Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manga Readers/Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on One Piece. This series has actually turned out a lot better than I anticipated. The humor is great and it translates well IMO. I've been watching and reading Japanese stuff for most of my life, so I can understand it and I find myself cracking up while I am here at work. I've gone through about 530 chapters, so just another 300 or so to go before I'm caught up. I haven't watched any of the anime yet, but plan too soon. I might actually like One Piece over Naruto when it comes to these mainstream seinen manga.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
      Update on One Piece. This series has actually turned out a lot better than I anticipated. The humor is great and it translates well IMO. I've been watching and reading Japanese stuff for most of my life, so I can understand it and I find myself cracking up while I am here at work. I've gone through about 530 chapters, so just another 300 or so to go before I'm caught up. I haven't watched any of the anime yet, but plan too soon. I might actually like One Piece over Naruto when it comes to these mainstream seinen manga.
      is been probably 10 years since i read one piece, but from all action shounen one piece is in my top list.

i really think the water seven arc are the greatest arc of all time in shounen/action genre.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
        is been probably 10 years since i read one piece, but from all action shounen one piece is in my top list.

i really think the water seven arc are the greatest arc of all time in shounen/action genre.
        That was a good one. We got to know about some of the history of that universe and got introduced to some cool new characters. I like how it transitioned to Ennis Lobby / Judicial Island and the massive battle that ensued there. All to rescue Robin. It was nice to get her back story too, and how it connects to the poneglyphs and missing century history.

Comment

Water seven? Is that the Cipher Pole 9?

If so yea, that one went pretty hard... especially the whole flag part

It's alright so far, got back on it.

So much going on... they delving on Sanji's past now

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            Water seven? Is that the Cipher Pole 9?

If so yea, that one went pretty hard... especially the whole flag part

It's alright so far, got back on it.

So much going on... they delving on Sanji's past now
            i dont remember about any flag but yeah CP9 was revealed at water seven.

water seven is a city of carpenter with lots of canals which also have above the water train, is when straw hat crews first meet franky the cyborg and robin get kidnapped

Comment

i dont remember about any flag but yeah CP9 was revealed at water seven.

water seven is a city of carpenter with lots of canals which also have above the water train, is when straw hat crews first meet franky the cyborg and robin get kidnapped
              OHhh yea yea, CP9 probably a sub arc of the main arc... but that was dope. I remember gear second/third were lit.

I was talking about the world government flag though when they went to go save Robin and declared war against the world gov

Comment

OHhh yea yea, CP9 probably a sub arc of the main arc... but that was dope. I remember gear second/third were lit.

I was talking about the world government flag though when they went to go save Robin and declared war against the world gov
                Yep, and that was kind of the start of Luffy's legend. He then goes on to penetrate Impel Down and then the Marine HQ in that massive battle with Whitebeard and the Marines. That was pretty good too. I'm looking forward to what happens next. The part I'm on is two years into the future from that event. Good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
                  Yep, and that was kind of the start of Luffy's legend. He then goes on to penetrate Impel Down and then the Marine HQ in that massive battle with Whitebeard and the Marines. That was pretty good too. I'm looking forward to what happens next. The part I'm on is two years into the future from that event. Good stuff.
                  It's decent now... damn this series been going on for a long time... might take a break again and binge. I stopped for a while, about half a year, for them to finish up the Don Quioxite arc...which seemed like it dragged on forever.

Kind of meh now... hoping the Sanji arc is good.

Just finished watching Monsture Musume... funny ecchi show.... so i'm reading to catch up now

Comment

It's decent now... damn this series been going on for a long time... might take a break again and binge. I stopped for a while, about half a year, for them to finish up the Don Quioxite arc...which seemed like it dragged on forever.

Kind of meh now... hoping the Sanji arc is good.

Just finished watching Monsture Musume... funny ecchi show.... so i'm reading to catch up now
                    Finished up One Piece. I absolutely love this series. I need to watch the anime now. I thought the Dressrosa storyline was pretty good. Doflamingo was one tough bastard. I was pretty satisfied with that arc and the latest one sounds pretty good too. Ugh, now I have to wait for the new releases, so I guess it will be a year or so before I check back in so that I can binge read them.

But overall, One Piece is pretty well done. I am not surprised that it has turned out to be the most popular and most copied manga ever. The world is so vast and there are almost endless amounts of plot lines that can be dreamed up to prolong the series. The humor is great in this one. I just like how it never goes into a soap opera like Naruto did. I understand the series maturing (Naruto) but it got overly serious there in the end. Whereas in One Piece, Luffy's main driving force is to be free and have adventure. By just wanting to remain free, he is open to be as carefree as he wants and that means we keep getting new adventures.

Comment

• 5 chapters in to Apocalypse no Toride. It's pretty damn good so far. Not a lot of build up before the zombie outbreak like I am a Hero. Straight to the meat of the story for a zombie apocalypse manga.

Comment

Working...
                      X