No announcement yet.

The Reality of this Ronda Rousey/Floyd Mayweather situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I agree, and conceded that. I'm just saying that Mayweather in the cage would get beaten easily because it wouldn't just be a boxing match.

Rousey wouldn't stand there with Mayweather, the way Couture didn't stand there with Toney. She would shoot, grab and that's it. Yes, there's a chance he catches her, but it's much harder in MMA because you aren't confined to rules of just boxing.

You can set up take downs with kicks, wrestling all kinds of diversionary tactics to get an opponent down.

She's not a high caliber wrestler like Couture & Mayweather isn't a morbidly obese, punch drunk mess like Toney. She doesn't have the speed, explosiveness or the timing to catch any trained male with any sense of mobility with a low single (I have at least four years of training in judo and I doubt even I'd be able to catch Mayweather like that, and I'd molest Rousey in a pure grappling match.)

This isn't MMA vs boxing, it's woman vs man. The only chance she has of getting near Mayweather is by using the face-first rush tactics she always uses against the failed urologists, daycare workers & single moms she's been fighting, and she isn't doing that without getting caught - and being a woman, she wouldn't be able to absorb the impact of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norm Peterson View Post
      She's not a high caliber wrestler like Couture & Mayweather isn't a morbidly obese, punch drunk mess like Toney. She doesn't have the speed, explosiveness or the timing to catch any trained male with any sense of mobility with a low single (I have at least four years of training in judo and I doubt even I'd be able to catch Mayweather like that, and I'd molest Rousey in a pure grappling match.)

This isn't MMA vs boxing, it's woman vs man. The only chance she has of getting near Mayweather is by using the face-first rush tactics she always uses against the failed urologists, daycare workers & single moms she's been fighting, and she isn't doing that without getting caught - and being a woman, she wouldn't be able to absorb the impact of it.
      she's not a wrestler. she's a judoka even better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Well it's more than that. It's about experience and instincts. It would be like me getting in the ring with a Muay Thai fighter, I have no clue how to kick, elbow or anything else they do. Even with my good boxing, I would be at a serious disadvantage.

No disrespect to people that say Floyd would just KO her easy because he's a man, but they don't know what they are talking about. Like I said, BJJ works and is deadly in a real fight.
        all she has to do is put her head down and grab floyd.

she doesn't even have to throw or take him down.

just grab him and trip or pull guard.

once she grabs him it's over.

Comment

Well I disagree and I think you grossly underestimate her and overestimate what a 147lb man with zero experience in grappling or BJJ could do. Lilke I said, I grappled with a guy 50lbs less than me, and he sub'd me in a little over 2 minutes.

Of course I also have zero experience, and punches weren't involved. I just realized that day that BJJ is no fukin joke, and it really doesn't matter how much stronger I am than him. Because he just waited it out, protected himself and when I gassed a little it was over.

She would do the same IMO. Mayweather has zero chance if she grabs him.

Comment

• ppl who never grappled doesn't understand how a wrestler/bjj/judo/sambo guy who is much weaker/smaller can easily handle much bigger/stronger opponent.

especially the guys here who it seems are insecure.

don't look at it as man vs. woman.

look at it as man with no grappling exp vs. weaker man that is world class grappler.

ronda will throw him and submit him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              she's not a wrestler. she's a judoka even better.

No, it isn't. Wrestling is by far the best sport for actual takedowns. Judo is more reliant upon throws & trips, which means you have to step closer into range to actually grab a hold of your opponent in the first place.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Well I disagree and I think you grossly underestimate her and overestimate what a 147lb man with zero experience in grappling or BJJ could do. Lilke I said, I grappled with a guy 50lbs less than me, and he sub'd me in a little over 2 minutes.

Of course I also have zero experience, and punches weren't involved. I just realized that day that BJJ is no fukin joke, and it really doesn't matter how much stronger I am than him. Because he just waited it out, protected himself and when I gassed a little it was over.

She would do the same IMO. Mayweather has zero chance if she grabs him.

No, I'm just a realist. I recognise the differences between a man and woman, the huge difference in speed, strength, explosiveness & overall athleticism.

She wouldn't be able to grab a hold of him. She can't close distance against the bum accountants she's fighting without getting hit - one clip against a trained man and she's either down, out or at least in a severe state of confusion & disorientation.

Go ask the Williams sisters how trying to compete with a man worked out for them.

Comment

• This thread is all good until Floyd punches her dead in the face and she crumples to the ground.

Floyd has hurt men 15lbs bigger than him even if he hasn't concussed or KO'd them.

Imagine if Floyd hits Rousey with the punch he KO'd Ortiz with or the hook/uppercut combo he hit Cotto with?

Comment

No, it isn't. Wrestling is by far the best sport for actual takedowns. Judo is more reliant upon throws & trips, which means you have to step closer into range to actually grab a hold of your opponent in the first place.
                  LOL judo took away takedowns to emphasize throws.

it takes more skill to throw.

you can also throw from a clinch.

takedowns you have to grab legs.

don't confuse competition judo with fighting judo.

comp judo is about throws. fighting judo is about takedowns, throws and something wrestling doesn't have SUBMISSION FIGHTING.

brazilian jiu-jitsu is based on fighting judo.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    This thread is all good until Floyd punches her dead in the face and she crumples to the ground.

Floyd has hurt men 15lbs bigger than him even if he hasn't concussed or KO'd them.

Imagine if Floyd hits Rousey with the punch he KO'd Ortiz with or the hook/uppercut combo he hit Cotto with?
                    if floyd tags her it's over.

but if she grabs floyd it's over for floyd. and pac and cotto. any boxer of similar size.

Comment

No, I'm just a realist. I recognise the differences between a man and woman, the huge difference in speed, strength, explosiveness & overall athleticism.

She wouldn't be able to grab a hold of him. She can't close distance against the bum accountants she's fighting without getting hit - one clip against a trained man and she's either down, out or at least in a severe state of confusion & disorientation.

Go ask the Williams sisters how trying to compete with a man worked out for them.
                      Tennis isn't fighting. She's not just fighting bums, Mayweather has no chance in the cage.

Comment

Working...
                      X