No announcement yet.

Another cop shoots an innocent, unnarmed man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    Majority of the time the person driving is the name they pull off the plate. So your assertion that, "they first have to approach a complete stranger," is ridiculous. You make it seem like they're potentially pulling over some member of los zetas every time.

the majority of the time is not all of the time. it only takes one bullet in the head to ruin your day.

you're talking about risking your life. there's too much at stake to not be cautious, and approach everybody with caution.

i can't see how anybody wouldn't find a measure of caution acceptable.

is it OK for cops to kill people? obviously not. should there be reform if this problem becomes epidemic? of course. you will never get police, who deal with people and situations that you do not, to risk their lives unnecessarily.

Comment

Majority of the time the person driving is the name they pull off the plate. So your assertion that, "they first have to approach a complete stranger," is ridiculous. You make it seem like they're potentially pulling over some member of los zetas every time.
      No, my assertion is true. They don't know if the person driving is the registered owner until they approach the person. It matters not if that is the case a majority of the time, it only takes once for a violent situation to happen.

And no, I didn't make it seem like anything. What I said is what I meant. And it was true. Until the cop gets the ID from the person and runs it through the computer, he doesn't know who exactly he is dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        No, my assertion is true. They don't know if the person driving is the registered owner until they approach the person. It matters not if that is the case a majority of the time, it only takes once for a violent situation to happen.

And no, I didn't make it seem like anything. What I said is what I meant. And it was true. Until the cop gets the ID from the person and runs it through the computer, he doesn't know who exactly he is dealing with.
        Better shoot 'em first, just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          the majority of the time is not all of the time. it only takes one bullet in the head to ruin your day.

you're talking about risking your life. there's too much at stake to not be cautious, and approach everybody with caution.

i can't see how anybody wouldn't find a measure of caution acceptable.

is it OK for cops to kill people? obviously not. should there be reform if this problem becomes epidemic? of course. you will never get police, who deal with people and situations that you do not, to risk their lives unnecessarily.
          I'm all for caution nephew. I cut the tension immediately when I'm pulled over by calling the cop "buddy" that quickly lets them know I'm no threat despite my ms 13 appearance. Caution yes, finger on the trigger, no, unfortunately cops are getting worse as evidenced by their militarized vehicles. It speaks to their mentality.

Comment

I'm all for caution nephew. I cut the tension immediately when I'm pulled over by calling the cop "buddy" that quickly lets them know I'm no threat despite my ms 13 appearance. Caution yes, finger on the trigger, no, unfortunately cops are getting worse as evidenced by their militarized vehicles. It speaks to their mentality.

i'd have to look at the numbers to see if cops are doing worse. that's my 200grand education at work, unc.

what is partially responsible for the increased perception that cops are becoming excessively violent is the HD cell phone camera.

nobody was filming police oversteppig their bounds 10 years ago. today, you have to pull your phone out of your pocket and hit a button. the quality of the video is high, and phones are cheap enough that the majority of people, even in poor areas, have access to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              They are not all the same, I'm just not taking any chances brother. The training has to be the problem.
              I get stopped for truck inspection at least once a month or I have to stop in the inspection spot, I keep all my paper work at arms reach, meaning I don't need to lean over or look inside the glove compartment, I usually wait for the state trooper (7 foot tall terminator looking mofo) to approach the truck before I move my hands from the top of my steering wheel, I act polite and "yes sir" thru out the inspection

I can't remember the last time I got stopped in my personal vehicle ( cause I'm such a good boy or is it the FOP badge on my front windshield )

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                I get stopped for truck inspection at least once a month or I have to stop in the inspection spot, I keep all my paper work at arms reach, meaning I don't need to lean over or look inside the glove compartment, I usually wait for the state trooper (7 foot tall terminator looking mofo) to approach the truck before I move my hands from the top of my steering wheel, I act polite and "yes sir" thru out the inspection

I can't remember the last time I got stopped in my personal vehicle ( cause I'm such a good boy or is it the FOP badge on my front windshield )

i've got a brand new truck [45 k miles now, but it's brand new in truck terms, and i bought it new,] and they never stop me or my guys. i roll right through the weigh stations. they've asked me for paperwork once, and most of those miles on the truck are me. i'm in a small truck by commercial standards. under 26000 gross, 16 foot box built on the back.

i'm sure you've got hazmat decals, etc. i don't deal with any of that. i ship labels, paper products, and packaging material.

i've got 2 part time drivers now, BTW. moving up in the world.

Comment

i've got a brand new truck [45 k miles now, but it's brand new in truck terms, and i bought it new,] and they never stop me or my guys. i roll right through the weigh stations. they've asked me for paperwork once, and most of those miles on the truck are me. i'm in a small truck by commercial standards. under 26000 gross, 16 foot box built on the back.

i'm sure you've got hazmat decals, etc. i don't deal with any of that. i ship labels, paper products, and packaging material.

I carry tanks of oxygen and tanks of liquid oxygen, my shipping log has to be on point, fire extinguishers, triangles etc

an empty extinguisher in my truck equals a fine of 3k

Comment

Your uncle is thinking of relocating and could use a job, hook a brotha up.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                      I carry tanks of oxygen and tanks of liquid oxygen, my shipping log has to be on point, fire extinguishers, triangles etc

an empty extinguisher in my truck equals a fine of 3k

i have to get my truck inspected once a year by staties, and i go through a safety audit / interview ever 18 months. i did my first in august. i had to put a lot together, but the interview is a piece of cake.

my truck is subject obviously to search and inspection, but, knock on wood, it's never been an issue. i'm going to check my extinguisher tomorrow now doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X