Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Leaving The Knicks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melo is a great scorer but he does not make his teammates around him better. A melo led team will never be a serious contender. Melo would be a good sidekick to a real franchise player but as the main guy? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
      Writing was on the wall since the beginning of the season. He was gonna test free agency regardless. What does he have to lose? Potential to be on a contender, and if he stays in NY, they'll still pay him a ridiculous amount of cash.

And what chemistry? We were ranked 28th in overall offensive efficiency. Give Melo the ball, still play elite defense, ECF trips for the next 4-5 years, at the least.

Melo to the Bulls!

did you really just put 'Melo' and 'elite defense' in the same sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        did you really just put 'Melo' and 'elite defense' in the same sentence?
        I meant the Bull's team defense.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
          I meant the Bull's team defense.

i knew what you meant...you need to think about how Melo's 'D' is gonna affect that...team defense is about chemistry and effort...i doubt you guys would maintain your high rankings by acquiring someone not known for playing any defense

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            i knew what you meant...you need to think about how Melo's 'D' is gonna affect that...team defense is about chemistry and effort...i doubt you guys would maintain your high rankings by acquiring someone not known for playing any defense
            We had Boozer. Melo has the potential to be a better defender. I trust in Thibs.

We even let Deng go this year, and had a higher defensive rating, and a better record. Thibs is a defensive guru.

Comment

What does it say about Carmelo that I barely care where he ends up?

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                Melo is a great scorer but he does not make his teammates around him better. A melo led team will never be a serious contender. Melo would be a good sidekick to a real franchise player but as the main guy? Nah.
                Imo melo is the missing piece to the bulls

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  What does it say about Carmelo that I barely care where he ends up?

what does it say about Melo when this lakers fan, a team that needs more help than anyone, is glad LA is not being mentioned as a destination

Comment

Everyone knew this was coming. Bulls, Warriors are the best fit imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Willthethrill View Post
                      Imo melo is the missing piece to the bulls
                      Noah
                      Gibson
                      Melo
                      Butler
                      Rose

SICK.

Comment

Working...
                      X