Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ten most overrated stand up comedians of all time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good call on Robin Williams. I don't see how anybody found that guy amusing. Mrs. Doubtfire was probably his funniest act, smh.

Comment

5. Billy Connolly

Most of the comedians so far, whether I've personally found them funny or not, I GET why people laugh at them. This guy... I just don't GET it. At all.

Normally I laugh at Scottish people, because, let's face it, it's a fucking funny accent. I think what pisses me off is how ridiculously lauded he is. We used to have a chat show over here called the Michael Parkinson show, and the **** was never off it. Imagine tuning into Jay Leno and he's like "for the eightieth time this week..." Culture TELLS you he's "funny", like it's some kind of enforced "law of being a Green Teef", like drinking tea, liking the Beatles and not kicking the Queen in the ****. It makes me resent him because of it.

I think what I really dislike about this ****, at least in stand up terms, is that I've always believed the best comedians don't laugh at their own jokes. You crack a joke to make someone else laugh, not yourself. Okay, sure, it can be funny if they crack up with it, but if someone's laughing at all their own jokes, it's like they're telling you "this IS funny, FACT", rather than letting you make up your own mind. I don't think I've ever seen a stand up routine of Connolly's where he's not laughing at his own jokes. He's a ****ing **** tbh. Certainly my least favourite (favorite, FY) routine of his was his routine "my wee pal Beercules":

"Oh aye pal, the other day I was doing a wee jobbie, and I told someone to fuck off. That's right, I said 'fuck off'. They said 'what?' and I said 'fuck off'. Can you believe that? Aren't I wild and outrageous, aye? Hang on, just give me a wee minute, I have tae laugh at mah own joke for a wee while. But yeah, I did, I said 'fuck off'. That's what I did, I said 'fuck off'. Anyway, I know this wee fellow called Beercules... he's a wee ****."

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Daggum......
        I had to slap that boy down in a thread on NSB the other day. I can tolerate him when he's talking about Broner being a bum or whatever but then he started dissing Roberto ****ing Duran. I couldn't let that slide. I had to spank his dumbass in front of everybody.

Comment

I actually liked Robin Williams old stand up from the early 80's.

Edit: this was from 1986

http://youtu.be/5yxjK3_qBSo

Comment

Andy Kaufman. I never really got his comedy. I've heard people state "his comedy is groundbreaking." Kaufman once got up on stage and just started reading The Great Gatsby and that was his act. What the **** is so funny about that? I don't get it

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Andy Kaufman. I never really got his comedy. I've heard people state "his comedy is groundbreaking." Kaufman once got up on stage and just started reading The Great Gatsby and that was his act. What the **** is so funny about that? I don't get it
              I actually quite like "anti comedy" tbh. This guy cracked me up:

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                I actually quite like "anti comedy" tbh. This guy cracked me up:

How were they not laughing? I would have been dying in the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                  Prime Chris Rock is great.
                  That corny bastard and his annoying voice..nothing funny about him

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    He legit had a joke, and I use that term loosely.....but a joke that went something along the lines of this....

"You know the term B Line??? Well people use it and they walk straight forward so it looks like an I. Shouldn't it be called I Line?"

I **** you not, that's a real joke he used lol
                    This was by far his worst and most pretentious "joke".

What a ****. He's like 37 years old but dresses like a teenager and has that ridiculous "bed-head" hairstyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      This was by far his worst and most pretentious "joke".

What a ****. He's like 37 years old but dresses like a teenager and has that ridiculous "bed-head" hairstyle.
                      I couldn't even make it half way through the clip. Dane Cook's 2006/2007 popularity was truly annoying.

Comment

Working...
                      X