No announcement yet.

Michael Blair Video released Police shoot and kill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
    Straight execution. These clowns arent trained how to put some one down with non lethal force ffs. Protect and Serve not Intimidate, Murder and Bully.

YOU WORK FOR US.

"putting somebody down" nonlethally works in movies only. it's not reasonable to ask a cop to do that. they shoot for the center of gravity. it's not explicitly designed to kill. it's explicitly designed to stop threats.

shooting the leg of soembody charging you with a knife is reasonable only in movies. the police unions will never agree to training cops to do that. it will lead to them being killed.

the kid was evidently refusing to drop a knife. the only reason you refuse to drop a knife is to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
      My main issue with your college education argument is firstly, having a college education does not mean you're intelligent and can handle real life situations. Secondly, you assume a lot of things and unless I've missed it, don't have statistics to back your claims up. Is there any evidence that police officers with a college education have less complaints/act better?

I'd also state that no level of education can account for adrenaline, a bad mental state or pure panic, or just having a crappy day, that results in bad decisions being made.
      Beautiful Post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        "putting somebody down" nonlethally works in movies only. it's not reasonable to ask a cop to do that. they shoot for the center of gravity. it's not explicitly designed to kill. it's explicitly designed to stop threats.

shooting the leg of soembody charging you with a knife is reasonable only in movies. the police unions will never agree to training cops to do that. it will lead to them being killed.

the kid was evidently refusing to drop a knife. the only reason you refuse to drop a knife is to use it.
        Not necessarily when you're in an emotional state of mind. When you're emotional you aren't willing to listen to commands, or demands rather, from some cop who treats like you like a second rate citizen. Before cops take a life, they should actually consider if the individual is in an emotional state and just causing a scene, or if he's actually going to use the knife. It's like those people who climb a bridge just to bring attention to themselves, but really have no intentions of jumping.

Comment

Absolutely shocking police work, terrible, ******ed. Clearly the guy wasn't in the right state of mind to be taking orders like that. If someone's in that kind of emotional state threatening to hurt themselves or kill them selves with a knife, surely the last thing you'd do is scream at them and threaten to shoot them. It's common sense ffs.

And then of course the shooting, the guy was going down after the first or second shot and the cop shot him another 9 times whilst he was down, overkill or what, **** me. Again no common sense. Panicky, dumb, pair of ******* aren't they. Protect and serve, to protect and serve themselves more like. SMH

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
              My main issue with your college education argument is firstly, having a college education does not mean you're intelligent and can handle real life situations. Secondly, you assume a lot of things and unless I've missed it, don't have statistics to back your claims up. Is there any evidence that police officers with a college education have less complaints/act better?

I'd also state that no level of education can account for adrenaline, a bad mental state or pure panic, or just having a crappy day, that results in bad decisions being made.
              you missed it, i had even posted an article to a real life arlington police chief who whole heartely supports a 4 year college education requirement as they have had a 4 year college education requirement is place since 2000 with assitant chief and above requiring a masters.

studies have been done since the turn of the centry that show the only thing an uneducated police officer can do better than an educated one is not think and drive a car.

government funded studies in the 70's and 80' loads of studies, just takes a second to google it.

its really not so much even intelligence, its 4 years of interacting with people from all walks of life and the life lessons learned.

if you are a good cop looking to improve the police, you would support the phasing in of a 4 year college requirement.
              Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 08-29-2014, 04:13 PM.

Comment

It appears that he did all he can do. But unloading that many times was a little much!

Comment

Research on psychiatric epidemiology shows that mental disorders are common throughout the United States, affecting tens of millions of people each year.
                  http://www.nimh.nih.gov/statistics/index.shtml
                  As long as society chooses to send untrained cowboys to deal with these people this will be a common occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                    you missed it, i had even posted an article to a real life arlington police chief who whole heartely supports a 4 year college education requirement as they have had a 4 year college education requirement is place since 2000 with assitant chief and above requiring a masters.
                    Congrats to that 1 police officer on simply his opinion.
                    studies have been done since the turn of the centry that show the only thing an uneducated police officer can do better than an educated one is not think and drive a car.

government funded studies in the 70's and 80' loads of studies, just takes a second to google it.

its really not so much even intelligence, its 4 years of interacting with people from all walks of life and the life lessons learned.

if you are a good cop looking to improve the police, you would support the phasing in of a 4 year college requirement.
                    You took all if this time to write this post (many times in other threads as well), yet you couldnt post statistics and research to back it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                      Im all for police accountability but that might not be so black and white. What I would love to see is more disarming through non lethal arms and frankly some hand to hand combat. Some basic judo or jiu-jitsu could have resolved that entire situation with out loss of life.
                      Or maybe they can set bear traps around him

Comment

Working...
                      X