Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Blair Video released Police shoot and kill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was obviously just trying to hand the knife to the nice officer so that the officer could keep it safe for him.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      He was obviously just trying to hand the knife to the nice officer so that the officer could keep it safe for him.

I don't know what these folks expect the cop to do. This is one of those cases that's just unfortunate. Someone coming at you with a knife in such a confined space is going to result in you defending yourself and then some.

Comment

cop antognizes the situation if anything, he is not there to keep a person from hurting themselfs, he is there to arrest a person trying to hurt themselfs, he is there to put some one in jail. Id be interested in finding out if any of these officers had a college education.This is on par with the elderly man who refused to take his medication so an officer killed him with a bean bag gun. this is not how an educated person would approach some one threatening to harm or kill themselfs.

Comment

Biggest gang in America

Comment

who set up the cam?
            is it a hidden cam?

Comment

If someone is charging at you with a knife you shoot to kill. Society is taking this Brown situation and starting to be irrational. OK so maybe he didn't have to empty his clip in him.

I'd like to think the cops could have tried harder to talk the victim out of harming himself before being so aggressive. But ultimately the outrage here is from the man being killed. They warned him several times to drop the knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                cop antognizes the situation if anything, he is not there to keep a person from hurting themselfs, he is there to arrest a person trying to hurt themselfs, he is there to put some one in jail. Id be interested in finding out if any of these officers had a college education.This is on par with the elderly man who refused to take his medication so an officer killed him with a bean bag gun. this is not how an educated person would approach some one threatening to harm or kill themselfs.
                My main issue with your college education argument is firstly, having a college education does not mean you're intelligent and can handle real life situations. Secondly, you assume a lot of things and unless I've missed it, don't have statistics to back your claims up. Is there any evidence that police officers with a college education have less complaints/act better?

I'd also state that no level of education can account for adrenaline, a bad mental state or pure panic, or just having a crappy day, that results in bad decisions being made.

Comment

Im all for police accountability but that might not be so black and white. What I would love to see is more disarming through non lethal arms and frankly some hand to hand combat. Some basic judo or jiu-jitsu could have resolved that entire situation with out loss of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    Im all for police accountability but that might not be so black and white. What I would love to see is more disarming through non lethal arms and frankly some hand to hand combat. Some basic judo or jiu-jitsu could have resolved that entire situation with out loss of life.
                    Have you ever faced someone attacking you with a knife with intent to kill? No basic martial arts skill is going to protect you, and to make a police officer rely on a martial art with the punishment for failure being his life is irrational.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                      As for the cop antagonizing the situation. He didn't seem to approach this calmly but when dealing with someone threatening violence on themselves then I doubt they are in the position to be talked out of it. I'm assuming the cops decided what approach they were going to take and wanted to make him submit via fear and intimidation. If they went in without a plan and then this happened, then they are at fault.

Comment

Working...
                      X