Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitcoin at 19k, remember when people used to claim it was protection against a recession?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post

If I were to buy them, yes...but I wouldn't just yet...or anything at the moment.

https://www.kitco.com/commentaries/2...king-down.html

Watch the video I posted above...it will be the best 37 minute invested if you want to understand what is going on...it's a MUST-WATCH if you are going to be an investor. I am admittedly far from an expert, but guys like him are, and I try to form my opinions from those who know much more than me. He seems to be right on the money, and I pulled out of the market when many of the top pros like him were talking about the present day several months ago, and doing so has saved me a lot of money. When the dust settles, there will be numerous and safer opportunities to make very large profits again in value stocks.
      Bitcoin down 11k since I said buy the dip.

Comment

• Maybe Bitcoin will get below 10,000 again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Bitcoin at 19k, remember when people used to claim it was protection against a recession?
          Bitcoin is f**ked, the government is coming hard after dat a$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post

Bitcoin down 11k since I said buy the dip.
            Like 40% down…$17,967 right now...was 17,816 earlier. It's a disaster for many people and probably getting worse. My feeling was if it went below 20K it would be all over.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Maybe Bitcoin will get below 10,000 again.
              Could very well happen next week.

Comment

• If you're considering buying the dip...think about this. Could be a bit of a wait before your dip purchase breaks even.

How Long Does it Take For Stocks to Bottom in a Bear Market?

This is every bear market since WWII along with the number of months they lasted peak-to-trough and then how long it took to make your money back from the bottom:

Screenshot-2022-06-17-124633.png

Now that we’re in a bear market (officially as of the close on Monday), we can ask a different question:

How much longer do bear markets last once stocks are already down 20%?

This is a look at how long it has taken for the market to reach the 20% drawdown threshold and then how long it took to reach the bottom:

Screenshot-2022-06-18-103230.png

The good news is it typically takes much longer to reach 20% losses than the bottom, which makes sense when you consider not every bear market goes to the extremes.

The best-case bear market scenarios would be the 1948-49 and 1957 downturns that hit 20% losses and immediately bottomed.

The good news here is that 7 out of the last 12 bear markets have bottomed in 46 days or less once the 20% level was breached. And 5 out of the 12 were over in a month or less.

The other side would be 1973-74 which took 10 months to bottom once the bear took hold. The 2000-2002 crash took nearly 19 months until the nadir. The 2009 bottom was 8 months later.

So how long has it taken to breakeven once stocks are down 20%?

Screenshot-2022-06-18-105221.png

Now we’re looking at just over 2 years to make back your losses.

The bad news is this bear market could fall even further.

https://awealthofcommonsense.com/202...a-bear-market/

Comment

• Dow keeps free falling. Smh at Larry always with the dumb ass comment “the president doesn’t affect my life”

Comment

• What a ride .

Down over $10,000 on Wednesday. Up over $25,000 since. Still down a lot for the year but I'll take it.

Comment

Working...
                    X