No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Any suggestions for investments that can be counted on to provide a constant source of extra income now?

As opposed to having to wait until one is old and wrinkly to enjoy it?
    There is investments that are primarily focused on cash distribution/income.

REITs, bond funds, Closed end funds, and high dividend payers like utilities and energy stocks. These can pay 5-15% annually in yield. Some of these are monthly payers, while most are quarterly.

Stuff like that makes up about 20% of my portfolio. I just keep reinvesting the cash payouts and letting it snowball til retirement. Then I can turn off the dividend reinvestment, and just start pocketing the payouts.

Myself- I hold
    SRET- global reit index etf, monthly payer, about 8%

SPHD- high yield, low volatility etf, monthly payer, holds the standard slow moving, high paying companies like AT&T, coke, Pepsi, waste management, etc

SACH- very small, micro cap Reit company that I discovered about 2 years ago. Has a massive yield of 10-15% a year. Closer to 10% now as more and more investors are discovering this hidden gem and price has gone from $4 to 4.50 so yield has dropped to around 10%. Pays quarterly

SPYD- dividend index, holds reits, energy, etc

OXLC- Closed end fund, they are a monthly payer and distribute about 12-16% yield. These guys are make or buy loans that have interest of about 20%, so that cash from the loans, they use to fund company and distribute the rest to investors.

Those are the main ones I use, though I have sold all my OXLC about a month ago

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Thank you........
      No problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Here is a great article about Uber/lyft IPOs

https://seekingalpha.com/article/426...-wrong-reasons
        JimRaynor, read this article.

Comment

Musk is brilliant but horrible CEO.

Incredibly mismanaged company. I have no doubt they lie about numbers over the summer.

In the “Jenner rips Snapchat” thread from earlier this year I broke down how Tesla was ****ed up and a horrible investment at this time.
          I made nice money flipping OTM $300 puts.
          Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          Here in Cali people line up for blocks to our money down on their cars. Tesla’s are every where here. They will be just fine.
          Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          That has no bearing on the company’s financials or as an investment.

Retail investors fall for the hype, and buying at 320,340,360,384. And now it’s 300 and dropping.

And then retail investors claim it’s rigged

Numbers don’t lie, hype does
          More bad news about Tesla

And now the CFO, who has only been there a month has resigned. So that’s 2 CFOs this year that have resigned from Tesla. Stock down 5% premarket

Told y’all Elon cooking them books.
          And now the head of HR for Tesla has resigned..

Lmao
          Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          i would buy Boeing now.
          Boeing still too pricey, I’m going to wait till earnings get impacted in future quarters before pulling trigger.

This thing is going to cost tens of billions and a lot of that won’t be covered by insurance.

This will weight down earnings for awhile.

Disney is a long term bet, once they go full into streaming the stock will pop.
          Im a long time holder of disney, but gobbled up shares recently when it was in the low 90s.
          I doubt it goes below 100 unless trump says some shyt that will spook the market for a day or so.

For the past 2 months or so, whenever the market gets spooked and sells off, I BUY BUY BUY.
          You aren't going to get a full scale market crash with company fundamentals as healthy as they are so buy these stupid dips when the market is stupid.
          Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          If that was my goal, why would I tell you and here I was thinking we were making grounds on respecting each other.

Remember the story of the monkey doing better at the stock markets than experts:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rickfer.../#1f86d093630a

So knowing that story and knowing that luck plays a role in the stock market gains, how could I turn around and laugh ta you. Unexpected shocks will occur at sometime.

Gimme more credit than that, Ali. I guess you can't see past me being a broke man.

I tried to warn you guys about Tesla, now at $188, huge drop from $300-350 when I told everyone to run for the hills.

Warned you about jumping to early in Boeing

Told you buy the **** out of Disney before the streaming hype starts.

Comment

I tried to warn you guys about Tesla, now at $188, huge drop from $300-350 when I told everyone to run for the hills.

Nah. Boeing hit $400 about a week and half after that post of mine.

Anyway i am focusing on local. About to double my money by next week because of this iPO.

Wigton Windfarm Limited in Manchester is now listed on the Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE) – the world’s best-performing stock market.

The listing, which took place today (May 22), followed the success of the company’s initial public offering (IPO), which saw some 31,200 Jamaicans taking up the opportunity to own 11 billion shares in the company.

The offer was oversubscribed as the IPO generated some $14 billion. Each share was sold for 50 cents.

A total of 11,772 Jamaicans or 38 per cent are new investors on the country’s stock market.

Wigton Windfarm is the 82nd company to be listed on the JSE combined market and will trade under the symbol WIG.
            https://jis.gov.jm/wigton-windfarm-n...tock-exchange/

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Nah. Boeing hit $400 about a week and half after that post of mine.

Anyway i am focusing on local. About to double my money by next week because of this iPO.

https://jis.gov.jm/wigton-windfarm-n...tock-exchange/
              And Boeing is now well below that.

Like I said, gets closer to 300, then it becomes a buy

Comment

And Boeing is now well below that.

Like I said, gets closer to 300, then it becomes a buy
                Doubt it hit that low.

Comment

Oh no!!!!!

Come on man. Tesla isnt going anywhere. All single stocks go way up and way down. Nature of the beast. That why I don’t invest in single stocks. It’s nuts to do.

Comment

• Impart your wisdom on me SAA. What should I do with my money now

Comment

I admire the f.#ck out of Elon Musk - he's an inventor, an innovator and visionary but I have stayed away from Telsa stock because of its unpredictability, volatility and dysfunctional/quirky management.

I'm rooting for Telsa and hope they succeed bigtime but I don't have the risk tolerance for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X