Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Leaving The Knicks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If LeBron does leave Miami, It will be to return to cleveland. Unless he gets a ridiculous offer from the rockets.

Comment

Mak, Melo has put some solid D on LeBron before. It's not that he's horrible on defense but just lazy. Thibs won't play that.

Comment

Honestly, I would be pretty disappointed if I were a fan of any team Melo goes too. He has proven himself incapable to playing effectively as a team with other top tier players.

LBJ, I can feel it. He wants a TEAM and that is incredible coming from someone who is recognized at the best player now and in many peoples opinion, including my own, the best ever. I would not be surprised if LBJ waits out Tim Duncan's retirement and really pushes for the Spurs because I could hear it in his voice, he desires that type of team orientation. He's not as envious that they beat him, he is envious of how it happened. That said, the Spurs don't exactly fit his play style but he desires that sort of team ball and I think he could adapt because his main goal is to win rather than to simply look flashy in doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
          Mak, Melo has put some solid D on LeBron before. It's not that he's horrible on defense but just lazy. Thibs won't play that.
          The other team mentioned as a possibility for Melo is Houston. But they are trying to lure LeBron there. Thats why I think he is going to Chicago. It would be funny if he went back to denver to play for brian shaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
            Honestly, I would be pretty disappointed if I were a fan of any team Melo goes too. He has proven himself incapable to playing effectively as a team with other top tier players.

LBJ, I can feel it. He wants a TEAM and that is incredible coming from someone who is recognized at the best player now and in many peoples opinion, including my own, the best ever. I would not be surprised if LBJ waits out Tim Duncan's retirement and really pushes for the Spurs because I could hear it in his voice, he desires that type of team orientation. He's not as envious that they beat him, he is envious of how it happened. That said, the Spurs don't exactly fit his play style but he desires that sort of team ball and I think he could adapt because his main goal is to win rather than to simply look flashy in doing so.
            When he was paired with Chauncey they made it to the WCF. Plus, he's shown to play great team basketball on team USA. Not a coincidence that team USA has great coaches, a philosophy, and a scheme he can play under.

Let's also not forget how hungry he is to win a chip. He knows his time is ticking. The fact that he wants to play for Thibs says a lot about his mind set.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
              When he was paired with Chauncey they made it to the WCF. Plus, he's shown to play great team basketball on team USA. Not a coincidence that team USA has great coaches, a philosophy, and a scheme he can play under.

Let's also not forget how hungry he is to win a chip. He knows his time is ticking. The fact that he wants to play for Thibs says a lot about his mind set.
              Those are good points i must admit.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                and the funny part about all that, even if it were true; we're still gonna win a title before the Clippers
                We shall see. I like our chances if Sterling goes away & Ballmer gains complete control. We're a lot closer than you guys are.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  No way.

2014-2015 will still be rough. Would help if they pull off the trade for Carter Williams and Thaddeus Young though. Plus we'd still have around 25-30 million in cap space this summer.

2015-2016 we could potentially have enough space for 1-2 max free agents depending on this summer.

And after that, Kobe is off the books.

The Lakers will at least compete for another title in the next 3-4 years.
                  Nope, I just don't see it. I think your front office is pretty bad and prone to making bad decisions. I think you'll hire a mediocre coach and I don't see a championship level impact player joining your team any time soon. I doubt you wind up with Love. You'll have to get lucky. Giving Kobe all that money, the Nash trade, hiring Brown and D'antoni aren't exactly ringing endorsements for your front office.

Comment

On the NBA website they suggested that Lebron has a lot of business interests outside basketball and if he did leave Miami, it would be for a larger market. Meaning basicly a larger city. Even if Cleveland was a large city I doubt it would be considered. He tried that and it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post

Wait......do you think LeBron is the best player ever?

Comment

Working...
                      X