No announcement yet.

Which team wins this?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
    it's not really my point at all, look at the 1983 76ers championship roster and tell me if that's not different from any other roster on that year
    That was your point. You said he couldn't win a championship without good players surrounding him. No player has ever done that incuding Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Stopped reading after that.
      Dr. J's legacy is not really statistics wise player, he's a flashy player which many NBA players emulated to including MJ. But if you gonna match him up against fellow NBA greats, he'll come up short. MJ, Magic & Bird took their teams and made them into dynasties, Dr.J cannot. He's a great player but overrated

That was your point. You said he couldn't win a championship without good players surrounding him. No player has ever done that incuding Jordan.
      my point is he cannot carry his team and win titles just like Magic & Bird did during the '80s. Up until he's with Moses Malone & Darryl Dawkins, he didn't win any NBA title

Comment

Dr. J's legacy is not really statistics wise player, he's a flashy player which many NBA players emulated to including MJ. But if you gonna match him up against fellow NBA greats, he'll come up short. MJ, Magic & Bird took their teams and made them into dynasties, Dr.J cannot. He's a great player but overrated

my point is he cannot carry his team and win titles just like Magic & Bird did during the '80s. Up until he's with Moses Malone & Darryl Dawkins, he didn't win any NBA title
        You could say the same thing with Jordan....up until Pippen really emerged, he didn't win ****. Until Lebron played with Bosh and Wade, he didn't win ****. Oscar Robertson never won **** until Kareem got there in Milwaukee. Kareem never won again until Magic and Worthy.

Dr J wasn't overrated. He won a title along with Malone in the toughest era of the NBA with other dynasties like the Lakers and Celtics. Was one of the premier players on his era and won an MVP in that era, and if he hadn't been in the ABA for the first 5 years of his career, his resume would likely look even better.

Oh and Dawkins wasn't on their championship team in 1983 bro.

Everyone has help. You think Magic wins those titles in the 80's without Kareem and later Worthy??? Or vice versa. You think Bird wins those titles in the 80's without Mchale and Parish???
        Last edited by 4Corners; 06-18-2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Oh really? Sure about that? He sure looked good against Magic and Kareem here. Dunked over 7 foot prime Bill Walton against Portland too.

Again, neither Magic or or Bird did it alone. Jordan either. They all played on great teams.

Last edited by joseph5620; 06-17-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            You could say the same thing with Jordan....up until Pippen really emerged, he didn't win ****. Until Lebron played with Bosh and Wade, he didn't win ****. Oscar Robertson never won **** until Kareem got there in Milwaukee. Kareem never won again until Magic and Worthy.

Dr J wasn't overrated. He won a title along with Malone and Dawkins in the toughest era of the NBA with other dynasties like the Lakers and Celtics. Was one of the premier players on his era and won an MVP in that era, and if he hadn't been in the ABA for the first 5 years of his career, his resume would likely look even better.

Everyone has help. You think Magic wins those titles in the 80's without Kareem and later Worthy??? Or vice versa. You think Bird wins those titles in the 80's without Mchale and Parish???
            i get the team aspect in winning titles but were talking about the 1983 76ers here, it is the most stacked team that year. hell he's not even the best player in that team, it's MosesMalone. Erving will be always remembered as one of the most athletic players in history but he will never be recognized with same level as MJ, Magic or Bird. Magic & Bird won as being the best player on their team and they carried them all thru the way.

Comment

Oh really? Sure about that? He sure looked good against Magic and Kareem here. Dunked over 7 foot prime Bill Walton against Portland too.

Again, neither Magic or or Bird did it alone. Jordan either. They all played on great teams.

here's Larry Bird showing Dr.j how it's done

Last edited by MaD RoBoT; 06-17-2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

here's Larry Bird showing Dr.j how it's done

Funny how you pick a video with Dr J past his prime as an example. That's probably the extent of your knowledge of Erving which explains a lot.

Should I show a video with Bird getting torched by Jordan's 63 points? Based on that game, Bird sucks.

Comment

and Dumars. i think, is a more complete player than Isiah
                  I'm a Piston fan so I'm admittedly biased towards both of them. I love Joe D -- good shooter, clutch player, and a really, REALLY good defender. In fact Michael Jordan has been on record saying that during that era (as the Bulls were trying to dethrone the Pistons), Dumars was the guy that defended him tougher than anyone in the entire league.

But Isiah, if anything to me, was/is underrated. He was by far the most talented player on that Bad Boys team. He was the general that led that team to back to back championships in what was one of the toughest eras in the history of the game. They had to breakthrough and conquer the legendary Bird led Celtics and equally legendary Magic led Lakers if you wanted a title -- and not to mention you still had to fend off a young Michael Jordan led Bulls team before you even got to Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals, or the Lakers in the Finals.

Isiah was a true, pure point guard who averaged something like 10 assists per game for his entire 13 year career (including one season where he averaged FOURTEEN dimes per game), and could also give you 20 to 25 points a night. 12 time NBA all-star, 5 time all-NBA, Finals MVP, 2 time NBA champion.

Isiah was badass. Without him they get smoked by the Celtics or Lakers, and probably even the Bulls in their back to back championship years.

Comment

I'm not a fan of putting past ATGs on modern teams, they honestly would not be able to compete with most of today's competition. They lack the size, explosiveness, lateral speed, and strength to guard most modern NBA players.

Most average NBA players today would look like ATG's against past competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      Most average NBA players today would look like ATG's against past competition.
                      You mean ATG's from like the 60's? Because I can get with that. But if you're talking the 80's/90's era...then I can't get with that.

Jordan/Dominique/Drexler/etc. were some of the most athletic players ever to grace the sport -- if you put those same guys in their prime into today's NBA, they would obliterate most of their competition just like they did in their era

Comment

Working...
                      X