No announcement yet.

Michael Blair Video released Police shoot and kill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Blair Video released Police shoot and kill

In the last seconds of the video, Blair - holding a knife but already struck several times by a stun gun - appears to stumble toward the deputy standing in the bathroom doorway at the family's Rosenberg-area home.
    The deputy shouts for the man to stop, then begins firing.
    The video appears to show the deputy continuing to shoot almost a dozen times, the pistol following Blair as he collapses to the floor.
    Anguished screams from family members can be heard as they are hustled out of the home.
    Community activist Quanell X on Wednesday called the shooting "nothing less than a cold-blooded execution."
    Blair's family gave the video to the Houston media and said they intended to hand over a copy to the U.S. Attorney's Office.
    It was never provided to local investigators, so was not taken into account by a Fort Bend County grand jury that declined to issue an indictment in the case.
    A Fort Bend County Sheriff's official said the department could not comment on something it hasn't seen.
    "We consider it evidence and it needs to be turned over to the proper authorities," said sheriff's spokesman Bob Haenel.
    The deputy, an 11-year veteran, was sent to the home in the 7000 block of Dawn Bloom on Nov. 4, because Blair had locked himself in a bathroom and was threatening to harm himself, officials said.
    Blair's family said they called 911 only after several hospitals told them that was the proper course in the case of someone who was possibly suicidal.
    "All this family wanted was somebody to help. This young man did not have to die," the activist said, standing outside the U.S. Attorney's Office in downtown Houston.

Very sad all round

Comment

These police officers are ****in savages. But this has been happening for ever just in this age of social media and cameras everywhere we see it more often now.

****in piece of **** cowardly pigs.

Comment

It's really hard to see what happens in the video. I know he said he lunged at him with a knife, but it's hard to tell.

I just wonder if there's anything they could have done to prevent that. I know they tazed him a few times, but it's like he kept kicking the door in and antagonizing the situation.

Would it have been better to leave and allow a negotiator to come in? I don't know but damn, that looked like murder to me.

Comment

Straight execution. These clowns arent trained how to put some one down with non lethal force ffs. Protect and Serve not Intimidate, Murder and Bully.

YOU WORK FOR US.

Comment

So police were called to help someone not to kill himself and they end up killing that person?

I'm lost for words.

Obviously with a guy acting that frantically , better approach would be a negotiator

As for the cop, horrific judgement by a trigger happy ******.

Once you shoot a person once, he's not gonna keep rushing at you with a knife.

The other cop is just a straight coward also. Runs away holding a taser just before his fellow idiot fired.
            Last edited by jas; 08-29-2014, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              So police were called to help someone not to kill himself and they end up killing that person?

I'm lost for words.

Obviously with a guy acting that frantically , better approach would be a negotiator

The other cop is just a straight coward also. Runs away holding a taser just before his fellow idiot fired.
              He fires so many shots in him when he's on the floor, that's another disturbing thing.

It's "pop.......pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop,pop, pop,pop,pop"

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
                These police officers are ****in savages. But this has been happening for ever just in this age of social media and cameras everywhere we see it more often now.

****in piece of **** cowardly pigs.
                Stupid street trash. You come at me with a knife, you're going to get shot. You are threatening my life, I'm going to take yours instead of giving you a chance to take mine. Dude was on the tub and decided to get up and attack after numerous times to drop it.

If it were to be videos of black cops shooting black guys, you dudes wouldn't be saying ****.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

I'm lost for words.

That type of mentality is what gets you killed.

Obviously you dudes never been in a life threatening situation to understand what goes through your head.

Comment

The guy moves towards him with a knife. He gets shot. I mean it seems a natural progression. The amount of bullets was the issue here. Perhaps he could have been saved if the cop didn't load into him while he was down. That is my problem with this clip.

It was obviously a very sense situation and the police officer panicked. To call this an execution is delusional. I'd also argue (playing devil's advocate a bit here) that as he's falling and after he has fallen, that the victim is mere feet away from the officer and could still do damage assuming he had not let go of his weapon. I still think the policeman was at fault here, but a fault that despite not being excusable, does not warrant him being called a murderer or evil or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                    X