Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police Kills Unarmed Homeless Dude on the Ground Justified or Not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom.
    If you watch the video, you can see they were too aggressive and didn't handle the situation wisely.
    Did you learn this in police college?

If the police had approached him more tactfully he probably wouldn't have felt so threatened. If they had followed their training protocols properly, he wouldn't have been in a position to grab the gun.
    Which protocols did they fail to follow? Be specific.

Canada also needs to do a better job of looking after our psychiatrically disabled people and we should do more for our homeless.
    Agreed.

Some people do. Let's not forget he was a homeless man who had spent 10 years in a mental hospital. The poor guy didn't have a lot of options.
    Violent robbery is never an option of last resort. It's an option of first resort for violent people.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Did you learn this in police college?
      No, but I took a course to work in hospitals with mentally ill people - I have been trained on how to restrain psychiatrically disabled people without hurting them.
      Which protocols did they fail to follow? Be specific.
      They were disorganized in their approach, and given their number should have easily restrained the homeless man if they used even the simpliest, most basic arm lock techniques.
      Violent robbery is never an option of last resort. It's an option of first resort for violent people.
      What is your source for "violent" robbery? Or did he just steal a banana from a fruit stand?

Put yourself in his position: the poor guy was sleeping on the street and was seriously mentally ill. He obviously didn't have a lot of options.

It was unnecessary for the the bullying police to attack this poor man in the first place.

Comment

respect the police, simple

dont resist
        comply

if they are wrong and you were right, you sue and will, dolla dolla bills y'all

otherwise they might shoot you

Comment

Have the officer cam videos been leaked/released?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            No, but I took a course to work in hospitals with mentally ill people - I have been trained on how to restrain psychiatrically disabled people without hurting them.
            Mentally disabled is not the same thing as mentally ill, and I'm pretty sure part of the protocols on dealing with violent mentally disturbed individuals is if the behaviour becomes too extreme then call the police.

They were disorganized in their approach, and given their number should have easily restrained the homeless man if they used even the simpliest, most basic arm lock techniques.
            I'm sure he would have felt the twinge in his arm and then given right up, clearly he was just waiting to be treated with enough respect before he became compliant.

What is your source for "violent" robbery? Or did he just steal a banana from a fruit stand?
            The police chief commenting on the video indicated that officers were in the area investigating a violent street robbery (robbery meaning a theft by use of force or threat of force) and not a banana theft. Having said that if you stole a banana and reacted to arresting officers by punching them and grabbing their firearm then you could expect the same result. In the US where they engage in a lot of car chases something like 90% of them are because of traffic offenses like driving without a license.

Put yourself in his position: the poor guy was sleeping on the street and was seriously mentally ill. He obviously didn't have a lot of options.
            Especially if you like being violent, and like physically dominating other people.

It was unnecessary for the the bullying police to attack this poor man in the first place.
            Street robbery.

Comment

Working...
            X