Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

******ed Tweet By Lennox Lewis Regarding Race in America....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
    How is what I posted selective bias. I stated some facts. Not a meme of lacking substance so that people will draw any real conclusions other then what was intended.
    That picture is definitely sample bias. You cannot complain that white murderers are arrested and black non-murderers are "murdered" while simultaneously decrying the fact that black people are over-represented in prisons. Clearly black offenders are apprehended and in large numbers.

That's why we have statistics, it's an attempt to remove our bias and clearly examine the facts.

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
    You are being narrow minded on this topic. I advise in these coming months that you spend time in black communities, places like Ferguson, and get to know the families that live there and what they have seen and have gone through. I'd really like to hear your opinion after. I think that would be beneficial for you.
    I don't think it would be beneficial to live in Ferguson. It's a depressed area with extremely high crime and poverty.

What I would like to see is a study that targets various areas and studies income, crime rate and importantly attitudes to authority. I suspect you would find that crime rate correlates strongly with income and correlates more strongly with attitudes to authority. That is to say that poverty is an obvious factor, but bringing up your kids to mistrust anybody with authority over them is greater.

But at this stage it is speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Also, why do so many republicans hate Obama? He's basically doing everything right and has gotten America to be in it's best state since the 90s. Yet people complain about a few foreign policy blunders, the 'NSA Scandal' and treatment of the press. Honestly, who gives a flying fuck.
      Are you this ignorant of basic facts? The Labor Participation Rate is the lowest it's been since the Carter years. Record numbers of Americans are on food stamps. Average household income has fallen the first 5 years of his Presidency. We have record national debt.

You have to either be completely ignorant or in total denial to say America now is in it's best state since the 1990s.

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Basically, I firmly believe that it's down to Obama being black.
      Well considering your ignorance (or outright denial) of the facts about his economic record, I can see how you would believe that.

Comment

Martin Luther King got a lot done with peaceful protests. I seriously doubt he ever shouted "Let's burn this **** down" during a rally.

On the other hand, as Al Capone said, it's easier to get something done with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word.

Maybe I'm being simplistic, but if all the protesters had jobs and had to get up early to go to work they wouldn't be up all night rioting.

FFS the unemployment rate among black teenagers is insanely high....can't our taxes pay to keep them occupied with something useful? Public works programs, cleaning streets, building roads, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          Martin Luther King got a lot done with peaceful protests. I seriously doubt he ever shouted "Let's burn this **** down" during a rally.

On the other hand, as Al Capone said, it's easier to get something done with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word.

Maybe I'm being simplistic, but if all the protesters had jobs and had to get up early to go to work they wouldn't be up all night rioting.

FFS the unemployment rate among black teenagers is insanely high....can't our taxes pay to keep them occupied with something useful? Public works programs, cleaning streets, building roads, etc?
          the goverment should hire sandra bullock and blind side michael oher style some of these knuckleheads.

i see a lot of 4:30 40 times and 45 inch vertical leaps in a lot of these riot footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
            Of course they treat them different. Who in their right mind couldn't? I feel the same way about the majority of blacks that I feel about a tatted up skinhead white dude. It's just the truth of perception. You see all these violent videos online, the statistics, etc it's impossible not to make judgements off of that. People can keep lying and say they dont, ha.

Just look at the site WSHH if you want to see a gigantic social problem with African Americans. It's insane.
            Yeah, they should be rounded up and put in a "camp" so they can concentrate.

You, would have made a good SS Officer, Herr Goebbels.

Comment

Lewis doin' some jabbin then clinchin on twitter

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  Are you this ignorant of basic facts? The Labor Participation Rate is the lowest it's been since the Carter years. Record numbers of Americans are on food stamps. Average household income has fallen the first 5 years of his Presidency. We have record national debt.

You have to either be completely ignorant or in total denial to say America now is in it's best state since the 1990s.

Well considering your ignorance (or outright denial) of the facts about his economic record, I can see how you would believe that.
                  Ah, how cute. Looking at too much Fox News?
                  It was already embarrassingly low when he took over - only guys like you do not understand the way an economy works and expect a guy to wave a magic wand in order to fix everything.

Let's forget about the long-term unemployment benefits, increase in minimum wage, healthcare et al that Obama has done for the sliding citizens of America and focus on a bit of a decline on something that had already been on a steady downward spiral since the Clinton administration.

Sounds like something Bill O'reilly would say, right?

In fact, what really affected the decline in participation rate was a mass-retirement for an age-group very important to the American economy, hence leading the participation rate to fall since 1999 - as it was even projected then. In other words, there's nothing we can do about it as it will keep falling until 2020 roughly.

Does this mean Obama is completely free from guilt? No. But similarly to what you're saying now could equally be said for George Bush in his presidency. Correct? Yes. The biggest contributor is a demographic one. It seems only republicans are adverse to realising and accepting this. Because it's Obama! "They dook o dob!".

You have to appreciate that in a time of recession people entering the work force has sharply changed. In fact, it makes sense as people are spending more time getting an education than jumping straight into work.

And of course, Obama took over a country in the middle of the worst recession it's seen in probably 70 years.

But anyways, I'm ignorant. I have only covered politics as a journalist for more than half a decade.

Comment

Guess nothing more needs to be said.

Comment

The things British people believe about the US are often obscene because their only exposure is the heavily left-leaning news stations and Hollywood dramas.

Explaining to them that it's much more dangerous to be white in a black area in the US than it is to be black anywhere and that the statistically safest place for a black person is a white area is mind-boggling to them. Show them the rape and murder rates and they say it must be a CIA inside job. Ask them why Asians have been so successful in the US if "white supremacy" is holding the black man down and honestly they will probably just throw things and scream over your voice.

The same obvious things the media does by concentrating on the extremely rare but "juicy" white on black crimes while ignoring tens of thousands of black on white crimes, which is pretty common knowledge in the US, go over the heads of many foreigners. They don't understand it's about juicy ratings, they think what TV shows is an accurate portrayal of life in the US.

They were raised watching movies about big white perverted cowboys whipping and molesting everyone, with blacks being lost confused poor victims I guess.

Then again who am I to talk, I'm from the middle east and their ideas of what America is like over there are just as crazy. They think if a Muslim walks around in the US random guys in a pickup truck will come tear the women's clothes off to make her into sleazy western whore and beat then men to death unless they accept Jesus.

I have relatives in both countries and sometimes it's embarrassing hearing their misconceptions.

Humans are so subject to their TV sets and tabloid papers nowadays it's hopelessly sad. You eventually just sit back and watch idiots destroy themselves with their paranoia.
                      Last edited by ////; 11-27-2014, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X