No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
    1bad is clueless on taxes (or stupid), he’s claimed tax cuts don’t add to the deficit and that tax cuts “pay for themselves”. He’s also claimed to have millionaires “in his circle”, so I guess it validates his ignorance/stupidity on the situation.

Don’t mind that guy.
    The problem is that's not at all what I said.

He's just extra salty because he made himself like more stupid than usual in his quest to run up Gotcha! points.

Now as to the tax cuts paying for themselves, dont forget that revenue is up after the Trump tax cuts. (Which I'd love to hear you explain how....)

The deficits are higher because spending went up more than the revenue did.

As you gain life experience, and assuming you pay attention and look at things in an intellectually honest manner, you'll find that that's always the case.

No matter how much revenue we bring in, politicians will spend every last dime and then some.

It's as predictable as the sun coming up. Sadly.

(One more word of advice, dont take people who live Walter Mitty lives and 'win' on the Internet seriously. No one with any kind of intellect does, and neither should you.)

Comment

• But I thought China was paying for the tariffs. I thought we were getting so much money from China due to the tariffs

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        But I thought China was paying for the tariffs. I thought we were getting so much money from China due to the tariffs

Cheerleading aside, what is your stance on tariffs?

Also, what is your stance on US trade with China?

I know whatever Trump does is wrong, so how about you tell us what the right things to do on this issue are.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Cheerleading aside, what is your stance on tariffs?

Also, what is your stance on US trade with China?

I know whatever Trump does is wrong, so how about you tell us what the right things to do on this issue are.....
          My stance is to negotiate a better trade deal with China. Trade deals are negotiated all the time without using tarrifs as the starting point. Rarely are tarrifs used to negotiate a deal. It's hard work, there is a lot of detail, and it could take a couple of years, but it's possible. Right now we're borrowing money from China to pay farmers for China not buying their crops.

Trump's idea of a deal is one side wins and the other side loses. China isn't going to negotiate a deal where they're the loser just like Trump isn't going to negotiate a deal where the US loses. It isn't an all or nothing game as Trump views it

Comment

• Comment

My stance is to negotiate a better trade deal with China. Trade deals are negotiated all the time without using tarrifs as the starting point.
              Um, we tried that.

First we asked them to cut their tariffs. When they refused, we then set tariffs on their goods.

Now that you know your first plan didnt work, can you please tell me what your next step(s) would be?

And remember, Trump is on record advocating for no tariffs, from both them and us.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Trump's idea of a deal is one side wins and the other side loses.
              False, and you're mind reading again.

As I showed, Trump's goal is no tariffs, which is a win-win situation (at least for consumers).

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              China isn't going to negotiate a deal where they're the loser just like Trump isn't going to negotiate a deal where the US loses. It isn't an all or nothing game as Trump views it
              Again, if they cut their tariffs, then we cut ours.

No losers, no winners.

Just lower prices for consumers.

Remember, not everything is a 'win' or 'loss' in life. It's actually possible for human beings to come together and find solutions that benefit all sides, as opposed to making everything a contest.

I know that's not so much how it works online, but that's how the real world works.

So again, lets see what your solutions are to this trade war.....
              Last edited by 1bad65; 08-14-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

My stance is to negotiate a better trade deal with China. Trade deals are negotiated all the time without using tarrifs as the starting point. Rarely are tarrifs used to negotiate a deal. It's hard work, there is a lot of detail, and it could take a couple of years, but it's possible. Right now we're borrowing money from China to pay farmers for China not buying their crops.

Trump's idea of a deal is one side wins and the other side loses. China isn't going to negotiate a deal where they're the loser just like Trump isn't going to negotiate a deal where the US loses. It isn't an all or nothing game as Trump views it
                I will point you to youtube where you can see for yourself that China will not deal on anything unless its in their favor. Just look at what they're doing to other countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
                  I will point you to youtube where you can see for yourself that China will not deal on anything unless its in their favor. Just look at what they're doing to other countries.
                  They're doing that to countries with no leverage. The US does have leverage. China also has leverage. So you come to an agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    Um, we tried that.

First we asked them to cut their tariffs. When they refused, we then set tariffs on their goods.

Now that you know your first plan didnt work, can you please tell me what your next step(s) would be?

And remember, Trump is on record advocating for no tariffs, from both them and us.

False, and you're mind reading again.

As I showed, Trump's goal is no tariffs, which is a win-win situation (at least for consumers).

Again, if they cut their tariffs, then we cut ours.

No losers, no winners.

Just lower prices for consumers.

Remember, not everything is a 'win' or 'loss' in life. It's actually possible for human beings to come together and find solutions that benefit all sides, as opposed to making everything a contest.

I know that's not so much how it works online, but that's how the real world works.

So again, lets see what your solutions are to this trade war.....
                    You're just as naive about trade as Trump. Telling China to cut their tarrifs on TV is not negotiating. That's carnival barking. Grown ups negotiate, not get on TV talking.

Besides the tax cuts for the rich what deals has Trump actually made? And he had the house and Senate during that time. No new healthcare deal. No deal with N. Korea. No new deal with Iran. Where are all these deals he's promised?

Comment

They're doing that to countries with no leverage. The US does have leverage. China also has leverage. So you come to an agreement.
                      Easy eh? Why hasn't this happened before Trump?

Comment

Working...
                      X