Game of Thrones TV ONLY discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
    ok im sorry.

i think im just picking on you because you're an esb reject.
    Fair enough, lol. In hindsight it was probably wasn't the best choice for a name.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        "Not me personally, but a guy I know. Him and her......

Comment

• Originally posted by ***9484;***8745;***9488;(***9685;_***9685;)***9484 ;***8745;***9488; View Post
          its ****ing obvious, i havent read no book because who has time for that really but look at him, hes a ****ing massive **** with full armor on. this gay lad with his ****ing javelin or whatever aint doing **** to him.
          See, I would think the other way. When the gay guy is bringing a javelin to fight a monster in full armor, I'm thinking that gay guy must know how to fight.

It's like playing a video game and you come to a boss who's your size after five that took up the whole screen. You know he's going to be the hardest boss.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            See, I would think the other way. When the gay guy is bringing a javelin to fight a monster in full armor, I'm thinking that gay guy must know how to fight.

It's like playing a video game and you come to a boss who's your size after five that took up the whole screen. You know he's going to be the hardest boss.
            ah, touché

Comment

• Oberyn might Achilles The Mountain!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
                  Oberyn might Achilles The Mountain!!

achilles is on another level of badass though.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
                    Was really thinking about it... I dont like how Joffrey died, they could of done a lot more with that character.

For starters, for him to be told he isnt the rightful king and that hes the son of incest etc etc... his character deserved worse than 20 second death.
                    Send an email to George R. R. Martin

Comment

• George R. R. Martin on Joffrey’s death:

I mean, Joffrey, as monstrous as he is — and certainly he’s just as monstrous in the books as he is in the TV show, and Jack has brought some incredible acting chops to the role that somehow makes him even more loathsome than he is on the page — but Joffrey in the books is still a 13-year-old kid. And there’s kind of a moment there where he knows that he’s dying and he can’t get a breath and he’s kind of looking at Tyrion and at his mother and at the other people in the hall with just terror and appeal in his eyes—you know, “Help me mommy, I’m dying.” And in that moment, I think even Tyrion sees a 13-year-old boy dying before him. So I didn’t want it to be entirely, “Hey-ho, the witch is dead.” I wanted the impact of the death to still strike home on to perhaps more complex feelings on the part of the audience, not necessarily just cheering.

[...]

*I think the idea with Joffrey’s death was to make it look like an accident — someone’s out celebrating, they haven’t invented the Heimlich maneuver, so when someone gets food caught in his throat, it’s very serious. I based it a little on the death of Eustace, the son of King Stephen of England. Stephen had usurped the crown from his cousin, the empress Maude, and they fought a long civil war and the anarchy and the war would be passed down to second generation, because Maude had a son and Henry and Stephen had a son. But Eustace choked to death at a feast. People are still debating a thousand of years later: Did he choke to death or was he poisoned? Because by removing Eustace, it brought about a peace that ended the English civil war. Eustace’s death was accepted [as accidental], and I think that’s what the murderers here were hoping for — the whole realm will see Joffrey choke to death on a piece of pie or something. But what they didn’t count on, was Cersei’s immediate assumption that this was murder. Cersei wasn’t fooled by this for a second. She doesn’t believe that it was an accidental death. You saw the scene filmed, does it come across as he could possibly be just choking or is it very clear he’s been poisoned?

Comment

Working...
                      X