Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pianist banned from performing in Canada because she doesn't support Kiev regime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Yes, it's not the entire country.

Still, it's the most prestigious orchestra in Canada.
    Even though it's based in, and named after Hogtown.

Hey, maybe she can get a berth in the Leafs. Can't be worse than Phaneuf.

Comment

@SquealPiggy that's what I was going to say. It's not like Canada's not letting her play, it's just that one orchestra. However I do agree she should be permitted to play regardless of her beliefs. Unless she's singing some hate song (which she obviously isn't) there's no reason to "ban" her from playing.

Comment

Comment

Valentina Lisitsa is a beautiful courageous hero.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
            @SquealPiggy that's what I was going to say. It's not like Canada's not letting her play, it's just that one orchestra. However I do agree she should be permitted to play regardless of her beliefs. Unless she's singing some hate song (which she obviously isn't) there's no reason to "ban" her from playing.
            It's like any public figure though. The moment they start to embarrass the people they work for they risk getting shitcanned. I mean Mel Gibson has every right to believe wacky things about Jews but once he expresses this publicly he becomes difficult to justify hiring. Honestly I hadn't heard anything about this until she was fired, but the orchestra is within their rights to ditch somebody who makes themselves a public liability.

Comment

I applaud the group in Canada for banning this terrorist supporter. I also enjoy that Canada in general sends out a very specific signal that they don't tolerate kleptocratic dictatorships akin to North Korea.

Comment

Comment

Still good places to live, but we have gradually been losing our freedom. I can see where we're heading.
                  You support and admire Russia, but you're worried about losing your freedoms in Canada.

You and the rest of your commy comrades are the biggest hypocrites on this forum.

Comment

Her accuser has been the Kiev regime, not anyone in Canada. The Toronto Orchestra has bowed to the Kiev regime.

She simply sides with the freedom fighters in east Ukraine against the fascist regime in Kiev, and they don't like it.

Here's her twitter:

https://twitter.com/ValLisitsa

Nothing that fits that description there.
                    Didn't she say her accusers were anonymous?

I watched the video, she comes across well. Obviously not unbiased but people are allowed to have an opinion.

Looking at her twitter, she seems very anti-American.

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    It's like any public figure though. The moment they start to embarrass the people they work for they risk getting shitcanned. I mean Mel Gibson has every right to believe wacky things about Jews but once he expresses this publicly he becomes difficult to justify hiring. Honestly I hadn't heard anything about this until she was fired, but the orchestra is within their rights to ditch somebody who makes themselves a public liability.
                    I agree with this post. It's not a Canadian Government action, it's an employer seeking to avoid adverse publicity. It's harsh, but when you on record with political or even personal beliefs (Glenn Hoddle anyone?) you risk losing employment.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      Didn't she say her accusers were anonymous?

I watched the video, she comes across well. Obviously not unbiased but people are allowed to have an opinion.

Looking at her twitter, she seems very anti-American.

I agree with this post. It's not a Canadian Government action, it's an employer seeking to avoid adverse publicity. It's harsh, but when you on record with political or even personal beliefs (Glenn Hoddle anyone?) you risk losing employment.
                      Well, who would have ever thunk, eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X