Collapse
No announcement yet.

The UKIP and Farage Appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@UKBanter: #WhyImVotingUkip because a dog barked at me in the street unprovoked and I couldn't understand a word it said it needs to be deported

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      @UKBanter: #WhyImVotingUkip because a dog barked at me in the street unprovoked and I couldn't understand a word it said it needs to be deported
      Bet it was a brown dog too

Comment

UKIP :
        3.8million votes = 1 mp

SNP:
        1.5 million votes = 56 seats

Brilliant...lol

Comment

FPTP for the win!

Although I would vote for alternative voting in a heartbeat.....again.

3.8 million people have a 0.03 representation in the house of commons? Pretty undemocratic.

Would UKIP voters actually vote on electoral form? Would they know what it meant?

Anyway, Labour will be back in power next time. When the working class Tory is shitting in a bin.

Don't get sick, old, or lose your job people.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-08-2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I used to think that the 'political left' made a huge strategic blunder in refusing to adopt the anti-immigration line, given the seemingly rational argument that immigration weakened the bargaining power of the indigenous labour force.

But I studied the issue to death and there's just no credible evidence to support the notion that immigration hurts the income of the existing labour force. It seems to point in the opposite direction if anything. Every paper in a respectable peer reviewed journal said the same thing, there's just no evidence-based reason to believe that immigration is economically harmful to workers in their destination societies.

So in the absence of evidence-based opposition to immigration there's only one justification left, emotional reasons. The 'cultural' argument, traditionally put forward by the people who most vehemently oppose any promotion or funding of cultural activity in their own policies.

It would be comforting to think that the 'cultural' argument was anything more than fear driven narrow-minded bigotry, but it would also be wrong. I've never seen anyone who puts this argument forward even offer a definition of culture as they understand it, never mind provide a coherent description of what they understand as their unique 'national culture' and how exactly it is being diminished.

They simply parrot lazy stereotypes and anecdotal horseshit that wouldn't add up to an argument anywhere outside of the school yard.

If you're trying to deny other human beings the right to pursue economic advancement and a better life for their families, you should at least be able to provide an evidence-based reason as to why that should be the case. If you can't, it doesn't necessarily mean you're a racist, but it certainly means you're a ****.

Except for Nige.

Look at him. Is he having a pint or offering you one?

"This one's for you chum. It might be brown but it comes in a glass."

Comment

Comment

ahahaha........

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  The parliamentary election in the UK is according to "first past the post" system... It isn't according to the "party list" system... Didn't you know that?

Later edit: you should ask for a two-round voting system...)
                  Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Even with first past the post thats a huge discrepency bebetween votes and seats.
                  Yeah, there are issues with it for sure, much talk of reform and you can see why.

Comment

UKIP got more moes than SNP/Liberal democrats combined, didn't combine in to seats but its something to build on. well done guys who voted for them

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                      UKIP got more moes than SNP/Liberal democrats combined, didn't combine in to seats but its something to build on. well done guys who voted for them
                      The SNP are giving me university tuition for free.

It's probably the only time I've ever had politics directly affect me.

Comment

Working...
                      X