favorites besides Kenshiro, is Liu Wong-Zu.

Last edited by North Star; 07-20-2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Did anyone here read the end of Gantz?

Is it worth getting back into?

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
            Did anyone here read the end of Gantz?

Is it worth getting back into?
            Ending is decent, nothing amazing like, where'd you get to ?

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Ending is decent, nothing amazing like, where'd you get to ?
              The regular heroes were starting to meet the real bad guys and getting some real answers, this one dude could just point to something and a catastrophy would happen, caused a plane to crash just for fun.

Comment

The regular heroes were starting to meet the real bad guys and getting some real answers, this one dude could just point to something and a catastrophy would happen, caused a plane to crash just for fun.
                Ye you're way back then obviously, Nurarihyon and the Buddah arcs (Think the bit you just referenced is before Buddah ?) are must reads, haven't even got into the meat of the story yet, I'd always recommend Gantz if you like the violent kinda **** and sci-fi / action but like I said the ending is decent, comes up with a solid reasoning and solution for Gantz, as a whole although it left something to be desired but what doesn't.
                Last edited by NChristo; 07-20-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
                  Sup everyone. I finally got all caught up with Shokugeki no Soma, and all in all it was really good. It is kind of interesting that this manga is technically a battle manga, but done through the cooking. I would get hungry every time I would read this one. The food descriptions and cooking information are pretty well done. They definitely did their homework when creating this piece. Soma is a great lead character, and of course since it is echi, the various female counterparts are all crushing on him. However, I really don't know how they will end up closing out the series. Apparently, both the manga and anime are very popular, so this one may go on for years like some of the other mainstream manga.
                  Something similar to Torkio ?, seen Shokugeki highlighted on a few sites but never paid interest, Toriko is / was something though and if it follows a similar formula or something similar then I'd be interested probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                    Ye you're way back then obviously, Nurarihyon and the Buddah arcs (Think the bit you just referenced is before Buddah ?) are must reads, haven't even got into the meat of the story yet, I'd always recommend Gantz if you like the violent kinda **** and sci-fi / action but like I said the ending is decent, comes up with a solid reasoning and solution for Gantz, as a whole although it left something to be desired but what doesn't.
                    Oh for real???

The sky had turned red all over the world, and everybody was talking about the end of the world. I thought I was the end of the manga!

Ill get back in to it then.

Surprised Hollywood never tried to make a movie out of Gantz.

Comment

Oh for real???

The sky had turned red all over the world, and everybody was talking about the end of the world. I thought I was the end of the manga!

Ill get back in to it then.

Surprised Hollywood never tried to make a movie out of Gantz.
                      They made an animated movie out of the Nurarihyon arc but it's in that weird 3D style, thought there were a few live action movies but maybe wrong.

Would be something else if Hollywood made it obviously, but how much could they get away if it was a rip from a Japanese or Korean movie, ptobably couldn't get away with near enough **** in Gantz which makes it what it is

Comment

Working...
                      X