Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jas View Post
    i edited post

but my point refutes what you are saying
    No, it doesn't not even a little bit. But I imagine if you repeat it enough times it'll have more resonance with you, but it definitely won't with me....

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      Bro you just utterly dismissed everything I wrote in favor of paranoia and sensationalism? The scenarios you're talking about have little probability of happening to the average American and if they do, the death toll isn't going to be astronomical, though any death is tragic. The scenario yesterday was used to gain attention to a political group/cause, not cripple a nation.

If people were truly interested in living in a world that is free of "terror" they'd start looking at the countries they're so afraid of and think about socioeconomic causes ahead of straight politics or religion, because the politics of the day are a thin veneer hiding poverty, a lack of education, and or access to quality healthcare.

The "homegrown crime" you're dismissing produces unspeakable carnage in the USA, not to mention our many prisons and a legal system that favors the majority or anyone with a buck. Maybe these very American issues have never touched you, like you think ISIS will, but it doesn't mean they are not more of an imminent threat to your safety and security.

I think it's easier for people to say we live an "evil" world rather than to think about the solutions to its problems and what they may have to give to make them happen.....
      Dude are you f**king dense? I never "dismissed" homegrown crime, you f**king dullard. Of course crime here is a problem, and I admitted to you that it has an infinitely higher chance of affecting me than any terrorist act ever will. Can you read, bro?

But again, I'm speaking solely in relation to terrorist acts...because...wait for it...this thread is about a terrorist incident. It's not that f**king hard to understand, dip****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
        You do realize that if you aren't truly free from the prison of where you're from and realize where you can go, a Ph.D is little more than toilet paper, right?
        http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/14/op...myth.html?_r=0

Comment

• "Strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be
          unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is their destination."
          Quran 9:73

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...law-in-UK.html

Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK

83% of Pakistanis support stoning adulterers
          78% of Pakistanis support killing apostates
          http://www.realcourage.org/2009/08/p...ostate-deaths/
          Last edited by jas; 11-14-2015, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Informal poll of Saudis in August 2014 shows 92% agree that Islamic State (ISIS) "conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law."
            http://muslimstatistics.wordpress.co...ic-law-survey/

Comment

• World Public Opinion: 61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans
              32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans
              41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
              38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
              83% of Palestinians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (only 14% oppose)
              62% of Jordanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (21% oppose)
              42% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (45% oppose)
              A minority of Muslims disagreed entirely with terror attacks on Americans:
              (Egypt 34%; Indonesia 45%; Pakistan 33%)
              About half of those opposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al-Qaeda’s attitude toward the U.S.
              http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pi..._Feb09_rpt.pdf

al-Arabiya: 36% of Arabs polled said the 9/11 attacks were morally justified; 38% disagreed; 26% Unsure
              http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/20...10/166274.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Dude are you f**king dense? I never "dismissed" homegrown crime, you f**king dullard. Of course crime here is a problem, and I admitted to you that it has an infinitely higher chance of affecting me than any terrorist act ever will. Can you read, bro?

But again, I'm speaking solely in relation to terrorist acts...because...wait for it...this thread is about a terrorist incident. It's not that f**king hard to understand, dip****.
                Can you comprehend you jittery ****? A terrorist isn't going to take you or anyone you know out in any kind of Hollywood like scenario your ridiculous mind dreams up, that's what I'm saying. I'd tell you to reread it but it's clear you're illiterate and waiting on ISIS to paralyze Planet Earth.

People want to live in a simplistic world that's easily quantifiable but they don't. (Nice article.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Radical View Post
                  smh atleast mexicans come here to work. there might be a churro cart on every corner but atleast ****s not getting blown up

damn savages
                  Very good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    On one hand, you want to be politically correct and you want to believe that this is an anomaly, that humanity will rise and extremism will die.

But in reality, you know better. You know that it will continue for the rest of time.

So at what point do we have to make a decision? At what point will the masses accept that we can't keep drawing imaginary lines between Islam and terrorism? At what point do we have to make the hard choices? How many more thousands must we lose?

I feel like we have this conversation 5 times per year. They take 20. We cry and cry, then forget. They take 100 more, we cry and cry, then forget. When will we break this cycle?
                    Our world leaders need exhibit some ****ing courage and leadership and balls, and discuss opening that Islam plays a serious role in these recurring terrorist attacks. Invariably, you're gonna hear Obama, Merkel or Cameron say something like this has nothing to do Islam, it's "terrorism, extremism."

What is it gonna take to push people out of their denial? Islam inherently a sinister and evil religion that is not compatible with Western values. Islam is intolerant of free speech, of gender equality, of ****sexuals, of apostates. We need to discuss these conflicts openly and stop pretending they don't apply

Comment

• Originally posted by Radical View Post
                      smh atleast mexicans come here to work. there might be a churro cart on every corner but atleast ****s not getting blown up

damn savages
                      You make it sound like churro carts on every corner is a bad thing. That sounds like heaven to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X