No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    I'm simply talking about the people trying to use the sympathy angle and why it won't work.
    I agree sympathy won’t work. But this can also be because for the past 20 years there has been an explosion of illegals immigration into the country. Many Americans feel they’ve had enough.

Regardless i agree the sympathy angle won’t work, so why not a pragmatic approach. Trump gets to build the wall and work on border security, the democrats get a path to citizenship for dreamers and maybe a path to residency for some of the illegals here.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post

Do you have an answer to my question Bernie?
      Why can’t liberals negotiate a wall for a path to citizenships for dreamers and some of the illegals already here?

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
        I agree sympathy won’t work. But this can also be because for the past 20 years there has been an explosion of illegals immigration into the country. Many Americans feel they’ve had enough.
        But in order to start a conversation you have to have a conversation based on facts. Your first statement isn't based on facts.

The number of Mexican immigrants living in the U.S. illegally has declined by more than 1 million since 2007. In 2016, 5.4 million unauthorized immigrants from Mexico lived in the U.S., down from a peak of 6.9 million in 2007. Despite the drop, Mexicans still make up about half of the nation’s 10.7 million unauthorized immigrants (51% in 2016).

There were more apprehensions of non-Mexicans than Mexicans at U.S. borders in fiscal year 2017 for the third time on record (the first was in fiscal 2014). In fiscal 2017, the Border Patrol made 130,454 apprehensions of Mexicans, a sharp drop from a peak of 1.6 million apprehensions in 2000. The decline in apprehensions reflects the decrease in the number of unauthorized Mexican immigrants coming to the U.S.

Mexicans were deported from the U.S. 245,306 times in 2016 – up from 169,031 in 2005, but down from a recent high of 308,828 in 2013. The increase over the past decade is due in part to a 2005 shift in policy that increased the chances of being deported following apprehension in the border region. Prior to that change, many unauthorized immigrants were returned without a formal deportation order.
        http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...n-from-mexico/

You're responding to propaganda and fear tactics. We live in a time with more access to information than ever before. There i absolutely no reason people should not know the facts and be swayed by lies and propaganda.

Comment

But in order to start a conversation you have to have a conversation based on facts. Your first statement isn't based on facts.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...n-from-mexico/

You're responding to propaganda and fear tactics. We live in a time with more access to information than ever before. There i absolutely no reason people should not know the facts and be swayed by lies and propaganda.
          Okay didn’t say explosion of illegal Mexicans said illegal immigrants which can be from a number of countries, but again not relevant.

You want the facts here they are. Trump wants the wall. He said repeatedly he is not negotiating on a pathway to citizenship if there is no funding for the wall.

So why won’t the democrats negotiate? Why not build the f thing and get the illegals who are already here a path to citizens?

If illegals aren’t crossing anymore but it makes some Americans feel better about the wall what is the problem?

Comment

Okay didn’t say explosion of illegal Mexicans said illegal immigrants which can be from a number of countries, but again not relevant.
            No you didn't say Mexican but you're focused on the wall, which means Mexican. It's not like we're building a wall on the pacific ocean to stop European immigrants or a wall on the southern border. You're being disingenuous.

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
            You want the facts here they are. Trump wants the wall. He said repeatedly he is not negotiating on a pathway to citizenship if there is no funding for the wall.So why won’t the democrats negotiate? Why not build the f thing and get the illegals who are already here a path to citizens?

If illegals aren’t crossing anymore but it makes some Americans feel better about the wall what is the problem?
            He also said Mexico would pay for the wall. The majority of American people rejected his idea for a wall, even though he promised Mexico would pay for it. Why should Americans be forced to pay for something that was overwhelmingly rejected by the majority of the people?

Comment

No you didn't say Mexican but you're focused on the wall, which means Mexican. It's not like we're building a wall on the pacific ocean to stop European immigrants or a wall on the southern border. You're being disingenuous.

He also said Mexico would pay for the wall. The majority of American people rejected his idea for a wall, even though he promised Mexico would pay for it. Why should Americans be forced to pay for something that was overwhelmingly rejected by the majority of the people?
              I’m not trying to be disingenuous, think you misunderstood me so I’ll conceit your point.

Now again if Republicans have said not negotiations on the illegals already here until we build the wall, why not build it?
              If Mexicans aren’t crossing it anymore who does it hurt? Please don’t tell me about the cost, this government spends so much on other useless crap as well.

Comment

You want the facts here they are. Trump wants the wall. He said repeatedly he is not negotiating on a pathway to citizenship if there is no funding for the wall.

So why won’t the democrats negotiate? Why not build the f thing and get the illegals who are already here a path to citizens?

There he goes with those strawmen trying score Gotcha! points again.

He's like a broken record.

Comment

Okay... but if the republicans and trump are both saying no path to citizenship for dreamers or some of the illegals already here until the wall is funded, why not just build the f thing? It’s a win win for everyone. The republicans get the border security they want, the democrats get the path to citizenship they want.

Again iirc it was the dems that said no to this offer.
                  This is a great post.

See, the Democrats snookered Reagan like this, and they are trying to run the same scam on Trump.

The problem for them is Trump was around in the 1980s and was paying attention.

The Democrats got Reagan to agree to amnesty in return for more money from Congress for border security.

Reagan gave the amnesty because he was a man of his word, then the Democrats simple never passed the security funding through Congress.

As I said, Trump ain't falling for that one.

He's a smart man, who learns from the mistakes of others so he dont make the same mistakes they did.

Comment

I’m not trying to be disingenuous, think you misunderstood me so I’ll conceit your point.

Now again if Republicans have said not negotiations on the illegals already here until we build the wall, why not build it?
                    If Mexicans aren’t crossing it anymore who does it hurt? Please don’t tell me about the cost, this government spends so much on other useless crap as well.
                    Your problem is that he is.

It's what superfans like him do.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X