No announcement yet.

Malaysian airline goes down in Ukraine, all 295 dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
    Sounds dodgy and dirty as anything, seems like they've had this done deliberately to take off the steam from the Gaza situation on the news,

Worst thing about it is? **** all will be done. You heard it nothing at all wtf do the US have to gain from this? Nothing, its simply a barbaric act of murder that has left 298 innocent people dead for the distraction of war crimes taking place in the middle east.

They won't Saddam Hussain that location or send anyone in to keep the peace because
    A. USA won't stick their fingers where Mr Putin is they know better
    B. No personal gain whatsoever i.e oil, lithium etc
    You really want to blame the US for this? Crazy talk. The world doesn't revolve around a tiny strip of land in the Middle East.

Originally posted by George Orwell View Post
    Russia took the black box from the site and took it to Moscow. Trying desperately to cover this up?
    Probably, but it's too late. These guys went on social media boasting about it before they realised it was a passenger plane. They've been recorded too.

Originally posted by VasyLomachenko View Post
    why would anyone fly in the warzone in ukraine?/ stupid pilot
    Don't blame the pilot, the route was approved.

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
    Why the **** wasn't there a no-fly zone declared over Ukraine? Ridiculous.
    Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      they're a loose cannon when you compare them to other world superpowers.
      Vietnam, Iraq 1990, Iraq 2003...

Comment

• Originally posted by takingaim View Post
        Vietnam, Iraq 1990, Iraq 2003...
        Hungary 1956
        Czechoslovakia 1968
        Afghanistan 1979
        Georgia 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          Hungary 1956
          Czechoslovakia 1968
          Afghanistan 1979
          Georgia 2008
          All of them but Afghanistan were small time compared to the devastation the USA has been responsible for.

And Georgia attacked South Ossetia, Russia came to its defence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
            Kiev deployed powerful anti-air systems to E. Ukraine ahead of the Malaysian plane crash

http://rt.com/news/173636-buk-malaysian-plane-crash/
            I'm in favour of "Russian" areas of East Ukraine joining the motherland (democratically) but this was the work of separatists. They were caught red-handed and no amount of propaganda from RT will change that.

It sounds like it was an accident, but that's obviously of no solace to the relatives of the families of the victims, and of course the victims themselves who no longer have their lives.

Comment

All of them but Afghanistan were small time compared to the devastation the USA has been responsible for.

So it's ok to attack another country if it's "small time". So you can invade
              another country just a little bit. That's fine.

I believe if you asked Czechoslovakians (of that day and age) if the invasion was ok because it was "small time" you may get an answer that you don't want to hear.

South Ossetia claiming to need help is like Detroit asking Canada to occupy
              downtown.

May I assume the US invading Granada was ok because it was "small time"?

Your bias is obvious. International borders mean nothing. Why bother making maps, in that case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I'm in favour of "Russian" areas of East Ukraine joining the motherland (democratically).
                I'm sorry man, but much of South Western Russia always was historically ethnically Ukrainian land. So I'm not sure what you mean here. Crimea was always Tatar, but much of what borders Eastern Ukraine was always ethnically Ukrainian. There are no "Russian" areas of Ukraine. There are people who speak the Russian language who are Ukrainian, because of centuries of oppression. Its a language that they are comfortable speaking, not some kind of ethnic identifier.

I come from a Russian speaking family, that in no way makes me Russian, in fact I come from Western Ukraine where I speak Russian at home.

This is the equivalent of saying, the Kuban region of Russia should become, "democratically" Ukrainian territory, since its historically and ethnically the most Ukrainian territory of Russia, in fact it's more ethnically Ukrainian today, then any Ukrainian territory is ethnically Russian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraini...Ukrainians.jpg
                Last edited by Banderivets; 07-18-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Georgia was protecting its territorial sovereignty. Much like Ukraine is today. Same scenario...Russia creates an artificial conflict and comes to the aid of the suffering people of Ossetia. Look at Ossetia today....

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                    I'm sorry man, but much of South Western Russia always was historically ethnically Ukrainian land. So I'm not sure what you mean here. Crimea was always Tatar, but much of what borders Eastern Ukraine was always ethnically Ukrainian. There are no "Russian" areas of Ukraine. There are people who speak the Russian language who are Ukrainian, because of centuries of oppression. Its a language that they are comfortable speaking, not some kind of ethnic identifier.

I come from a Russian speaking family, that in no way makes me Russian, in fact I come from Western Ukraine where I speak Russian at home.

This is the equivalent of saying, the Kuban region of Russia should become, "democratically" Ukrainian territory, since its historically and ethnically the most Ukrainian territory of Russia, in fact it's more ethnically Ukrainian today, then any Ukrainian territory is ethnically Russian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraini...Ukrainians.jpg
                    Note the word "democratically". If these regions vote to become part of Russia in elections, then imo that's how it should go. Otherwise Ukraine is going to be dealing with terrorists and civil unrest for decades.

Comment

• Supposed leader of pro-Russian separatists arrives at crash site:

Comment

Working...
                      X