No announcement yet.

Israeli ground forces enter Gaza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    hahaha were the kids on the beach human shields too? that excuse is getting old.

and what about the palestinians who were told to go to a safe zone by israelis only to have that area bombed by the israelis??? human shields too?

i'm done arguing with you. i can only pray you will wake up and realize how wrong you are.
    Mistakes happen, this is a tragedy of war and conflict, you cant be 100% accurate or correct. Just ask Hamas who simply firing hundreds of rockets into israel, hoping to kill anyone, a war crime

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      you are wrong. good day.
      That's all i get?

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Mistakes happen, this is a tragedy of war and conflict, you cant be 100% accurate or correct. Just ask Hamas who simply firing hundreds of rockets into israel, hoping to kill anyone, a war crime
        Surely if you're firing missiles you should be more than 30% accurate though? If it's a war crime to fire a missile and hope you kill a civilian, what is it when you know that the majority of the people you're killing are civilians and yet you continue to fire anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kulilin View Post
          Surely if you're firing missiles you should be more than 30% accurate though? If it's a war crime to fire a missile and hope you kill a civilian, what is it when you know that the majority of the people you're killing are civilians and yet you continue to fire anyway?
          accuracy has nothing to do with not killing civilians.

military weapons are designed to hit their targets.

whether there are civilians near/at the target is a separate issue.

there is no weapon that can distinguish between civilians or combatant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
            John Sheehan @dogstar7tweets
            Israeli casualties: 98% uniformed combatants
            Palestinian casualties: 80% non-combatant
            You do the ethical math.
            that's more a military equation than ethical one.

palestinians are totally overmatched militarily.

the firepower disparity is so large that palestinians can't kill civilians even when they try and israeli's can't avoid it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
              John Sheehan @dogstar7tweets
              Israeli casualties: 98% uniformed combatants
              Palestinian casualties: 80% non-combatant
              You do the ethical math.
              also if john sheehan had any knowledge, he'd realize that there are few israeli civilians in gaza to get killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                accuracy has nothing to do with not killing civilians.

military weapons are designed to hit their targets.

whether there are civilians near/at the target is a separate issue.

there is no weapon that can distinguish between civilians or combatant.
                I was only responding to his use of the word accurate and I was too lazy to add his second term of correct. I wasnt implying defect of the weapons being used only that they're aware of the percentage of civilians being killed and they continued to fire them. Collateral damage is one thing but when 2/3 of the people you're killing are non combatants your inefficiency is beyond anything that should be allowed in modern war.

Comment

Fighting from the civilian pop is a war crime, and deaths resulting from that makes Hamas culpable for their deaths.

Comment

I was only responding to his use of the word accurate and I was too lazy to add his second term of correct. I wasnt implying defect of the weapons being used only that they're aware of the percentage of civilians being killed and they continued to fire them. Collateral damage is one thing but when 2/3 of the people you're killing are non combatants your inefficiency is beyond anything that should be allowed in modern war.
                    Then Hamas needs to stop fighting from Civilian populations, and also start wearing insignia. They want people to die for their cause. Not fighting back because the enemy is hiding behind women and children sets a bad precedent, as bad as it sounds. There's rules for engagement in conflict, and when combatants want and hope for their civilians to die, these kinds of things happen

Comment

urban combat is always messy. look at us/uk in iraq in comparison to afghanistan. there were less civilian deaths in afghanistan because afghanis fought in mountain areas whereas iraqi insurgents fought in towns and cities.

israeli pov is hamas fights in civilian areas.

in hamas defense, they wouldn't last one second outside of civilian areas. idf aircraft and artillery will chew them up.

Comment

Working...
                      X