No announcement yet.

The Reality of this Ronda Rousey/Floyd Mayweather situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    This thread is all good until Floyd punches her dead in the face and she crumples to the ground.

Floyd has hurt men 15lbs bigger than him even if he hasn't concussed or KO'd them.

Imagine if Floyd hits Rousey with the punch he KO'd Ortiz with or the hook/uppercut combo he hit Cotto with?
    Big "if" in a cage when you can do so much. If she grabs him, nighty night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      if floyd tags her it's over.

but if she grabs floyd it's over for floyd. and pac and cotto. any boxer of similar size.
      Floyd would outweigh her by a good 15 lbs, maybe more. The reality is Floyd would knock Rhonda out violently, especially if he has on the MMA gloves.

I am not demeaning Rhonda's talent or skill in any way but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Big "if" in a cage when you can do so much. If she grabs him, nighty night.
        Dude, you need to stop. If she grabs him and he punches her right in the face he would break her nose. Then he would just beat her down.

I understand Rhonda has all the tools to protect herself, but the difference in strength and weight and the fact Floyd knows how to fight would get rhonda hurt.

T

Comment

Floyd would outweigh her by a good 15 lbs, maybe more. The reality is Floyd would knock Rhonda out violently, especially if he has on the MMA gloves.

I am not demeaning Rhonda's talent or skill in any way but this is getting ridiculous.
          i think she outweighs him.

she use to CUT WEIGHT to make 154 in judo.

she cuts a lot to make 135.

she's not punch with floyd.

she's gonna duck down for a takedown or clinch.

you know you can actually go for a takedown at longer range than you can punch.

bjj schools practice it.

they have someone punch at you while you go for a takedown or clinch.

plus when you go for a takedown your face/chin is not exposed.

Comment

Dude, you need to stop. If she grabs him and he punches her right in the face he would break her nose. Then he would just beat her down.

I understand Rhonda has all the tools to protect herself, but the difference in strength and weight and the fact Floyd knows how to fight would get rhonda hurt.
            You're the one who needs to stop. Cuah actually went and rolled with a BJJ guy to see what they can do. You obviously haven't.

Now as to Rousey, you guys act like all she does is grapple. That's ridiculous. Someone her level has a boxing coach, and I'm shure she spars alot with pure boxers to hone her hands and defense. At the MMA gym I train at, the owner is on good terms with a few boxing gyms and he takes the MMA guys there to spar with the boxers under boxing rules. This isn't uncommon in MMA training. I'd bet Rousey does the same.

She's been hit by men, and by men bigger than Mayweather. Plus, it's not like Mayweather is known for one punch power anyway. Nothing is 100%, but I'd wager if Floyd and Rhonda fought 10 times under MMA rules, she would win a good 9 of those fights, if not all 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              You're the one who needs to stop. Cuah actually went and rolled with a BJJ guy to see what they can do. You obviously haven't.

Now as to Rousey, you guys act like all she does is grapple. That's ridiculous. Someone her level has a boxing coach, and I'm shure she spars alot with pure boxers to hone her hands and defense. At the MMA gym I train at, the owner is on good terms with a few boxing gyms and he takes the MMA guys there to spar with the boxers under boxing rules. This isn't uncommon in MMA training. I'd bet Rousey does the same.

She's been hit by men, and by men bigger than Mayweather. Plus, it's not like Mayweather is known for one punch power anyway. Nothing is 100%, but I'd wager if Floyd and Rhonda fought 10 times under MMA rules, she would win a good 9 of those fights, if not all 10.
              I think this might be the sign of the apacolypse but 1bad and I agree. lol

I think people like Dunn are coming from the perspective of never seeing combat sports at this level. I love boxing, it's my sport and I have all the respect for it. But if I think for one second that because I boxed, that would allow me to beat some MMA fighter who I have 30,40, 50lbs over, I'm delusional.

Even if I trained for 6 months, against this BJJ black belt I could do nothing. I mean it was purely my strength that was keeping me above water, he even mentioned how strong I am, but in the end, he was around my neck and I was tapping.

I couldn't punch, but he couldn't either. I'm sure he would have a serious advantage over me in ground and pound, where I don't know how to strike as well off my back or being crouched over him (which I was the whole grappling session).

She rag dolls him if he doesn't land the big shot. Man, woman, I don't give a fuk. I have trained with pro MMA guys and I have the utmost respect for them.

Comment

• BTW, the most recent Ultimate Fighter show with ATT vs Blackzillians, I help train one of those fighters in boxing.

We have sparred and I have easily handed him, but in a real fight....he murders me. I would have zero chance other than landing a big shot which isn't easy to do when they aren't bound by the same rules I am.

He would shoot, kick and it would be over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  BTW, the most recent Ultimate Fighter show with ATT vs Blackzillians, I help train one of those fighters in boxing.
                  Alot of people don't realize how the two sports coexist. On the top levels, most (if not all) of those MMA fighters have boxing coaches. Most big name gyms have boxing coaches on staff.

My first MMA coach was boxer/kickboxer before he found BJJ in the late 80s. He was one who stressed stand up first, he taught a 'sprawl and brawl' style. He also trained pure boxers as well.

Good luck to the guy you train. If you don't mind me asking, which guy is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    LOL judo took away takedowns to emphasize throws.

it takes more skill to throw.

you can also throw from a clinch.

takedowns you have to grab legs.

don't confuse competition judo with fighting judo.

comp judo is about throws. fighting judo is about takedowns, throws and something wrestling doesn't have SUBMISSION FIGHTING.

brazilian jiu-jitsu is based on fighting judo.

What does any of this have to do with wrestling being better for actual takedowns than judo?

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Tennis isn't fighting. She's not just fighting bums, Mayweather has no chance in the cage.

She is fighting bums. Her last opponent was an accountant, someone who only took up training in her late 20's as a means of getting in shape, LOL.

He'd wreck her, as would any trained man.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Oh my god, she trains in boxing? Gee, he'd better watch out for dem hands den, LOL.

She has not been hit by any man that's trying to actually hurt her. Referencing Mayweather's supposed lack of power against seasoned professionals, actual men, is beyond ****ing ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                      X