• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    What ya into?

Stocks, real estate, boats?

BostonGuy

Anyone interested in any of these Weed stocks? I watch them every day, bit of a rollercoaster.
    I have rental property that is generates positive cash flow and tax loss. I bought it back in 2012 before real estate values started rising. Now, I'm totally priced out of the market.

Right now, I'm investing in individual stocks - the risk is much higher, than investing in a mutual or index fund - but the reward is also higher.

If you have an excess cash, right now may be a good time to buy some of the tech stocks that got beaten down this month - Amazon, Google, Apple, etc.

I merged the threads.

Comment

• Anybody ever hit on any penny stocks?

Comment

Anybody ever hit on any penny stocks?
        TRIB.. not technically a penny stock as it’s an ADR

But bought that shyt at $2 and some change in 2009 and sold most at 22 a few years later, The rest was unloaded at $5 about 3 months ago, dodged a bullet as it is now back into the $2 range.

Literally saw jim Cramer talk about it, and was like “**** it, we will see if this dude full of shyt or not” spent $200 and got 100 shares. My first and only time I listened to Cramer, but gotta give him props and that call.

Comment

What ya into?

Stocks, real estate, boats?

BostonGuy

Anyone interested in any of these Weed stocks? I watch them every day, bit of a rollercoaster.
          Stay away from weed stocks,, biggest bubble ever.

MJ etf is the only way to go. Weed stocks are basically the tech bubble of late 90s. People see the potential in the industry but none of the companies have actuall earnings. It’s all “in theory” at this point.. that’s why you see tilray jump from $40 to 300 and back down again.

It’s a low margin commodity, plus big tobacco is eventually going to swoop in once all the laws n regulations are in place.

Buy MJ when it’s below $30

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            China still getting wrecked, though I have been adding to alibaba and CQQQ as everything heads south.

May open a position in Tencent and TSM if it keeps dropping

Stateside everything good except semiconductors getting crushed. I will be adding to my position in MKSI if it stays below $83

Lots of buying opportunities if you are patient.

Bought GE dec 2018 puts with a strike of 10. And $15 long calls at $15 January 2020. Sort of a backasswards straddle

Made killer money,,,, saw the dividend cut coming a mile away. Closed 80% of the puts for a nice 390% gain, still holding 20%, doesn’t expire til December 21, and up over 500% on the remaining puts.. just this week opened up puts at $8 and $9 strikes, already in the money.

GE is a dumpster fire headed to $7, but I will be a buyer soon. Market cap less than 100 bil, and aviation division is worth 130-170 billion easy.. Ge is about to become what’s known as an “asset play”

8 or under, be a buyer if you long term. Until then buy puts

Comment

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
              Everyone is a hero when the stock market is up during a upward moving business cycle. What you must be wary of is the downside that’s on its way. Your portfolio needs to reflect this oncoming freight train. We should all know it’s coming so don’t be greedy. Start moving into safer havens that will at least drop less than more risky investments or even better move into cash. I expect the market to upswing to years end to all time highs. I’m getting out at that point and will wait on the collapse...then step back in.
              I don’t mind a downfall. I’ll keep on buying stocks at a fat discount. You only lose if you sell. I’d hate to be one of those suckers that bailed when the market fell to 6800. I’ll keep buying at 75% off and revel when the market comes roaring back and make three times as much on the ride up.

Stick to the market. History repeats itself. And if the market totally collapses (never has since inception) then who cares, it doesn’t matter where you placed your money. It won’t be worth anything. We’ll be fighting each other with sticks and stones for scraps of food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                I don’t mind a downfall. I’ll keep on buying stocks at a fat discount. You only lose if you sell. I’d hate to be one of those suckers that bailed when the market fell to 6800. I’ll keep buying at 75% off and revel when the market comes roaring back and make three times as much on the ride up.

Stick to the market. History repeats itself. And if the market totally collapses (never has since inception) then who cares, it doesn’t matter where you placed your money. It won’t be worth anything. We’ll be fighting each other with sticks and stones for scraps of food.
                Amen brother

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Stay away from weed stocks,, biggest bubble ever.

MJ etf is the only way to go. Weed stocks are basically the tech bubble of late 90s. People see the potential in the industry but none of the companies have actuall earnings. It’s all “in theory” at this point.. that’s why you see tilray jump from $40 to 300 and back down again.

It’s a low margin commodity, plus big tobacco is eventually going to swoop in once all the laws n regulations are in place.

Buy MJ when it’s below $30
                  Tilray went up to about $180 after that beverage buy in.

Been watching aphria and canopy and aurora - But I agree on the bubble. Since it was illegal through their start up period, none of them could get bank funding, so they gave out stock options to liquid investors and essentially devalued the shares.

I agree, it's all based on potential. Which it will eventually be profitable, but all the prices are inflated. Except APhria, I think they are a potential long term hold, around $12/share.

Comment

• Last month wasn't a positive one, but I'm hopeful for the future:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                      Last month wasn't a positive one, but I'm hopeful for the future:

October was ****ing brutal.

Haven’t had a month like that in a few years.

Comment

Working...
                      X